Inner North

Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 3 includes a cameo guest appearance by Jeff Lynne. Clarko's key message: mastering the plans over a period of time.

We are a work in progress, so our expectations need to be realistic. The coaching seems to be very constructive. Partial reinforcement etc.

Quite liked the third episode, in particular the discussion between Clarko and Ratten, listening to them talk about what was working and not working was fascinating. I think our young players are going to learn a great deal from these two and it will be interesting to see the team progresses during the season.

After watching formula 1 drive to survive and swing. It would be fantastic if we could somehow manage to make a Netflix show about our club.

10 episodes each season. Call it “Going North”.

Start this season discuss our previous two years of finishing last, being a club that was down on its knees, the docuseries would follow us becoming a powerhouse again.

I reckon the first club to do it would get stacks of interest internationally.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nice to see George put his arm around Harry’s shoulders as the players left the briefing at the end.

And I enjoyed having the focus on the coaches chat during the game, mostly having no idea where in the game it was or how the score was going because that wasn’t what they were talking about.

After watching formula 1 drive to survive and swing. It would be fantastic if we could somehow manage to make a Netflix show about our club.

10 episodes each season. Call it “Going North”.

Start this season discuss our previous two years of finishing last, being a club that was down on its knees, the docuseries would follow us becoming a powerhouse again.

Yeah I’m kinda wanting it to be like drive to survive.. but you probably need to air it at end of year so that’s it’s truthful to the story / plight . Would love a more in depth behind the scenes with players.. some their hardships, some just trying to get into the seniors.. their journeys… whereas even though I enjoy it. I feel this is just one eyed puff piece without any grime.

Also I would LOVE for the club to do like they do in formula one- grill the grid… with random games all players to play every so often. Would really endear us to them and show their characters.

How long before angry Clarko turns up? Reckon he saves it for special occasions like Denis did since it will lose it's effect if used too often?
Some people just know when it's needed and for who. It'll happen, but it won't be for the show of just being "coach", it'll be to get a response.

Liam Shiels is playing 18+ games this season based on that. An invaluable source of learning on the field

Thought I'd move my post from the other thread to here:

Just watched Inner North. Ratts is so good in the box. The way he's just a mega mind memorising things up there, challenging Clarko, while Clarko sits there picking the game apart and seeing things no one else does is *ing insane.

Absolutely - I've seen some great people with this ability. It's like they remember a sports game the same way Carlsen recalls an entire chess game. Can quickly identify key moments where things went wrong. Amazing ability - wish I had it lol.

This show gets better every week.

The producers (whoever they are) are doing a great job and they/the club should really think about how they want to take this concept forward (without overkilling it).

Really great to see the constructive and positive approach to the loss on the weekend. Got some great people there and I really hope Ratten is enjoying his time with us.

10 episodes each season. Call it “Staying North”.

With a nod to ourselves for keeping us here :cool:

Thought I'd move my post from the other thread to here:

Just watched Inner North. Ratts is so good in the box. The way he's just a mega mind memorising things up there, challenging Clarko, while Clarko sits there picking the game apart and seeing things no one else does is *ing insane.
That very simple different angle re Cunnington in the fwd line. Yep, lacks pace, BUT, they have to have a player on him, and he's a damn sight stronger than most. Obviously words to that effect. Benny can rest in the pocket - Cunningtons Corner if you will, and kick 40 for the year :) No running involved :cool:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back