Moved Thread Interesting logic re COLA...

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry but the mere mention of COLA makes me want to smash everyone connected with the Sydney FC with a cricket bat until they're a bloody pulp.

Even the old group of seniors that used to hang out at the Capper end of the SCG in the 80's. Indeed, especially them. Cheating Sydney Syds.

Interesting article about the COLA...

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-02-17/cost-of-living-split

So the AFL are prepared to continue with a COLA for GWS, but perhaps not for the Swans?

Asked whether the two Sydney clubs would be treated independently in the review, Fitzpatrick replied: "If your question is, are Greater Western Sydney at a different stage of development to Sydney? I think the answer is yes."

But wasn't is always about the cost of living fitzy?

''The highest-paid player in Sydney should have the same buying capabilities as the highest-paid player in Melbourne,'' he said. ''The buying capabilities should be equal for every player on relative contracts around Australia.'' (Andrew Ireland)

Presumably the capital-gains opportunities from their purchases should also be standardized?

Sorry but the mere mention of COLA makes me want to smash everyone connected with the Sydney FC with a cricket bat until they're a bloody pulp.

Even the old group of seniors that used to hang out at the Capper end of the SCG in the 80's. Indeed, especially them. Cheating Sydney Syds.

Actually they are South Melbourne Football club, Sydney FC play out of the SFS in Sky Blue for soccer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back