Rules Interchange infringement wins Sydney the game

Remove this Banner Ad

Clearly Veer Right did. Good observation. Explains his blind rage. But what sort of fool would of taken taken such appauling odds you would of got for Sydney -8.5? Would of been like $1.005

You seem pretty flustered by the result, assuming you did?

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
It was dumb, it is what it is.

More annoyed with the questionable umpiring during the course of the game to be honest.

We're still bad enough to not tank either.

Will footy fans ever stop blaming umpiring when they lose, yet attribute wins to the wonderful skills of their club's players? I don't think so.

AFL is the most subjective sport to umpire on the planet. There are hundreds of decisions in a game that will be interpreted differently by different people, particularly if your club is on the end contentious ones. But the umps adjudicate as they see it at the time, not based on the colours of the teams.

Will footy fans ever stop blaming umpiring when they lose, yet attribute wins to the wonderful skills of their club's players? I don't think so.

AFL is the most subjective sport to umpire on the planet. There are hundreds of decisions in a game that will be interpreted differently by different people, particularly if your club is on the end contentious ones. But the umps adjudicate as they see it at the time, not based on the colours of the teams.

The thread is about an officiating issue, simply made a comment the one in the OP was incorrect or as bad as majority of the day. Didn't blame the umpiring or the interchange penalty for the loss. Never suggested there was anything sinister by the umpires either.

Media hasn't spoken much about our injuries this year and certainly hardly any yesterday I'm more postive than negative about yesterday that our youth almost got the job done. Poor skills cost us.

It is possible to not blame umpiring on outcomes but still be critical.

Exactly.

I’m not sure of why all the uproar and controversy.

The rule was clear, the club stuffed up, it’s likely to not happen again. Why the uproar, even from neutrals?
It didn't even cost us the game either, really. We did have a chance to win it afterward.

To formulate and execute a plan that well would need a level of competence that hasn't been seen by NMFC for a very long time.
Actually off field we're pretty competent right now. Just compare how we fell apart losing Shaw to what happened when Clarko had to step away. Much better organisation.

So you know, we're definitely tanking. You can tell that cos the supporters of the team everyone thinks is actually tanking keep banging on and on about it.

Outtatym

Club Legend
Jun 29, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
No of course not, just laughing at Norf incompotence and wodnering why the AFL is giving them such a god tier run with umpiring, not paying free kicks for 77th interchanges.
Well, you look silly. AFL have confirmed the '77th' was a reversal as discussed many times on here.

This is why having four umpires on field causes so much angst. Four different potential ways to interpret any situation.

We're better off going back to two umps just for the consistency alone.

Dec 2, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
It didn't even cost us the game either, really. We did have a chance to win it afterward.

The admin error cost North the match. Sure, we don't know what would have come of the ball-up or the phase of play thereafter, but the North players didn't have a chance to defend the lead they had because the officials bottled it on the sideline.

Maddo11

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
Actually off field we're pretty competent right now. Just compare how we fell apart losing Shaw to what happened when Clarko had to step away. Much better organisation.

So you know, we're definitely tanking. You can tell that cos the supporters of the team everyone thinks is actually tanking keep banging on and on about it

I mean it looks like a multi car pile up instead of a complete train wreck, so i guess you're right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean it looks like a multi car pile up instead of a complete train wreck, so i guess you're right
So we had our coach step down for health reasons (and if you watched our last few games you'd see he was struggling) and the footy department barely skipped a beat in his absence.

Do you want me to post all the goals that we a result of s**t decisions or the ones we missed because of stupid frees? That's not taking into account the shots we missed that we should have got. This is a great game to lose cos the kids that played so well will walk away thinking that they won the game and officials took it off them, but that if they just work a bit harder on things not even that can stop them.

Will Phillips beat you guys in the middle all day. If only we'd picked that other bloke hey.

Maddo11

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 17, 2010
AFL Club
Sydney
So we had our coach step down for health reasons (and if you watched our last few games you'd see he was struggling) and the footy department barely skipped a beat in his absence.

Do you want me to post all the goals that we a result of s**t decisions or the ones we missed because of stupid frees? That's not taking into account the shots we missed that we should have got. This is a great game to lose cos the kids that played so well will walk away thinking that they won the game and officials took it off them, but that if they just work a bit harder on things not even that can stop them.

Will Phillips beat you guys in the middle all day. If only we'd picked that other bloke hey.
Well your first post said "off field" so this is all a bit out of left field.

I agree with some of it though. Warlord looks like he's going to be something, definitely had the effort set to 11. Your young mid group walked out of centre clearances with ease once McAndrew couldn't keep up with Goldy any more.

Drafting is part luck though, you win some you lose some.

Off field the club is a rabble

May 1, 2007
Camped in the goalsquare
AFL Club
Sydney
Someone pointed that out to me in the match thread.

It took me less than 10 seconds to think of this hi-tech solution

mqdefault.jpg

Just set up a little $10 electronic scoreboard over on the wing between benches

An amber light flashes when a team gets to 70 interchanges.
The interchange steward gets off his arse, walks over to the team's bench and manually counts it down.

"71.... 72.... 73.... TWO MORE!!! 74... ONE MORE!!! 75... THAT'S IT, GUYS... WE'RE DONE!!"

I'm sure the AFL could come up with a better system (and then find a way to f**k that up too)
There are apparently signs visible and on team computers and iPads and teams are warned at 10, 5, and 1

Well, you look silly. AFL have confirmed the '77th' was a reversal as discussed many times on here.

except it wasn’t…a different player was involved.

Jan 14, 2012
The River Murray
AFL Club
St Kilda
Watch them change the rule now in case it effects an AFL darling in a big final.

Why wasn't it a free on the wing ?
Why a free and a 50 in front of goal.
Umps were corrupt all day
They won’t change the rule because if they do clubs will just go over the cap

There’s absolutely nothing wrong with the rule, don’t break it you don’t have a problem.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back