Remove this Banner Ad

Shaneprice97

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 24, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Similar to the recent thread about players who kill your side everytime, except this is for the good players that never seem to show up against your mob.

As a Port fan, I notice that whenever we play Freo I never seem to notice much of Stephen Hill. Whether this is because Kane Cornes does a brilliant job on him or his free running play style is countered by ours, I just haven't seem him perform at his best against us. Take note that this is only of recent memory and the games I have seen - a few years ago, he could ahve been wrecking us :p

For West Coast it seems to be forwards, but I think that has a lot to do with our defense. It's been a while since Cloke has had a good game on us, he's usually pretty bad. We've been keeping Ballantyne relatively quiet too. Even Buddy to some extent doesn't trouble us as much as many other clubs. Of course we have our exceptions (Pav likes playing us).

Another one is Chris Judd. Usually plays pretty poorly against us and Selwood does a great job on him.

Patrick Dangerfield.

Jack Riewoldt barely gets a kick against North, and usually kicks his goals in junk time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For West Coast it seems to be forwards, but I think that has a lot to do with our defense. It's been a while since Cloke has had a good game on us, he's usually pretty bad. We've been keeping Ballantyne relatively quiet too. Even Buddy to some extent doesn't trouble us as much as many other clubs. Of course we have our exceptions (Pav likes playing us).

Kicked one goal in two games against us this year, so perhaps that's changed.

Ryan Crowley

....oh wait, you said "good" footballers. Never mind.

Crowley is a great guy to have conversations with when you're on the pitch though.

Gary Ablett even vouched for him.

Another one is Chris Judd. Usually plays pretty poorly against us and Selwood does a great job on him.

Yes he does...
a67f3954e02d57f71f3b62597f544b354bd92f4bedcd31f77b364ff9dd25fa9e.jpg

For us, I'd say Ablett Jr. Crowls does a pretty good job of tagging him into obscurity.

immediately thought Roughead. I can't recall Dane Swan cutting us up like he has others (except in 2006). I just checked his stats, he still finds the pill against us, but can't remember him having a huge impact on any of our games.

immediately thought Roughead. I can't recall Dane Swan cutting us up like he has others (except in 2006). I just checked his stats, he still finds the pill against us, but can't remember him having a huge impact on any of our games.

That's true. He's only received six votes against Geelong in 18 matches. Lowest of any team, bar GWS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back