Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

The Western Australian has reported that the Eagles have polietly asked that they be not given any thursday night games.
Good story would recommended
They will still give us one and then for our cheek give us Queensland and Tasmania away games in a three week period.

The Western Australian has reported that the Eagles have polietly asked that they be not given any thursday night games.
Good story would recommended
Preferably lots of day games too. There was a bit of dislike about the 2018 fixture when it was first released due to the Sunday arvo games.. but I reckon after watching this years games I preferred last years fixture times. Nothing like a nice sunny day at Optus, couldn’t really care less what day of the weekend it’s on. Plays into our hands tactically too, obviously suits the kick mark but we also get to bring the Vics over here and bake them in the sun.

When are we going to talk about the stadium surface.

I reckon it had a bit part in our injuries and fatigue for the year.

What's been happening to fix it???

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Me too. Am I right in my recollections that a very young B Cousins was hard tagged by Libratore Snr and had scratches all over him after the game?
I know others have disagreed, I feel like there was a similar match v the bulldogs before cousins had the number 9 and he was scragged by libba. Crowd booed libba every time he went near it. I was only young at the time but remember that as the same match at the WACA where McKenna was Captain and called for a head count.
If it was a different match where we came back, I remember bashing on the signs at the non scoring end and telling my dad that if the dogs could score 8 goals in a quarter then we could too. Felt very smug at half time :)

Me too. Am I right in my recollections that a very young B Cousins was hard tagged by Libratore Snr and had scratches all over him after the game?

At the risk of being hit with the (infamous) catchcry... 😛, you are a year out in your recollection here good sir.

The Liberatore Snr v Cousins duel was also a Friday night match at the WACA, but a year earlier (1997). A frustrating home defeat. We then played the Dogs in the final H&A match at the Western Oval ****hole in Round 21 that year. Another loss.

Hence why the 1998 Friday night comeback game was so sweet. Unfortunately we got crushed in the Qualifying Final that year (bounced out after finishing 7th), but the following year, one of my favourite memories, the 1999 QF when revenge was delivered :)

The late nineties... An interesting time to come of age and really get into footy as a young boy. West Coast was life. There was many tears and tantrums when we lost 😂

Last edited:
Preferably lots of day games too. There was a bit of dislike about the 2018 fixture when it was first released due to the Sunday arvo games.. but I reckon after watching this years games I preferred last years fixture times. Nothing like a nice sunny day at Optus, couldn’t really care less what day of the weekend it’s on. Plays into our hands tactically too, obviously suits the kick mark but we also get to bring the Vics over here and bake them in the sun.
Don't mind the night games early in the season as it's still pretty warm here in Perth up until about Easter. We had an incredible amount of night games in 2019 compared to the norm so a bit of balance is required IMO. In saying that however it must be difficult with all teams putting in their preferences - can't please them all! Don't like Thursday or Friday night games much as trying to compete with people returning home from work is a bit of a nightmare.

The Bulldogs were far and away my most hated team in the 90s, beginning with Southern almost killing Sumich, and including all of Libba's bullshit.

That 1999 final was one of the best games of the Malthouse era.

I was probably one of the few going for Sydney in 2016. fu** Footscray.

Nah was with you. Didn't buy into the fairytale and thought Sydney got a rough deal in the GF too.

No he is just a very homesick boy!

Seriously though I hope the addition of Kelly and a fit Nic Nat finally lets our midfield be more offensive then previously. We look so good when we take the game on and back ourselves. Be nice to be tagged rather then be the tagger.

Last edited:
At the risk of being hit with the (infamous) catchcry... 😛, you are a year out in your recollection here good sir.

The Liberatore Snr v Cousins duel was also a Friday night match at the WACA, but a year earlier (1997). A frustrating home defeat. We then played the Dogs in the final H&A match at the Western Oval ****hole in Round 21 that year. Another loss.

Hence why the 1998 Friday night comeback game was so sweet. Unfortunately we got crushed in the Qualifying Final that year (bounced out after finishing 7th), but the following year, one of my favourite memories, the 1999 QF when revenge was delivered :)

The late nineties... An interesting time to come of age and really get into footy as a young boy. West Coast was life. There was many tears and tantrums when we lost 😂
Maybe I should have f****** asked you!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back