Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

According to a Roar Online article “5 players your team can not afford to lose”

Link https://apple.news/AKSLIWcI-Rva2svQ4cIVTPg

For West Coast we have, in order (5 to 1) Sheppard, Gaff, McGovern, Ryan & Naitanui.

2018, cough, 2018, cough.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Lol Witherden as the honourable mention.
For me it's our best mids that are the most crucial to our ability to win a flag.
My top 5 are Yeo, Shuey, Gov, Ryan, Naitanui.
Then the honourable mention is Kelly, esp if Yeo misses a significant amount of the season. Gaff and Shep are replaceable no matter how good they are. NN is more important now since we don't have Lycett like we did in 2018.

Lol Witherden as the honourable mention.
For me it's our best mids that are the most crucial to our ability to win a flag.
My top 5 are Yeo, Shuey, Gov, Ryan, Naitanui.
Then the honourable mention is Kelly, esp if Yeo misses a significant amount of the season. Gaff and Shep are replaceable no matter how good they are. NN is more important now since we don't have Lycett like we did in 2018.
Yeah agree with this. I feel like our depth is good enough to replace anyone on the ground apart from our midfield and ruck which is why it’s concerning that Yeo is still injured. He’s up there with Nic as our most important player imo.

According to a Roar Online article “5 players your team can not afford to lose”

Link https://apple.news/AKSLIWcI-Rva2svQ4cIVTPg

For West Coast we have, in order (5 to 1) Sheppard, Gaff, McGovern, Ryan & Naitanui.

2018, cough, 2018, cough.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
5. Brad Sheppard
He was named in the back pocket of the All Australian team in 2020. Expect him to replicate the form in 2021. He’s moved on from being an average player to one the Eagles could least afford to lose.
Really? moved on from being an average player, Ummm how many years ago? This makes it sound like he was average up until last year.

5. Brad Sheppard
He was named in the back pocket of the All Australian team in 2020. Expect him to replicate the form in 2021. He’s moved on from being an average player to one the Eagles could least afford to lose.
Really? moved on from being an average player, Ummm how many years ago? This makes it sound like he was average up until last year.

Was named our player of the finals in 2015 when we made it to the grand final...

Yeah agree with this. I feel like our depth is good enough to replace anyone on the ground apart from our midfield and ruck which is why it’s concerning that Yeo is still injured. He’s up there with Nic as our most important player imo.
Mostly because he’s the only one with any grunt. Equal avg tackles per game than Redden, Sheed and Gaff combined, basically. Just takes a quieter game from Shuey and suddenly it’s up to Kelly to do the ball winning and the bullocking work.

IMO purely as an onballer Yeo isn’t an amazing player, objectively speaking - he’s a solid 8.5/10 - but his value is amplified in the context of the rest of our mids

How is is the roar article here? I barely read that anymore. Isn't it written by fans?

G'day gang!

I head up production for Dylan Buckley's Dyl and Friends podcast/vodcast, and this week's guest is a must see.

In all honesty, he needs no introduction.

Judd. 7pm Youtube Premiere. Enjoy! 😍

G'day gang!

I head up production for Dylan Buckley's Dyl and Friends podcast/vodcast, and this week's guest is a must see.

In all honesty, he needs no introduction.

Judd. 7pm Youtube Premiere. Enjoy! 😍

You mean the tradebait spud we used to lure JK & Masto home?

Forward line rated (by McGuane) 4th behind Geelong, Richmond and Port.
Freo ranked 16th.

4. West Coast
The top liners: Liam Ryan (18, 78), Jack Darling (18, 82), Josh Kennedy (17, 66), Oscar Allen (15, 77), Jamie Cripps (14, 73), Jake Waterman (10, 59), Brendon Ah Chee (16, 57), Zac Langdon (7, 43)

The top-ups: Jack Petruccelle (6, 35), Jarrod Cameron (5, 29), Nic Reid (3, 37), Jamaine Jones (2, 48)

McGuane says: Any group that has Josh Kennedy, Liam Ryan, Jack Darling, Oscar Allen, Jake Waterman and Jamie Cripps complimented by a resting midfielder like Luke Shuey or an Elliot Yeo is always a threat. This group has played a lot together. They understand each other’s leading patterns. Ryan is quickly becoming a crowd favourite. He is a “jumper” at the footy and brings excitement when the ball approaches his area. The other important aspect is that when they do win the ball they are in high-percentage areas to hit the scoreboard. They are a forward line that gives themselves every opportunity to convert from marking situations. The Eagles kicked 91.45 from marks this year and from set shots returned 118.59. Their conversion says a lot about where they win the footy in their F50. The players have an understanding of where the space is, but are really selfless knowing another teammate owns that space, so they refrain from going into it. There is nothing worse seeing 2-3 players from the same forward line going to the same space and jumping for the footy. All they do is create a pack and invariably make it easy for the defenders. Dumb players do that. Spatial awareness is a crucial element of successful forward lines.

I’ll go out on a limb and say that Liam Ryan is already a crowd favourite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McGuane's article so well researched that a player delisted two months ago is quoted within it...

Ryan is quickly becoming a crowd favourite. He is a “jumper” at the footy and brings excitement when the ball approaches his area.

Here we go again. Media flogs still thinking that Ryan does nothing else other than jump for marks - completely misses that he was recently named in the All-Australian team and was statistically the most complete non-key forward in the competition in 2020.

Lazy writing and is suggestive that he didn't actually watch any Eagles matches during the second half of the season.

Some insightful media coverage on a different tangent...? Cripps+Gov mentioned also..
I don't know where he was getting his financial advice from but he paid well over market value at the time for this property as well as paying overs for his current residence in Mt Lawley.

No. 2. The flick pass was used, primarily, by players who couldn't handball with their opposite hand.

I cannot see why you would want to reintroduce it.

No. 10. Only one player should be able to tackle the ball carrier. If a second player tackles or in the case of the carrier's team mate, comes in to "hug" the group as sometimes happens, then a kick is rewarded against the "third in". If there is only one tackler then there is no excuse for the carrier not to attempt to dispose of the ball.
100%

Some tackles end up with packs with players from both teams. Means people are tackling people without the ball

Remove this Banner Ad

Back