Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Has anyone on here subscribed to the West since you had to start paying for it? There's much better (free) content out there worth paying for- Mongrel Punt, AFL Deep Dive etc. that there's no point.

Is Duffield really that good? He likes us but that certainly doesn’t mean he’s a good writer, or has good insight etc etc

Has anyone on here subscribed to the West since you had to start paying for it? There's much better (free) content out there worth paying for- Mongrel Punt, AFL Deep Dive etc. that there's no point.
Don't judge me but I'm at the hospital and there's a paper where I'm sitting.

Attachments

• IMG20190710072900.jpg
    IMG20190710072900.jpg
    266 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG20190710072834.jpg
    IMG20190710072834.jpg
    387.9 KB · Views: 162

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Here's the link.

The mods can delete it if necessary.

You don't have to register or log in. Under the library card box, just use an 8 digit number.
I used 41111111 and it worked fine.

0df1e56268a995541e6de6e61aaa02a6.jpg

Tad premature to label shuey better than Fyfe. Fremantle has no help for Fyfe and shuey instantaneously gets tagged and reduced effectiveness imo. However I take shuey for our midfield his breakaway from congestion and skills serve us better than having an absolute bull in Fyfe

Shuey is better than Fyfe because he regularly puts his head over the ball and drags his side over the line in tight finishes. When's the last time Fyfe did that?

Good player, f*cken useless as a leader.
Perfectly said.

Need someone to put up a Shuey GF highlights/after the siren v port

Compared with fyfe doing his hair during a stoppage.

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Shuey's not as good as Fyfe - that's a fallacy

He's in better form and I'd argue having a better season. But that is where it ends.

Fyfe is in the argument to be the best player in the game - Shuey isn't.

Just because we are a better team, doesn't make all of our players (or the supporters) genius.

He's in better form and I'd argue having a better season. But that is where it ends.

Just because we are a better team, doesn't make all of our players (or the supporters) genius.
I refuse to label a player who is one of the worst kicks of the football in the competition as the best player in the game.

Fyfe is a bull and an absolute beast in the contest but kicking is the fundamental skill of the sport.

Im sorry but I keep seeing this argument being made and I just don't agree with it.

Where does all this "Fyfe is the best player in the game" stuff keeping coming from? A couple of years ago I would have agreed with you, but after breaking his leg Fyfe has gone MASSIVELY downhill.

Good in the air, cant kick for sh*t. Perpetually named in Freo's top contributors because the rest of the team are so sh*t.

Serious question: how would Fyfe today break into our midfield? I could see him replacing Masten or Redden, but that's about it.

Is Fyfe a good player? Unquestionably yes. Best player running around today? No way.

It's paywalled though and I'm sure as s**t not going to pay a sub for unless the The West drastically improves it's journalism. It's a shame because I usually really like Duffield, and think he's one of the better AFL journos in the country.

I agree, he's pretty measured and isn't a players' sycophant like most football journalists.

Honestly, I wish they charged 10 years ago and funnelled the money into more quality journalism. The fact that The West is now in bed with Murdoch is revolting.

On a side note, it cracks me up when Dockers supporters go on about 'The West Eagle' or whatever they call it. I don't think there is a single Eagles supporter at the paper.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back