Insightful Media Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

Everyone needs to give Backchat 2.0 a listen this week.
Schoey with no filter is so good.

No surprise with his top 3 flog list - Riewoldt, Fyfe, Vickery.
No Oliver? Im shocked to be flopping here!

Make of it what you will.

AFL 2021: Champion Data reveals the players with the biggest drop off in ranking points for each club this season
Some have been dropped, and others are very close. There are also a number of big surprises. Champion Data stats reveal your club’s worst performers in 2021.

WEST COAST
Liam Ryan 78.3, 54.7 -30%

Jackson Nelson 72.0, 53.1 -26%

Brad Sheppard 89.9, 70.5 -22%

He might be a high-flyer, but exciting forward Liam Ryan’s player ranking has been the largest fall in the Eagles line-up this year according to Champion Data. Ryan played the opening four games of the season before he was sidelined with a stress reaction in his shin before returning in Round 10 against GWS. He kicked 26 goals last season and has six so far in his five games in 2021. Jackson Nelson (down 26 per cent) and Brad Sheppard (down 22 per cent) also suffered ranking slides.

Make of it what you will.

AFL 2021: Champion Data reveals the players with the biggest drop off in ranking points for each club this season
Some have been dropped, and others are very close. There are also a number of big surprises. Champion Data stats reveal your club’s worst performers in 2021.

WEST COAST
Liam Ryan 78.3, 54.7 -30%

Jackson Nelson 72.0, 53.1 -26%

Brad Sheppard 89.9, 70.5 -22%

He might be a high-flyer, but exciting forward Liam Ryan’s player ranking has been the largest fall in the Eagles line-up this year according to Champion Data. Ryan played the opening four games of the season before he was sidelined with a stress reaction in his shin before returning in Round 10 against GWS. He kicked 26 goals last season and has six so far in his five games in 2021. Jackson Nelson (down 26 per cent) and Brad Sheppard (down 22 per cent) also suffered ranking slides.

Eh Ryan was injured so no suprise with his output.

Shep for me has started to show a little decline.

Eh Ryan was injured so no suprise with his output.

Shep for me has started to show a little decline.

Shepps role has changed a bit with fatty Gov and TB being injured I reckon. We haven't had much back 6 continuity. Shepp was chopping last year with lots of rebounding play, and this year he has had to go more accountable and steer the ship more.

Doesn't do much wrong, still don't like him trying to handball.

The pre match for coll geel with about 40-45 mins before bounce down i think had derm? Im at work was on in background saying last night doggies v melb was full of throws. "Well we have to throw to an add break" not sure whether to applaud bringing it up or get the pitchforks out for not discussing it and steering away with a joke 😢

Good to finally get some love from the HS.

2. Gutsy Eagles

Missing Kelly, McGovern, Shuey, Kennedy, Allen and Duggan and, beforehand, probably wearing sick bags on the plane because they hate travelling, the Eagles planted a flag at the SCG on Sunday. They needed to revitalise their season. They can tease, the Eagles, but it was a cracking win against Carlton. They won contested ball by 25 against a midfield which was missing no-one and won clearances by 13. It was heroic for them as it was embarrassing for the Blues. Would not be surprised if coach Adam Simpson labelled it the best win of the season. They were on song early, kicking two goals in four minutes as they waltzed through the Carlton midfield.
Gee, it’s great to have Flyin’ Ryan fit and firing.

Good to finally get some love from the HS.

2. Gutsy Eagles

Missing Kelly, McGovern, Shuey, Kennedy, Allen and Duggan and, beforehand, probably wearing sick bags on the plane because they hate travelling, the Eagles planted a flag at the SCG on Sunday. They needed to revitalise their season. They can tease, the Eagles, but it was a cracking win against Carlton. They won contested ball by 25 against a midfield which was missing no-one and won clearances by 13. It was heroic for them as it was embarrassing for the Blues. Would not be surprised if coach Adam Simpson labelled it the best win of the season. They were on song early, kicking two goals in four minutes as they waltzed through the Carlton midfield.
Gee, it’s great to have Flyin’ Ryan fit and firing.
List of outs didn’t include Brander, Witherden and Ah Chee

Couldn’t help a hate travelling jibe that was unnecessary

The HS can get ****ed

Yeah get stuffed. Without even researching, I’d guess our away form is on par with most teams over the last few years. Just because we were the guinea pigs for hubs last year and didn’t cope well with it, and requested an end date, to then be reminded all year and beyond that we whinged and had a sook about it is wrong. Teams flat out refused to hub this year for that exact reason (no end date) and everyone agrees and says it’s fine?? Typical Vicco rubbish. I know its been said since our inception, but take any Victorian team and get them travel every second week, and see how they go. They’ll never understand and always play it down.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Max Gawn shapes to most observers as the logical first ruck. In my view, he’s clearly second to the freakish Nic Naitanui....
There are lies, damned lies and statistics, as Mark Twain put it (Twain could have been watching Collingwood kick backwards), and then’s there’s numbers that tell a truth, such as this one: West Coast is plus 45 when Naitanui is at centre bounces (up to round 11) and minus 23 when he’s not. He’s the mask that conceals midfield mediocrity at West Coast this year."
https://www.theage.com.au/sport/afl/comebacks-new-blood-and-demons-galore-in-all-australian-mid-year-team-20210605-p57ye0.html?fbclid=IwAR2L3EuL9lLizz5Yrwq94Ff77gLIbzXgHmbi_NNjBZv0eGGp6keEDClfZ8Q

I particularly like the last line.

I particularly enjoyed Oscar Allen referring to the Eagles as "clearly the premier football club in this state" (paraphrase) on Coast to Coast this week. If I was drinking when he said it I would've spat it out before applauding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back