Inner North

Remove this Banner Ad

That very simple different angle re Cunnington in the fwd line. Yep, lacks pace, BUT, they have to have a player on him, and he's a damn sight stronger than most. Obviously words to that effect. Benny can rest in the pocket - Cunningtons Corner if you will, and kick 40 for the year :) No running involved :cool:

Yep! Even the extra insight to point out that it makes them lengthen their defence was awesome. It's one less player that can zone off. Loved it.

Seriously awesome content. My eyes were glued to the screen.

A lot of insight as well:
  • the Ratten/Clarko dynamic (how crazy we essentially have two afl coaches)
  • the plans for using cunners forward
  • the support that pup provides already
  • how calm Clarkson is
  • the ownership of coaches rather then blame of just players (the cesspit match day threads on here could take some f*kn notes)
  • the funny dynamic between monkey and the rucks
  • pretty clear who is and isn’t rated by some of that footage as well

So awesome.

I’be messaged the club saying how good it has been & they need to do the whole year.
Every positive bit of feedback they receive would make that more likely.
VERY good point, don't let them decide on view counts, just straight up tell 'em

So the knock on ratts at the sainters was that he was everyone’s mate and almost one of the boys more so than a coach that could get them to extract a digit.

You see him mucking around in the team meeting with high performance bloke, then again pre game with monkey. Aloof and a lad.

Then in the box ******* bang - a completely different setup. He’s a genuine asset and we need to keep him

• the support that pup provides already\
  • the ownership of coaches rather then blame of just players (the cesspit match day threads on here could take some f*kn notes)
the first is what stood out to me, but you make an excellent observation with the second point. i wonder how much of that there was last year when it was clear to pretty much everyone that what the players were being asked to do was fundamentally flawed and, in fact, they looked as confused as the rest of us

Genuinely sad that it’s finished.

What a great idea and I think probably the best ep. Can see what we are looking to get to and it seems to be broken down so simply to the players.

Loved the Goldy part, some funny moments.
I saw the Goldy part a bit different. Good to see some camaraderie back in the joint, but we're coming off two spoons and I was a bit surprised at the lack of tension in the rooms even for a practice match.

I saw the Goldy part a bit different. Good to see some camaraderie back in the joint, but we're coming off two spoons and I was a bit surprised at the lack of tension in the rooms even for a practice match.
You'll likely find that most professional sports teams will try and keep things calm before the game. No reason to work yourself up too early, get the adrenaline going for no reason, or make yourself feel sick from anticipation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hope Ratts enjoys his part-time gig and hangs around a while. Such a great asset to have. Also love Clarko asking everyone what they are seeing. Empowers players to contribute and Clarko is continually crunching the observations.

Its good leadership too. Everyone sees stuff and sometimes someone who is usually silent might notice something important no one else has caught on to. Good leadership almost demands you ask everyone what they are seeing.

Not only does it "empower them to contribute", it enables them to by getting them thinking about the game and what is happening more than they might otherwise do. If you're gonna talk about what is happening in front of Clarkson, probably the most authoratitive^ figure in footy, then you better have something to say.

It might be as simple as one player noticing that every time a particular thing happens up field one opposition player on their line mate or someone in their FOV steps back an extra foot and positions a particular way, as they both fight for position, get's a start to run off the back of their little contest and running off opens us up. Sometimes you can't see that stuff unless you are on field to notice it, and close on field too. Its little things like that can give a receiving player the extra half a metre they need to make a quick ball over the back work.

After watching formula 1 drive to survive and swing. It would be fantastic if we could somehow manage to make a Netflix show about our club.

10 episodes each season. Call it “Going North”.

Start this season discuss our previous two years of finishing last, being a club that was down on its knees, the docuseries would follow us becoming a powerhouse again.

I reckon the first club to do it would get stacks of interest internationally.
Alternatively you could call it "True North". A series like that could make North a cult club. The climb off the bottom would provide for added interest and keep the audience captivated. North's refusal to go after easy pokies money out of consideration for the community could be highlighted to sell North as a community club that refuses to sell its soul no matter how difficult its financial position. That always gets the public sympathy of the neutrals. I reckon we'd smash our membership record if you could get a series like that off the ground.

Alternatively you could call it "True North". A series like that could make North a cult club. The climb off the bottom would provide for added interest and keep the audience captivated. North's refusal to go after easy pokies money out of consideration for the community could be highlighted to sell North as a community club that refuses to sell its soul no matter how difficult its financial position. That always gets the public sympathy of the neutrals. I reckon we'd smash our membership record if you could get a series like that off the ground.
100%. Could drum up all sorts of new sponsors as well.

Another take-away - Bailey Scott clearly knows what's happening on the field.

He probably wants to avoid being the smart kid but we really need his brains directing traffic out there if he can find his voice.

Me too. He came across as a bit of a buffoon. But a very loveable buffoon.

Another take-away - Bailey Scott clearly knows what's happening on the field.

He probably wants to avoid being the smart kid but we really need his brains directing traffic out there if he can find his voice
was some respect between coach and player there

We'll be watching this in 20-30 years with nostalgia about where it all began for our 5th, 6th and 7th flags!

And I can say when I am 86 years old in the Nursing Home

“I was there that day. And left at 3/4 time to look at the last of those internal combustion engine thingos. Now where did I leave my teeth?”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back