Roast Inner Feral Fan Unleashed - Warning - Unbridled, passionate, and objectionable opinions within

Remove this Banner Ad

The sooner the Saints season ends, the sooner their footy manager can be approached and poached. Hoping the Doggies prevail today.

allow me to anticipate the guts of the response;...thanks to the members, thank you , thanks, ta, grazie, thanks again, oh did I say thanks, thank you.

I dislike the GCS as a footy entity. However, I've developed a sincere liking for their chief Tony Cochrane. He's got some mongrel and follows through; that in itself is worthy of respect. Our current CEO might enjoy working under Tony for a year or 2. I'd be happy for CFC to release him if such a position opened up. The entire competition might benefit from sound membership sales expertise on the Coast.

The Saints Footy Manager is making us look sillier and sillier with each passing week.
Both our clubs have been in the mix for the same type of players. Hill/Z Jones vs Williams/Saad. I think we come out on top there. I would have been ok with getting Lethlean but there is a clear preference within our club to steer away from perceived wrong doers. Not sure on the wisdom of this myself.

If ya’ve sold memberships in one sporting code; y’ve sold memberships in all of em. Why even stay in the AFL. He s got the sporting world at his feet. Someone please offer him a membership sales role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congrats to SOS on his expert commentary; he is doing a fine job. Well done to SEN for creating the senSOStional segment; loving the insight provided by he and Rendell

Last edited:
am trying not to get all philoSOSical; SEN‘s back to its heartland best. Onya Hutchy.

In recent years, our club‘s engaged well with supporters during this time of post season; we’d get a rundown on recruiting/trading objectives/approach. We seem to have gone all secretive of late; in matters not typically regarded as necessarily confidential. Our club seems to have moved to Crows-like controlled marketing communiques. Sometimes silence is not a *en virtue.

In recent years, our club‘s engaged well with supporters during this time of post season; we’d get a rundown on recruiting/trading objectives/approach. We seem to have gone all secretive of late; in matters not typically regarded as necessarily confidential. Our club seems to have moved to Crows-like controlled marketing communiques. Sometimes silence is not a fu**en virtue.
I like it. It's not a thing for a professional organisation to leak like the ceiling, sink and floor of a sharehouse.

In recent years, our club‘s engaged well with supporters during this time of post season; we’d get a rundown on recruiting/trading objectives/approach. We seem to have gone all secretive of late; in matters not typically regarded as necessarily confidential. Our club seems to have moved to Crows-like controlled marketing communiques. Sometimes silence is not a fu**en virtue.

Credit where credit is due Opine

1. they've got Wiliams to declare for Carlton and Saad to declare a wish to be traded to Carlton - weeks ago, whilst the season was still being played out.
2. they've publicised the fact that Cripps has been busy talking to at least Oliver re him coming over
3. they have got Saad's management to suggest PSD / Draft is an option for Saad if Essendon become silly in their expectations

I would say that is a fair amount of transparency

4. There is an expectation that these deals will go through quickly- certainly as far as Williams goes GWS have stated that they will not match Carlton's offer.

Any deal involving Essendone is for tribal hatred reasons always going to be accompanied by a lot of chest puffing- we are Carlton they are Essendone - bad enough for them a wanted player wishes to leave - bad enough for them to bad mouth him to all and sundry. They aren't happy with this- it would be like one of our best players declaring to go to Essendon as an FA - a bit of a slap in the face to supporters who have the tribal hatred of Essendone going.

If list management manages to get Wines or Oliver on top of Williams and Saad - that would be the best trade haul the CLub has experienced in 20 years - better than Judd in my books- far far better.

I like it. It's not a thing for a professional organisation to leak like the ceiling, sink and floor of a sharehouse.
Club communiques aren’t leaks; and shouldn’t be reserved merely for blatant controlled marketing. Supporters want to know what’s going on; even if so generic as to not be capable of undermining any outcomes. It’s what bonds supporters and clubs.

Club communiques aren’t leaks; and shouldn’t be reserved merely for blatant controlled marketing. Supporters want to know what’s going on; even if so generic as to not be capable of undermining any outcomes. It’s what bonds supporters and clubs.
I suppose it's that I'm not really an impatient person, at least as far as football is concerned; in other areas, sure. I don't really care too much about rumours or speculation. When I say I like the lack of information, I mean I like it especially in the light of what's come before.

Austin is following a Carlton great, who left the club under dubious and scurrilous circumstances, who most of the AFL community and us the fans think did a terrific job in rebuilding us. I'd rather he kept his powder dry and his mouth shut until he's done something of merit before we started to hear about his views or what we've got going on.

And I'd prefer what's released from the club to be genuine, not generic. Speak when you've got something to say.

Credit where credit is due Opine

1. they've got Wiliams to declare for Carlton and Saad to declare a wish to be traded to Carlton - weeks ago, whilst the season was still being played out.
2. they've publicised the fact that Cripps has been busy talking to at least Oliver re him coming over
3. they have got Saad's management to suggest PSD / Draft is an option for Saad if Essendon become silly in their expectations

I would say that is a fair amount of transparency

4. There is an expectation that these deals will go through quickly- certainly as far as Williams goes GWS have stated that they will not match Carlton's offer.

Any deal involving Essendone is for tribal hatred reasons always going to be accompanied by a lot of chest puffing- we are Carlton they are Essendone - bad enough for them a wanted player wishes to leave - bad enough for them to bad mouth him to all and sundry. They aren't happy with this- it would be like one of our best players declaring to go to Essendon as an FA - a bit of a slap in the face to supporters who have the tribal hatred of Essendone going.

If list management manages to get Wines or Oliver on top of Williams and Saad - that would be the best trade haul the CLub has experienced in 20 years - better than Judd in my books- far far better.
The outcomes thus far are fine; I’ve expressed that when merited. I’m not suggesting that supporters need to know the names of players involved; generic discussion on class/s or category/s is enough to quench the appetite for connection. At it’s simplest, I‘d like to hear from our formal LM. I don’t want to learn about LM related matters via CEO.

Last edited:
The outcomes thus far are fine; I’ve expressed that when merited. I’m not suggesting that supporters need to know the names of players involved; discussion on class/s or category/s is enough to quench the appetite for connection. At it’s simplest, I‘d to hear from our formal LM. I don’t want to hear about LM related matters from the CEO.
I would be extremely disappointed to get "gossip" from our list manager now. His time for commentary, bearing in mind how many moving parts there are, is at the end of the trade period and after the draft. Give me an idea of how many list managers you have heard from so far??

I suppose it's that I'm not really an impatient person, at least as far as football is concerned; in other areas, sure. I don't really care too much about rumours or speculation. When I say I like the lack of information, I mean I like it especially in the light of what's come before.

Austin is following a Carlton great, who left the club under dubious and scurrilous circumstances, who most of the AFL community and us the fans think did a terrific job in rebuilding us. I'd rather he kept his powder dry and his mouth shut until he's done something of merit before we started to hear about his views or what we've got going on.

And I'd prefer what's released from the club to be genuine, not generic. Speak when you've got something to say.
Thats just the thing though isn’t it. The trade period’s underway, there’s almost certainly something to say to supporters to engage with them.

I would be extremely disappointed to get "gossip" from our list manager now. His time for commentary, bearing in mind how many moving parts there are, is at the end of the trade period and after the draft. Give me an idea of how many list managers you have heard from so far??
Agreed, no gossip. I just want to hear his voice, and understand his general view on the upcoming trade period; even if it’s merely to repeat common knowledge.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back