Competition Inter-Aussie Football Cup 2020/21 Hub

Welcome to the inaugural
Inter-Aussie-Football-Cup-Header.png

Originally proposed as a competition for giving randomly generated Australian suburbs a new team to enter the AFL in 2021. With potential complications with other leagues eg. NAFL, this has become an international cup in an attempt to prevent design/location coincidences. The idea is to make a design that's worth competing in a league for it might be the one that represents the chosen team when the knockouts start
Here you'll find updates on the winners entries, team list and eventually the knockout cup + draw

IAFC-Team-List-24-Complete.png

Random generators used
Coin Toss: https://www.google.com/search?q=flip+a+coin
Australian Location: https://www.bestrandoms.com/random-address-in-au
International Location: https://www.randomlists.com/random-world-cities?dup=false&qty=1
Colour set generator: https://commentpicker.com/random-color-generator.php

IAFC-Team-Map-24-teams-COMPLETE.png

Last edited:
Knockout Draw + Bracket
Last edited:
Week 1 - Albury

Albury Lightning FC - The Victorian
1592527726474.png

Week 2 - Tijuana, Mexico

Tijuana Sunrise - just_kick_it
tj sunrise pres upload.png

Week 3 - Kampala, Uganda

Kampala Cranes FC - cannavo
Kampala-Cranes-IAFC-Entry.png

Week 4 - London, United Kingdom

London Brits AFC - The Victorian
1594637270653.png

Week 5 - Shanghai, China

Shanghai Pearls - Teen Wolf
ShanghaiPearls.png

Week 6 - Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

Rio De Janeiro Conquistadors - fancyscum
Rio.png

1 more letter revealed in second post!

Week 7 - Launcestion, Tasmania

Launceston Thylacines - SunsphereParker
Launceston Thylacines Final.jpg

1 more letter revealed in second post!

Week 8 - Armidale, NSW

Armidale Warriors - cannavo
Armidale-IAFC-Entry.png

1 more letter revealed in the 2nd post!

Last edited:
Week 9 - Hyderabad, Pakistan

Hyderabad Markhors - fancyscum
Hyderabad.png

Week 10 - Mildura, VIC

Mildura Venom - SunsphereParker
Mildura Venom Ultimate Final.jpg

Week 12 - Dubbo, NSW

Dubbo Diamonds - cannavo
Dubbo-IAFC-Entry.png

Week 13 - Bolivar, SA

Bolivar Blues - cannavo
Bolivar-IAFC-Entry.png

Comp Revamp
Comp Revamp
Thanks to those who gave input

Still keeping the 5-2 turnaround, comps will start on Wednesdays (allowing those who have time on weekends a chance to enter) and polls will be done on the Monday

Next week, we'll start generating 10 colours removing the colour limit. There is a new generator that produces truly random colours and not a complementary pastel palette like the early weeks of this comp: https://commentpicker.com/random-color-generator.php

Also to make less of a strain on designing, you can submit just a home jumper, of course you can still design the usual home and away if you so desire

Summary
  1. Competitions will now run Wednesday - Sunday
  2. Polls will now start Monday
  3. 10 colours to be generated
    1. No more colour amount limits
  4. Bare minimum for an entry - Front of Home jumper
    1. Up to 2 or 3 kits & logos are optional

SunsphereParker

Senior List
Jul 30, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
I think the changes are a good idea mate.
I personally really liked the restricted nature of the colour palette. It usually was a pretty duff offering that came up, but I think it made the entries submitted seem all the more impressive, how a seemingly bad colour set could be built and worked around into a genuinely cool club identity, that would never be imagined otherwise (this week is a good example). I always found it interesting to see the different ways in which the colours would be interpreted; never did any two submissions look remotely similar in the slightest. But I do think a bigger turn-out in submissions and voting is a trump card.
I don't have any experience in graphic design (other than paint as a kid), and I signed up to Big Footy/got a subscription to Illustrator to enter into this comp tbh, for something to do during lockdown (lurked for a couple of months before). I feel like I learn a new skill/discover something new with each week, what with the fast paced 5-2 turnaround and the restricted "brief", in a way that I probably wouldn't otherwise with the longer competitions.

tl;dr: I hope the changes generate more interest for what is a fun competition to enter.

I don't have any experience in graphic design (other than paint as a kid), and I signed up to Big Footy/got a subscription to Illustrator to enter into this comp tbh, for something to do during lockdown (lurked for a couple of months before). I feel like I learn a new skill/discover something new with each week, what with the fast paced 5-2 turnaround and the restricted "brief", in a way that I probably wouldn't otherwise with the longer competitions.
This is really surprising to me, your stuff certainly doesn't come across as someone with little experience with Illustrator/graphic design in general. Keep up the great work, can't wait to see the designs you can put together in the future!

SunsphereParker

Senior List
Jul 30, 2020
AFL Club
Gold Coast
This is really surprising to me, your stuff certainly doesn't come across as someone with little experience with Illustrator/graphic design in general. Keep up the great work, can't wait to see the designs you can put together in the future!
Thanks man!

Week 14 - Melton West, VIC

Melton Wests - SunsphereParker
Melton Wests.jpg

1 more letter revealed in 2nd post!

Week 15 - Montevideo, Uruguay

CF Montevideo - fancyscum
Montevideo.png

Week 16 - Millner, NT

Millner Bengals - fancyscum
Millner.png

Week 17 - Bangkok, Thailand

Bangkok Monarchs - SunsphereParker
Bangkok Monarchs4.jpg

Turnaround system revision
Starting 2/11, a new turnaround system will be implemented where designers will be given the whole week to design and by using the previous polls winning numbers, the new competition will run alongside the poll too. The graphic should explain things better

IAFC-New-Structure.png

Back