Ins & Outs for R17 v Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

What the hell is with those outs.

Redden I can kind of understand because he struggles to run out games and so would be in trouble as the #1 ruck (but i would still have had him in over Lobbe on current form).

Pfeiffer has started to play well and has been one of the few encouraging signs in recent weeks.

Not happy Jan (or is that Matilda).

Very excited to see Pittard back in though.

Not happy Jan (or is that Matilda).

matila.jpg

Laughable changes really. Lobbe has been awful, Redden was great last week. Pfeiffer was BOG last week, Logan played probably the worst game from a Port player in the last 5 years.

Happy to see Pittard back, but Pfeiffer out is ******* stupid.

I take it they see Pittard as a rebound defender so went like for like when they dropped Pfeiffer? It's about the only explanation I can think of. That or Cassisi forces him out.

No idea why we are going for one ruck in Darwin with the humidity up there, you figure two ruckman would be a good idea. Especially if Melbourne only have one, we would of been able to dominate against their part timer or tired no 1 ruck. I guess Reddens lack of engine saw him dropped? Not enough of a motor, especially in NT conditions?

Dunno how Thomas got a game. As much as Logan was horrid, Thomas was just as bad if not worse in his disposal. Surely we have another mid fielder who can take his place. The fact no one can force him out of the side or even to the bench say a lot of our midfield depth.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I take it they see Pittard as a rebound defender so went like for like when they dropped Pfeiffer? It's about the only explanation I can think of. That or Cassisi forces him out.

I'm so sick of this like for like bullshit. The balance is already wrong, like for like just perpetuates it. There's absolutely no need for Jonas, Cassisi and Logan in the same
side, especially not against not Melbourne.

And where exactly is the like for like in Redden out, Cassisi in?

If I could figure out which one the default font is, I'd change stuff that I've copied from other sites into it, but I can't. None of the options look like the default option.

Little trick, when posting click the top right icon of the posting box to switch to the BB editor, then copy and paste. When you switch back to rich text editing, it'll be in the default font. You can then bold, underline etc in the rich text editor without having to use the BB code.

Yeah, it seems the logic is: Cassisi and Pittard in, both defensive players so a defensive player has to go out. Logan is filling in for Surjan and will hold his spot irrespective of form until Surjan returns, Paul Stewart is too versatile to drop, the talls are talls which leaves Pfeiffer without a chair when the music stops.

As with everyone else, happy to see Pittard back, absolutely gobsmacked that Lobbe and Logan hold their spots over the far superior Redden and Pfeiffer. Staggering

For the 1st time I'm actually contemplating not watching this weeks game. The outs make no sense whatsoever, unless it's some elaborate plan to tank.

I have lost all faith in our Coach, the sooner he is gone the better.

what would this do for pfeiffers confidence? After working his way from whipping boy in his first couple of games to being best 22?

These are absolutely baffling changes. I will give the benefit of the doubt to the Redden one on the proviso it's possibly a match conditioning decision, particularly up in Darwin (although he was a standout performer last week and i think we should continue to play him).

But, Logan?

My own opinion is that Logan is right up there as one of the most ineffective players in the competition, and I have watched every single minute of every Port game this season. This is so bad, it deserves a pre-announcement warning of 'Extreme Comedy Ahead'.

I feel as though I've come home from work and walked into some kind of parallel universe.

I want my old universe back.

Let's play the 'justify Tom Logan's selection ahead of Darren Pfeiffer' game:

Hmmm....let's see...ahhhhh....no, I meant....errrrr....what was that thing that.....no that wasn't it...oh yeah that's right, do you remember the time....nup, that wasn't it.....

Awww he'll, I got nuthun.

WAIT!!!

The wheels on the bus go round and round, round and round......

I'd laugh if I knew it wouldn't transform into sobbing.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back