Yes. I am.
- Aug 4, 2012
- AFL Club
- Other Teams
Since this is the 5th straight international side. Next week will be AustralianBackground
Originally proposed as a competition for giving randomly generated Australian suburbs a new team to enter the AFL in 2021
With potential complications with other leagues eg. NAFL, this has become an international cup in an attempt to prevent design/location coincidences.
The idea is to make a design that's worth competing in a league for it might be the one that represents the chosen team when the knockouts start
In short, this is a normal weekly competition that will turn into a knockout cup at the end.
With the help of random generators, each week a completely random location in Australia or the world will be given a spot in the IAFC
They will be given a random set of colours (depending on the random generators) and you job is to give that place kits to compete in
No video today. Screen capture program playing up
New added process to colours
The colours will be generated the X amount of times, then the first colour gets locked and the process is done again, locking the second colour and so on
Also 3 more numbers will be generated to the palette adjuster (-100 to 100 for Hue, -50 to 50 for Saturation and Brightness)
Generated Place and Colours
Rio De Janeiro, Brazil
Persian Plum & Lime Green
Rules (Updated 20/7/20 5:15PM) New rules underlined
- Entries must consist of a Home jumper and Clash jumper
- Maximum of 3 kits is allowed (eg. Home, away, clash or Home, Clash, Heritage etc.)
- Just the front of the jumpers is acceptable
- Shorts and Socks are optional
- Entries must include the provided League logo. (Click for full res)
Note: The league logo may have a stroke but the colours are not to be altered, to keep an even look
- At least 2 of the generated colours must be used for the Home jumper
- Any of the generated colours can be the main colour or colours
- The clash can go in whatever direction you please, EG. You can use colours not in the palette
- They can be used minimally too if you like EG. You can have a predominant colour that's not in the palette with 2 colours from the palette
- Team names are chosen by the designer
- AFL team nicknames are allowed but it is encouraged that you use a completely new name
- Logos are optional but highly encouraged to round out the club’s identity
- You can create one by editing a pre-made logo (even if ripped straight from Google images) or creating one from scratch.
- Directly editing an AFL team’s logo is not allowed
- You cannot copy any past/present designs from the current AFL clubs
- Eg. Your team can have the same stripes arrangement as North Melbourne, but the colours cannot be the same
- Taking and changing elements are allowed
- Type in 4 random numbers between 1-20 under your entry so that there's no need to follow you up if you win the poll
- Maximum 2 Entries
- Any other questions, please ask
After a 5 days, the entries will be polled against each other for 2 days and the winner will see their entry take their place in the knockout cup after 32 teams have been made. There will be 16 Australian teams and 16 international teams. Once one side reaches 16 teams, the coin toss will no longer be needed. Users can have an unlimited amount of teams. Hope this will push others into competing!