Remove this Banner Ad

Nightwolf

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 25, 2004
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In: Ladson, Brennan
Out: Lonie, Miller

Bit stiff on Harry me thinks, 1 bad game and gets a Box Hill game.

Wanted Greene to play, but happy with Laddo back. But things arent looking good at all for Holland...

Great to see Luke back .. and Laddo too.

Wonder if AC and his selectors read this Board ... and take up what some of us have touted .... try Brennan at CHF and give him a prolonged opportunity in the position to hone himself in.

I know he is just over 6 ft but there have been some great CHF's about the same height ... just like his strong marking prowess .. hope he proves us / me right as we simply need one of our youngsters to make a career in that possie. Rather that than buy an expensive second hand player from another mould.

Yes, Nightwolf_69, looks as though AC might read this Board when it comes to the non-return of Dutchy. And pigs might fly ... :rolleyes:

Both teams ...

HAWTHORN
B: Thurgood, Hay, Osborne
HB: Hodge, Smith, Brown
C: Vandenberg, Mitchell, Clarke
HF: Jacobs, Croad, Crawford
F: Williams, Dixon, Ladson
FOLL: Everitt, Lewis, Bateman
I/C: Franklin, Brennan, Ries, Taylor
EMG: Boyle, Greene, Roughead
IN: Ladson, Brennan
OUT: Miller, Lonie

Great to see Tim Boyle in the wings ... maybe AC does look at this Board.

MELBOURNE
B: Brown, Ferguson, Bell
HB: Bizzell, Rivers, Wheatley
C: Moloney, Johnstone, Green
HF: Robertson, P.Johnson, Bruce
F: Davey, Holland, Yze
FOLL: White, McLean, McDonald
I/C: C.Johnson, Williams, Sylvia, Heffernan
EMG: Godfrey, Rigoni, Read
IN: Bruce, C.Johnson, Wheatley
OUT: Neitz (hamstring), Miller (susp), Godfrey
NEW: Chris Johnson (East Fremantle)

Cant see our team lining up like that at the first bounce .....

Trent will be at CHB. Smith to HBF. Luke to HFF. Jacobs on the bench. Brennan CHF. Possibly Buddy at FF and Dicko to the bench.

Footnote:
Have you posters left for the 'G' already. Where are you? Maybe it's the cold weather down there ... get out of bed!

Becker said:
We wouldn't be so silly as to start Croad at CHF ..... would we?

One of Croad or Jacobs will surely start in defense. I'd prefer starting Trent on Paul Johnson - Croady should give him a bath.

If Stacks can't keep Ben Holland in check it really will show how much he's declined. He's got it over Holland in every facet of the game, even field kicking.

Smith, Brown and Ossy to take Robertson, Yze and Davey respectively.

Our forward line looks a mess, even with Trent there, but at least the Dees forward line is crap too, and we match up alright on them.

The beauty of this game is that the Dees back their midfield and forwards to get possession of the ball and kick a winning score. They don't play defensively. If we can shut down their quality of supply, opportunity to hurt them on the rebound will be plentiful.

Great to see Laddo back, and great to see him acknowledged as an important return to the side.

I just think Croad is in rare form at CHB, we should leave him there. Both the Hawks and Freo have made the mistake of shifting him forward and it set his footy back 5 years. Leave him at CHB, that's where he is best value for the Hawks, forward worries or not.

yeah can't believe they wouldn't bring in a CHF this week after obviously lacking in that area in the last few weeks. Think Miller needed a rest. It isn't an insult dropping him, just needs more game time with Box Hill. Ladson in for Miller straight swap. Who will be out for Roughead one wonders? Hay... or will he play on Holland, and Croad CHF, with Smith on Robertson.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back