Nuke Fremantle

Premiership Player
Mar 26, 2007
Dullsville
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
Harry Edwards is 4 years away at least from having a spot in the team with out injury

I can't see Gov or TB being ousted any time soon - as such he remains depth.

O rly? I think Barrass' form has been bi-polar since the end of 2018. You can maybe tolerate inconsistency from a small forward but not from a FB, it's too costly. If he continues this way for the rest season then as far as I'm concerned the position is up for grabs Round 1 2021 and it'll come down to who impresses the most over summer.

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
O rly? I think Barrass' form has been bi-polar since the end of 2018. You can maybe tolerate inconsistency from a small forward but not from a FB, it's too costly. If he continues this way for the rest season then as far as I'm concerned the position is up for grabs Round 1 2021 and it'll come down to who impresses the most over summer.
You make a fair and troubling point

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
So Vic Corona numbers are coming down.

Wouldnt be surprised if the MCG GF is still on the table just as a 1 off game in Vic to end the season.

Its nice timing for Richmond

On SM-G925I using BigFooty.com mobile app

I live in Victoria, and whilst it may not be the sentiment from a few idiots (rallying to exercise their 'rights') I think most over here realise we are a long, long way off restrictions easing (even to stage 3, let alone stages 2 and 1 which would be required in about 7 weeks if we were to have a MCG grand final).

The current 80 cases will likely be around 40 on the weekend or early next week. Then 20 the following week. Basically we would need another 2-3 weeks of stage 4 to get into single figures.

From there (assuming everything goes perfectly), we would be looking at 4-6 weeks of stage 3, then who knows how long of stage 2.

MCG with a crowd is not happening. Maybe Melbourne Cup with separated crowd 'platforms' is possible, and possibly limited crowds at the Australian open (assuming players can even get here with limited flights etc) - but no way the AFL grand final is in Victoria in 2020 IMO.

Aug 27, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Royals & Subi

It's hard to know how much Edwards will improve in the next few years but he's got the tools to play games.

Mulldogg

Premiership Player
Apr 22, 2011
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool FC

Not the media but insightful nonetheless.

Pretty distasteful from Fox Footy to show Cale Hooker getting towelled up by Jonathon Brown in his third career game and then giving it the T-1000 in vain trying to catch Buddy.

Always thought Buckley was a massive campaigner from his playing days but he genuinely seems like a pretty decent and thoughtful bloke.

Yippy Yi Yeo

Premiership Player
Jul 10, 2015
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Not the media but insightful nonetheless.

Pretty distasteful from Fox Footy to show Cale Hooker getting towelled up by Jonathon Brown in his third career game and then giving it the T-1000 in vain trying to catch Buddy.

Always thought Buckley was a massive campaigner from his playing days but he genuinely seems like a pretty decent and thoughtful bloke.

Agreed, nothing but respect for Buckley over the last few years. Definitely poor form by fox the other day, thought it was quite distasteful.

Sep 7, 2009
Bull Creek WA
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Real Madrid, Man City, GS Warriors

An interesting read

An interesting read

I'd rather have Naitanui shortened to Nat than Hawkins turned into Porkins!

ziad

Brownlow Medallist
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Numbers aint down that far!
They are well down in comparitive terms but the place is in absolute lockdown. Premier dumpy is talking about nothing opening until the rate is almost zero (He quoted 5 where Sydney is 5-10 and has been for a while). But the pressure is mounting.
You can put a line through the MCG.

southcoast

Premiership Player
Sep 25, 2006
southcoast
AFL Club
West Coast
Not sure if many people caught this article in yesterday’s West.

Unloads on the bloated fat AFL house
IMG_1754.JPG

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

DanielKerr4

Team Captain
Aug 18, 2003
Mornington Peninsula
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Burnley FC
We just had a nice little segment on First Crack with Kingy, Montagna and Kat (I think that’s her name, apologies). Those with Kayo should be able to watch.

Spoke about whether we should rest Nic and Jjk as it’s a dead rubber. Also some great vision of clever knock ons we did against Saints. We are number 1 in the league for knock ons. That shocked me

Dec 18, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
We just had a nice little segment on First Crack with Kingy, Montagna and Kat (I think that’s her name, apologies). Those with Kayo should be able to watch.

Spoke about whether we should rest Nic and Jjk as it’s a dead rubber. Also some great vision of clever knock ons we did against Saints. We are number 1 in the league for knock ons. That shocked me
That actually doesn't shock me. I didn't know it to be true but have always thought we had been the best this year. Even our best players do it, sometimes it is annoying, like when Gov tried it in the backline last week instead of taking possession. But when the ball is low on the ground, our midfielders use it very effectively to clear congestion to a player who holds their width.

Ainsworth, Sheed, Shuey, Redden and Kelly all use it a lot.

KERRPOW

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 28, 2008
in a town near you
AFL Club
West Coast

I noticed it alot but didnt realised we were no.1 for it.

Interestingly we are 3rd/13th for scores from our defensive/forward half respectively against top 8 sides. The way i read that is the ball comes out of our F50 way too easily so our defense cant set up.

Back