ConcreteWaters

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2014
Edinburgh
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
Has anyone on here subscribed to the West since you had to start paying for it? There's much better (free) content out there worth paying for- Mongrel Punt, AFL Deep Dive etc. that there's no point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

caspian

Team Captain
Jan 6, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Is Duffield really that good? He likes us but that certainly doesn’t mean he’s a good writer, or has good insight etc etc

Godfather32

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 13, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Has anyone on here subscribed to the West since you had to start paying for it? There's much better (free) content out there worth paying for- Mongrel Punt, AFL Deep Dive etc. that there's no point.
Don't judge me but I'm at the hospital and there's a paper where I'm sitting.

Attachments

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hap Hapablap

I'm off to Nepal to become a mountain goat.
Jun 27, 2006
Where the cows go bong.
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Lakers,Inter,Man U

Turboman1994

Club Legend
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Tad premature to label shuey better than Fyfe. Fremantle has no help for Fyfe and shuey instantaneously gets tagged and reduced effectiveness imo. However I take shuey for our midfield his breakaway from congestion and skills serve us better than having an absolute bull in Fyfe

Cuzz09

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 21, 2004
Adel - SA - Aust - Earth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Norwood & Liverpool.
Shuey is better than Fyfe because he regularly puts his head over the ball and drags his side over the line in tight finishes. When's the last time Fyfe did that?

Good player, f*cken useless as a leader.
Perfectly said.

Need someone to put up a Shuey GF highlights/after the siren v port

Compared with fyfe doing his hair during a stoppage.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

squashface

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Shuey's not as good as Fyfe - that's a fallacy

He's in better form and I'd argue having a better season. But that is where it ends.

Fyfe is in the argument to be the best player in the game - Shuey isn't.

Just because we are a better team, doesn't make all of our players (or the supporters) genius.
I refuse to label a player who is one of the worst kicks of the football in the competition as the best player in the game.

Fyfe is a bull and an absolute beast in the contest but kicking is the fundamental skill of the sport.

woosha24

Premium Platinum
Apr 5, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Shuey's not as good as Fyfe - that's a fallacy

He's in better form and I'd argue having a better season. But that is where it ends.

Fyfe is in the argument to be the best player in the game - Shuey isn't.

Just because we are a better team, doesn't make all of our players (or the supporters) genius.
Im sorry but I keep seeing this argument being made and I just don't agree with it.

Where does all this "Fyfe is the best player in the game" stuff keeping coming from? A couple of years ago I would have agreed with you, but after breaking his leg Fyfe has gone MASSIVELY downhill.

Good in the air, cant kick for sh*t. Perpetually named in Freo's top contributors because the rest of the team are so sh*t.

Serious question: how would Fyfe today break into our midfield? I could see him replacing Masten or Redden, but that's about it.

Is Fyfe a good player? Unquestionably yes. Best player running around today? No way.

equiv_clearly

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2013
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle

It's paywalled though and I'm sure as s**t not going to pay a sub for unless the The West drastically improves it's journalism. It's a shame because I usually really like Duffield, and think he's one of the better AFL journos in the country.
I agree, he's pretty measured and isn't a players' sycophant like most football journalists.

Honestly, I wish they charged 10 years ago and funnelled the money into more quality journalism. The fact that The West is now in bed with Murdoch is revolting.

On a side note, it cracks me up when Dockers supporters go on about 'The West Eagle' or whatever they call it. I don't think there is a single Eagles supporter at the paper.

Top Bottom