Apr 16, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Might as well rename this thread to Gerard Healey comments thread. Seems to be the only Victorian scribe that actually watches and analyses our play, and understands how much impact Nicnat has around contests without stats.

What is surprising is how Gary Lyons has actually swallowed his pride and has adnitted he was wrong about Naitanui and has actually been quite complimentary about the Eagles this season.

Then again we are playing good footy.

And what about Barrett in this weeks Sliding Doors

If
there's one team to this point of 2018 which is must-watch, no matter the time or opposition ...

then
it is this one. Generating pure excitement and energy every weekend. We've bought seat 1A on the bandwagon.

.:)

Last edited:

bombard

Premiership Player
Apr 29, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
What is surprising is how Gary Lyons has actually swallowed his pride and has adnitted he was wrong about Naitanui and has actually been quite complimentary about the Eagles this season.

Then again we are playing good footy.

And what about Barrett in this weeks Sliding Doors

If
there's one team to this point of 2018 which is must-watch, no matter the time or opposition ...

then
it is this one. Generating pure excitement and energy every weekend. We've bought seat 1A on the bandwagon.

.:)

I'm pretty sure Sliding Doors isn't allowed in the Insightful Media Coverage thread. :D

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Might as well rename this thread to Gerard Healey comments thread. Seems to be the only Victorian scribe that actually watches and analyses our play, and understands how much impact Nicnat has around contests without stats.

Definitely, he's been a Nic Nat fan for years now, so far ahead of the curve with that one. Loves shep as well.

I don't know why he seems to love us, but he gets both WA sides quite well.

I honestly want to reach out and say that I appreciate it, but that would involve calling talkback, my god...

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Not really a West Coast article exactly, but I quite enjoyed this Caroline Wilson article about Tony Peek, who I knew little about.

Seems to have been quite supportive of the non-vic clubs and West Coast. He reminds me of the decent, public interest focused public servants that work between governments. Or Varys on GoT, same diff.

And honestly Wilson is quite an enjoyable writer when she gives the polemic a rest .

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/afl/afl-s-unsung-hero-steps-aside-20180525-p4zhgn.html

Jul 26, 2007
Darwin
AFL Club
West Coast
Definitely, he's been a Nic Nat fan for years now, so far ahead of the curve with that one. Loves shep as well.

I don't know why he seems to love us, but he gets both WA sides quite well.

I honestly want to reach out and say that I appreciate it, but that would involve calling talkback, my god...

Reported that Healy has been on the Eagles payroll as a scouting consultant or some such role.

You do not bite the hand that feeds you.;)

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
One from earlier in the week that straddles both ill-informed and insightful...

Re Gaff earlier in the week (in short)...

Carey - Pure Wingman and outside player, not many of those around.

Lloyd - Outside player and not a great fit for Carlton who need more help for Cripps.

Judd - Formerly an outside player that has introduced a contested side to his game this year and gone to the next level.

To me this shows that 1/3 have actually been watching Gaff this year - Judd obviously - Carey and Lloyd repeated established opinions about Gaff, not realising that pigeon holing him as an ‘outside wingman’ is selling short his more rounded game this year.

I just found it interesting that clearly Judd had picked up on that...but the other 2 ran with what they knew before 2018.

Back