Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Congrats guys. Great win - have just posted our game review up on The Mongrel Punt.

Hope you enjoy.

https://themongrelpunt.com/afl/2018/9/9/qf-west-coast-v-collingwood-the-good-bad-and-ugly

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

This was buried to an extent in one of the other threads but it deserves a spot here. Do yourselves a favour and have a read. If only mainstream media could come even close to producing a well thought out, thoroughly unbiased analysis of a game

I especially liked this bit

"Now, I might get a little excited writing this, as I got swept up in the emotion. Stick with me. You could feel it jumping through the TV – there was this wall of noise from the Eagles supporters at the ground, like a wave rolling in, which gave West Coast momentum they had no right to have."

Ain't gonna lie that gave me goosebumps not least because it's such a rarity to read the eagles crowd described in a positive manner

Well done, great write up

This was buried to an extent in one of the other threads but it deserves a spot here. Do yourselves a favour and have a read. If only mainstream media could come even close to producing a well thought out, thoroughly unbiased analysis of a game

"Now, I might get a little excited writing this, as I got swept up in the emotion. Stick with me. You could feel it jumping through the TV – there was this wall of noise from the Eagles supporters at the ground, like a wave rolling in, which gave West Coast momentum they had no right to have."

Ain't gonna lie that gave me goosebumps not least because it's such a rarity to read the eagles crowd described in a positive manner

Always a good read.

Top work again The Mongrel Punt

Awesome write up. They make a very good point re Hutch. Why wasn't he applying a hard tag to Sidebottom when he was carving us up? It's not as if he's a huge weapon around the ground himself. I'd really like him to go to Oliver or Brayshaw in 2 weeks time. A hard tagger is certainly his best role in our side, and in finals you'd think even more important than the season regular.

Good review but I don't understand why people keep bringing up the Kennedy mark as if it had any impact on the game whatsoever, he missed the goal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As usual, an amusing wrap up from Titus O'Reily.

West Coast (86) v Collingwood (70)

In the one good game of the weekend, the Pies and the Eagles gave us everything you could want in a final, momentum swings, multiple lead changes, high pressure and Collingwood losing in heart breaking fashion.

The Eagles got off to a flying start, but the Pies have shown all year that they annoyingly never give up.

Collingwood’s run was insane, and the Eagles were on the back foot for long periods of the game.

The Eagles hung in there though, having to overcome an equal free kick count of 23-23, which had the crowd booing at the unfairness of it all.

As the Pies tired, the Eagles started to run over the top of them, and you could sense the pressure as Channel Seven kept showing Eddie McGuire losing his mind in a manner that would normally result in people texting that number to report anti-social behaviour.

As West Coast went ahead, there was an air of inevitably about it, as the home crowd cheered on the Eagles.

The final quarter was mainly dominated by the Eagles intercepting the Pies and then scoring on them, making the loss sting all the more.

The Pies must now face the Giants at the MCG. If they lose that, Eddie will be trying to have the Giants kicked out of the competition before Buckley hosts his post-match media conference.

View attachment 559642
Just why would Perth media do this when the coverage has been so one sided. I know he's a Saints supporter and a dh but still, why?

So people can have a whinge /rage about it.

Having Joe Bloggs, an Eagles supporter won't get any reaction TBH.

One thing that does piss me off though, is that I can put up/accept biased commentary
when we play interstate, but we get it when we play at home as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back