twentydollarnote

Premiership Player
Nov 26, 2008
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
tottenham
As the season is just about over pick which players you would want to keep/discard for next season, (the poll doesnt included marrone, sarkies, leckie and galekovic as there was no room and they're pretty obvious ones).

1 GK Eugene Galekovic - Keep
2 DF Robert Cornthwaite -out
3 DF Alemão -out
4 DF Iain Fyfe - Keep
5 DF Daniel Mullen - Keep
6 DF Cássio -out
7 MF Lucas Pantelis -out
8 MF Kristian Sarkies -out
9 FW Cristiano - Keep
10 MF Adam Hughes - Keep
11 FW Lloyd Owusu - Keep
12 MF Paul Reid -out
13 MF Travis Dodd (Captain) -out
14 DF Scott Jamieson - Keep
15 FW Francesco Monterosso (Youth) - Keep
16 MF Inseob Shin -out
17 DF Michael Marrone -out (unfortunately)
18 MF Fabian Barbiero - Keep
19 MF Mathew Leckie - Keep!
20 GK Mark Birighitti (Youth) -out
21 DF Mark Rudan -out
23 MF Joe Costa (Youth) - Keep
24 MF Marcos Flores - Keep
coach-out

Keep Hughes? I know he is contracted but still.

Also I wouldn't mind Alemao and Cassio staying, our defence isn't the problem, it's generally very strong, I'd even keep Cornflakes purely for back-up, although some further depth would be handy.

Must draft in some midfielders, Reid has to go, he is a liability. Hughes out, Shin/Dodd to stay, Dodd can turn it on, and he has showed signs recently of returning to his form on 2 years ago.

But call me captain obvious, the front 3rd is where the changes must happen. Cristiano must go, he isn't a proven performer. Owusu, don't really give a hoot to be honest, he can stay if he wants. Monterosso must stay, and we must make a run and an Australian striker who plies their trade overseas, Michael Baird didnt make pass the trial I'm assuming?

hughes at least puts in, the team needs a culture change, hence vidmar and guys like dodd alemao, and cassio who are more talented need to go because they dont put in and cause problems. Cornthwaite is also in this basket as well, but just isnt very good. Shin i dont see the point hes a mile off, a south australian should be in his spot. Strikers i would keep until we find someone better. Reid a good player but past it, maybe can fill in at right back but no longer as a midfielder.

Hughes and Reid both need to go, Cornflakes,Rudan gone. Shin should stay and actually get a gig if not keep him in the youth team till he develops better. Dodd has to say despite what people say he and Leckie will be a good combination up front with Flores Marrone and Barbiero playing them in. Pantelis as much as i think he is a hack these days got to keep him if we can as he has probably been our best player's this season. Cassio and Alemeo are both worth keeping but one of them needs to go leaving another spot for a overseas based striker to come in.

Im going to say keep Vidmar when we get a owner things will be different less pressure will be on Viddie, people forget that he has taken us to the ACL final and the final against Victory last year one bad year doesn't make a poor coach we haven't even played that bad football this season just have problems getting the ball into the back of the net only person top blame is the players not Vidmar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oi! Glory fans out....and take your Juric with you!

Juric_112.jpg

C'Mon Frank. Your not wanted here...:p

Keep Hughes and drop Reid, Cassio and Dodd? Are you high? Hughes is about as good as I am, and despite the fact I have no idea who you are he's probably about as good as you are too.

reid is for injury reasons, Cassio and Dodd because they have attitude problems. I wouldnt be against replacing hughes though i just thought seeing i had 1/2 the team going as well he could stay.

Hughes and Reid both need to go, Cornflakes,Rudan gone. Shin should stay and actually get a gig if not keep him in the youth team till he develops better. Dodd has to say despite what people say he and Leckie will be a good combination up front with Flores Marrone and Barbiero playing them in. Pantelis as much as i think he is a hack these days got to keep him if we can as he has probably been our best player's this season. Cassio and Alemeo are both worth keeping but one of them needs to go leaving another spot for a overseas based striker to come in.

Im going to say keep Vidmar when we get a owner things will be different less pressure will be on Viddie, people forget that he has taken us to the ACL final and the final against Victory last year one bad year doesn't make a poor coach we haven't even played that bad football this season just have problems getting the ball into the back of the net only person top blame is the players not Vidmar.

New owners would help things like signing our young players before they go to Nth Qld and giving more direction and improving things like fitness and professionalism. Vidmar is still responsible for playing side of things though, things like the culture of the team which has been poor ever since hes been in charge.

I also cant really think of a young player hes taken a developed into a really good player, they all seem to come in make an impact and then hit a wall or leave with him in charge.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back