Interest in leagues outside England

Remove this Banner Ad

sbagman

Club Legend
Nov 17, 2000
Scumshine
Other Teams
Fitzroy
So who of you have interests outside the English league? I follow the NSL (Brisbane Strikers, but the NSL nearly lost me for life there), and don't really follow the EPL because Nottingham Forest are still in Div 1. I follow the Serie A (Reggina and Perugia, although Reggina now in Serie B) and have a passing interest in Spain's Premier Liga (Barcelona). Don't really follow the Bundesliga or any other league.

Anyone else?

Im a proud Evertonian but my Fav team is Paok Salonika from Greece.

I also Love Real Madrid in La Liga.

In Serie A I follow Inter, but have a soft spot for Verona, as they were created by greeks ;).

I dont really follow NSL anymore coz my Adelaide sharks went broke :( , but I still goto some Adelaide City Games :eek:

I follow the fortunes of

Barcelona in Spain
Ajax Amsterdam in the Netherlands
Saint Etienne in France (they're now in the 2nd division :( )
Fiorentina in Italy
Celtic and Aberdeen in Scotland

...but it's really just checking their scores and seeing how they're doing on the table. I don't follow them as closely as I do with Manchester United.

Ok here we go

Top teams...
EPL: Manchester United
SPL: Celtic
NSL: South Melbourne (although my mate plays for Knights so i like em too)

Moderate interest...
La Liga: Barcelona
Serie A: Juventus

Passing interst...
Bundesliga: 1860 Munich (only cause Agostino and Zelic)
France: Paris St.Germain
Netherlands: Feyenoord (once again Emerton)

Apart from the English Premier League, I follow the Nationwide League (particularly Division One), the Scottish Premier League, and the Australian NSL.
I have a passing interest in: La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, French League, Dutch League, and Belgian League.
I have an occasional interest in: the Portuguese League, the US Major League, and the J-League in Japan.
My favourite team is Wimbledon.

Followed Stuttgart Kickers in the Bundesliga as a little tacker, but the lower divisions get zero coverage here so it's practically impossible to get any info. With their place in the food chain being what it has been over the last 10 years or so, maybe it's just as well... :(

Soccer is one of my fav sports, to watch and play, and I follow a team in most European Leagues

England - Carlisle United (Div 3) and West Ham United
Scotland - Ross County (Div 1) and Aberdeen
France - Olympique de Marseille (Hometown)
Spain - Deportivo la Coruna
Portugal - Benfica Lisbonne
Holland - FC Utrecht
Germany - Karlsruhe SC
Belgium - RSc Anderlecht
Greece - POAK Thessaloniki
Italy - AC Fiorentina
Austria - Rapid Vienna

Thank God for SBS

Liverpool are the only team I follow with a real passion, although I do take a strong interest in Celtic in the Scottish League, and a passing interest in Atalanta Bergamo in Italy and Ireland and Switzerland in Europe.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If im not barracking for Blackburn i am barracking for the once mighty Sampdoria who are now in seria B in the Italian League and were once power houses in the early to mid 90's.

Sunderland are my numero uno club of any code of football. I was basically born into the Red n White Stripes!! Followed them long before any interest in Aussie Rules developed.

In Scotland I've always followed Berwick Rangers in the Scottish Second Division due to them being an English based club playing against the Jocks each week :D If I was ever to become as rich as Murdoch I'd buy Berwick!! Love em...........check out their unofficial site at http://www.theducket.com In Celtic v Rangers terms I follow Rangers because of rather passe ethnic and religious reasons (thats what Celtic v Rangers is all about unfortunately. It has very little to do with football) However if Berwick Rangers played Glasgow Rangers I'd be screaming for the Berwickers.

Also have a soft spot for Athletic Bilbao in the Spanish League as they were founded by workers from Sunderland (hence their colours)

Follow no-one in the NSL, but I do support Playford City in the South Australian Premier League.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back