Insecure Richmond fans - this is why the wider AFL community doesn't respect you as much as Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

catsfootyfan89

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2022
AFL Club
Geelong
Hello to all you little Tiggy campaigners! (And the really insecure Mods who are editing my thread title because they're so TIGGERED by it!) :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Now listen - I know it's been a really tough little season for you all, and you're all still struggling to come to grips with reality, but I thought I might help you along the path of acceptance to demonstrate how both clubs go about things, particularly when successful.

First off, being graceful in defeat.
Last year, Chris Scott had to deal with losing a Prelim because most of his side came down with a nasty bug before the game. Geelong got pumped by a ferocious Melbourne as a result. No whining from Scotty, no excuse making in the aftermath. Just a classy congratulations to the winners and a message to the fans that we'd be back next year.
Contrast that with Dimma, who stormed into his Press Conference after the Brisbane loss with steam pouring out of his ears because his overpaid lumbering nimwit Lynch couldn't kick the simplest of goals and blames the ARC system, who made the right call anyway. Didn't blame the horrendous losses throughout the year (the heartless choke against the Cats, the embarrassing capitulation to the Suns, or the frankly hilarious Bradbury loss to Norf). Just played the man and paid the price as a result. Hardwick has some huge lessons to learn if he wants to respected along with the greats of the game.

Secondly, being honarable, law-abiding citizens and not being a bunch of crime-apologising brigands.
Look closely at how Geelong handled themselves on Grand Final day. They didn't bring a bloke out of the slammer and straight into the side on the day. They didn't bring bikies into the rooms after the win. And while Richmond players would rather take pictures of their medals being worn by topless girls and then share the pictures illegally online, a classy individual like Jezza instead put his medal on one of his farm cows for a sneaky joke instead. Just a classy way to handle yourselves on Grand Final day, instead of engaging in criminality and being completely feral. End of the day, people look up to the noble endeavours of man, and look down upon the types of behaviour cultivated at Punt Road.

Thirdly, recognising reality for what it is.
I know there's a huge problem within the Richmond walls with conspiracy theories currently. The idea that Hocking deliberately set out to ruin your 'genius' gameplan. The idea that Scotty's brother has been pulling the strings behind the scenes. The idea that the ARC was infiltrated by some kind of secret directive to get you out of the finals so Geelong didn't have to play you. While these theories are extremely funny, they're also emblematic of mental illness and you should all genuinely seek medical help to assist you with your delusions. Look to Geelong people for an example on how to interpret reality. In interviews post game, Chris spoke at length about the fact that Grand Finals are simply very hard to win. You just have to give yourself the best chance of getting there, and it doesn't always go your way. With sustained effort and perseverance, you can reach the pinnacle. Look at what happened after the incredibly fair and hard hit from Stewart on Prestia. While I think Prestia probably took a dive, look at how Richmond fans responded to losing Prestia the next week. They whinged endlessly, citing that as one of the main reasons their season fell apart. How did Geelong respond to losing their best player for four weeks? They won every game. We don't rely on individuals to win games. The footy world knows that without Dusty, Richmond probably lose 2 out of 3 of their Grand Finals. It's all about even contributions. Not just being passengers and expecting Prestia/Dusty to get the job done.

Finally, just being quality human beings.
This one might just be the way things are. Geelong are a team full of heroes and classy, selfless individuals. Our coach doesn't go around the club trying to shag the fitness staff and shafting his wife and family in the process. Our skipper - giving his boots to the Auskicker, getting Sammy over the fence to celebrate, and giving his time to his mate's child with health issues before the game. There's nobody more inspirational than Joel. We don't have players who threaten to break people's legs for drug money. We don't have blokes like Pickett, guilty of burglary and aggravated assault. We don't victimise our minority players who then leave to play at other clubs because of the way they're treated. Richmond even had a bloke on their list who was jailed for a decade for shooting two blokes! Wowee. As for the Cats, we're just a well-oiled machine full to the brim with class, brilliance and kindness. That's the difference. That's why the Cats flags are widely celebrated more than yours. This one is probably too bitter to swallow for most of you, but it's the truth.

So there you go, Tigers. Hopefully this gives you all something to aim for, and all the best in the future for the huge GWS gold-dig. I'm sure that'll work out really well for you all!

See you all at Centrelink on Thursday! Remember not to take your anger out on your partners!

fa57db670d8c6b25c9f7f97b76ed5a25.jpg

Last edited:
GleamingJaggedBushbaby-max-1mb.gif

Hello to all you little Tiggy campaigners!

Now listen - I know it's been a really tough little season for you all, and you're all still struggling to come to grips with reality, but I thought I might help you along the path of acceptance to demonstrate how both clubs go about things, particularly when successful.

Last year, Chris Scott had to deal with losing a Prelim because most of his side came down with a nasty bug before the game. Geelong got pumped by a ferocious Melbourne as a result. No whining from Scotty, no excuse making in the aftermath. Just a classy congratulations to the winners and a message to the fans that we'd be back next year.
Contrast that with Dimma, who stormed into his Press Conference after the Brisbane loss with steam pouring out of his ears because his overpaid lumbering nimwit Lynch couldn't kick the simplest of goals and blames the ARC system, who made the right call anyway. Didn't blame the horrendous losses throughout the year (the heartless choke against the Cats, the embarrassing capitulation to the Suns, or the frankly hilarious Bradbury loss to Norf). Just played the man and paid the price as a result. Hardwick has some huge lessons to learn if he wants to respected along with the greats of the game.

Secondly, being honarable, law-abiding citizens and not being a bunch of crime-apologising brigands.
Look closely at how Geelong handled themselves on Grand Final day. They didn't bring a bloke out of the slammer and straight into the side on the day. They didn't bring bikies into the rooms after the win. And while Richmond players would rather take pictures of their medals being worn by topless girls and then share the pictures illegally online, a classy individual like Jezza instead put his medal on one of his farm cows for a sneaky joke instead. Just a classy way to handle yourselves on Grand Final day, instead of engaging in criminality and being completely feral. End of the day, people look up to the noble endeavours of man, and look down upon the types of behaviour cultivated at Punt Road.

I know there's a huge problem within the Richmond walls with conspiracy theories currently. The idea that Hocking deliberately set out to ruin your 'genius' gameplan. The idea that Scotty's brother has been pulling the strings behind the scenes. The idea that the ARC was infiltrated by some kind of secret directive to get you out of the finals so Geelong didn't have to play you. While these theories are extremely funny, they're also emblematic of mental illness and you should all genuinely seek medical help to assist you with your delusions. Look to Geelong people for an example on how to interpret reality. In interviews post game, Chris spoke at length about the fact that Grand Finals are simply very hard to win. You just have to give yourself the best chance of getting there, and it doesn't always go your way. With sustained effort and perseverance, you can reach the pinnacle. Look at what happened after the incredibly fair and hard hit from Stewart on Prestia. While I think Prestia probably took a dive, look at how Richmond fans responded to losing Prestia the next week. They whinged endlessly, citing that as one of the main reasons their season fell apart. How did Geelong respond to losing their best player for four weeks? They won every game. We don't rely on individuals to win games. The footy world knows that without Dusty, Richmond probably lose 2 out of 3 of their Grand Finals. It's all about even contributions. Not just being passengers and expecting Prestia/Dusty to get the job done.

This one might just be the way things are. Geelong are a team full of heroes and classy, selfless individuals. Our coach doesn't go around the club trying to shag the fitness staff and shafting his wife and family in the process. Our skipper - giving his boots to the Auskicker, getting Sammy over the fence to celebrate, and giving his time to his mate's child with health issues before the game. There's nobody more inspirational than Joel. We don't have players who threaten to break people's legs for drug money. We don't have blokes like Pickett, guilty of burglary and aggravated assault. We don't victimise our minority players who then leave to play at other clubs because of the way they're treated. Richmond even had a bloke on their list who was jailed for a decade for shooting two blokes! Wowee. As for the Cats, we're just a well-oiled machine full to the brim with class, brilliance and kindness. That's the difference. That's why the Cats flags are widely celebrated more than yours. This one is probably too bitter to swallow for most of you, but it's the truth.

So there you go, Tigers. Hopefully this gives you all something to aim for, and all the best in the future for the huge GWS gold-dig. I'm sure that'll work out really well for you all!

See you all at Centrelink on Thursday! Remember not to take your anger out on your partners!
toro-570-sprinkler-body_512x512.jpg

I'd post an image about What Your Club Is Actually Doing but it wouldn't be in good taste after all the news coming out about your rabble club. A Hawthorn supporter is the last person on Earth who should be lecturing anybody about anything. Wowee, the lack of self awareness is astounding there! Hook line and sinker!

Last edited:
Hello to all you little Tiggy campaigners!

View attachment 1519183

Speaking of insecurity your post reeks of it, all I've seen on the Bay from Cats supporters since they won the flag is Richmond this Richmond that, even Chris Scott mentioned in an interview on Sat night that the 3 point win against Richmond was one of the moments where he felt the Cats could win the flag.

Just enjoy your win, as you guys well know they're damn hard to come by and don't come often.

Speaking of insecurity your post reeks of it, all I've seen on the Bay from Cats supporters since they won the flag is Richmond this Richmond that, even Chris Scott mentioned in an interview on Sat night that the 3 point win against Richmond was one of the moments where he felt the Cats could win the flag.

Just enjoy your win, as you guys well know they're damn hard to come by and don't come often.

images

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have never come away from a common interest specific forum in the sort of hysterics I have over the last few days thanks to a couple of cursory looks at the Tigers board.

To read such straw clutching, delusional denial was every bit as entertaining as season 2022 itself.

I’m worried for Tom Stewart though.

I’m sure he’s in for some physical harm from the resident Richmond Big Footy heavies who will no doubt be ready to bash him for his seen-a-dozen-times-a-season act on Prestia

I have never come away from a common interest specific forum in the sort of hysterics I have over the last few days thanks to a couple of cursory looks at the Tigers board.

To read such straw clutching, delusional denial was every bit as entertaining as season 2022 itself.

I’m worried for Tom Stewart though.

I’m sure he’s in for some physical harm from the resident Richmond Big Footy heavies who will no doubt be ready to bash him for his seen-a-dozen-times-a-season act on Prestia

Oh man.
The delusional nuffies on their board really is QAnon levels of tin foil hat tier stuff.

They were stiff against Brisbane yes, but I don't think they would have beaten Melly the following week, let alone your mob in the Prelim

Oh man.
The delusional nuffies on their board really is QAnon levels of tin foil hat tier stuff.

They were stiff against Brisbane yes, but I don't think they would have beaten Melly the following week, let alone your mob in the Prelim

Parramatta fans are the closest demographic I’ve come across but even they manage to maintain a level of self derision that makes them tolerable

Parramatta fans are the closest demographic I’ve come across but even they manage to maintain a level of self derision that makes them tolerable

Not a big NRL fan (I am a Bulldogs fan lol) but yeah, have been aware of the Nutty Eels fans for several years now :)

Not a big NRL fan (I am a Bulldogs fan lol) but yeah, have been aware of the Nutty Eels fans for several years now :)

If a number of eels supporting acquaintances are to be believed they’re the only team to not lose a game to a legitimately better side over the course of the last 20 years. Even the other night when their opponents’ best player was binned for 10 minutes and the eels scored a try from a blatant forward pass, an ex girlfriend of mine who I’m still on good terms with tried to tell me that they won in spite of the league wide conspiracy to prevent them succeeding.

Which like the Richmond nuffies flies in the face of the notion that financially the best thing that can happen to either league is for the dormant but colossal supporter base of both clubs (pre 2017 in Richmond’s case) to be awoken with a trophy

If a number of eels supporting acquaintances are to be believed they’re the only team to not lose a game to a legitimately better side over the course of the last 20 years. Even the other night when their opponents’ best player was binned for 10 minutes and the eels scored a try from a blatant forward pass, an ex girlfriend of mine who I’m still on good terms with tried to tell me that they won in spite of the league wide conspiracy to prevent them succeeding.

Which like the Richmond nuffies flies in the face of the notion that financially the best thing that can happen to either league is for the dormant but colossal supporter base of both clubs (pre 2017 in Richmond’s case) to be awoken with a trophy
Who would name their club the Eels, Dockers is bad enough Eels is bloody terrible.

I'm happy for the Cats I'm 59 today so nearly a pensioner myself, so I'm all for the oldies showing how its done, obviously the best team this year just a shame there wasn't a better opposition on the day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back