Environment Interesting rumours and tidbits you've heard

Remove this Banner Ad

For counter-terrorism training in Melbourne, police are woken up at 2am and are put in groups at the bottom of Mt Dandenong. They have to make it to the top by feet without being spotted by the public..
How is this monitored? Are they dressed in full gear or civvies? ie how do you know if you have spotted them and not some random hiker?

How is this monitored? Are they dressed in full gear or civvies? ie how do you know if you have spotted them and not some random hiker?
Each group has one senior shadowing them to evaluate their performance. If they believe they were spotted by a member of the public then it’s deemed a failure. They’re in full kits and they treat it as if it’s a real mission.

I also don’t think there’s a time limit because groups have been stuck in awkward positions due to road works and they’ve had to wait for the works to finish before they can continue up the mountain.

Each group has one senior shadowing them to evaluate their performance. If they believe they were spotted by a member of the public then it’s deemed a failure. They’re in full kits and they treat it as if it’s a real mission.

I also don’t think there’s a time limit because groups have been stuck in awkward positions due to road works and they’ve had to wait for the works to finish before they can continue up the mountain.
Do they have to stick to main roads? Ive done a fair bit of running in the area and it wouldnt be too hard to get the top unseen (assuming sky high is the "top"), at 2am via the many fire trails and single tracks in the area.

Do they have to stick to main roads? Ive done a fair bit of running in the area and it wouldnt be too hard to get the top unseen (assuming sky high is the "top"), at 2am via the many fire trails and single tracks in the area.
Really? I thought some parts were incredibly steep and the only way to get up certain areas is via the main road, which would render the task incredibly difficult. I don’t frequent the area, but from what I recall, there are large portions where it’s main road and then private property on either side. If one car came while you were exposed on the main road it would be all over.

I don’t know the exact details of the route, but I’m guessing they haven’t made it easy considering groups have been stuck and were still trying to make it to the top after the sun had come up.

Really? I thought some parts were incredibly steep and the only way to get up certain areas is via the main road, which would render the task incredibly difficult. I don’t frequent the area, but from what I recall, there are large portions where it’s main road and then private property on either side. If one car came while you were exposed on the main road it would be all over.

I don’t know the exact details of the route, but I’m guessing they haven’t made it easy considering groups have been stuck and were still trying to make it to the top after the sun had come up.
How does sneaking up Mt Dandenong at 2am prepare you for a terrorist attack?

Guys are disgusting.
Now wondering if you understand the difference between urban legend/ myth and reality.

I’m sure by your standards some guys really are disgusting. By the same token I’m sure there are some women who are equally disgusting

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don’t know the purpose or benefits of it because I didn’t design it. Sorry.
It makes perfect sense, really.

In the event of a terror attack in the CBD, the counter terrorist unit is immediately deployed to the top of Mt Dandenong.

Job done.

Now wondering if you understand the difference between urban legend/ myth and reality.

I’m sure by your standards some guys really are disgusting. By the same token I’m sure there are some women who are equally disgusting
Stories like that and soggy biscuit don't come out of nowhere

Stories like that and soggy biscuit don't come out of nowhere
Again, sure, some guys are disgusting (by your standards).

Funnily enough I can remember living in co-ed dormitories after leaving school in which the cleaners all had a preference to clean the men’s dorms. They described the men’s dorms as sometimes a bit messy, but on reasonably clean and tolerable. The woman and woman’s dorms were always described as filthy and disgusting

Go figure

Also – Kate Ritchie's sex tape leaked because she went to a Newcastle or Wollongong pub, walked in and yelled 'who wants to **** me?' No one could believe it. Except one dumb as **** surfer. With a camera in his room. Luck.

And didn't she have the blokes legs broken ?

I guess it depends on the route or area they need to stay in. You can get from upper ferntree gully to skyhigh via trails in the national park, but i would think that would be too easy for special operations.

There are hundreds of snipers permanently setup in high rises across the CBD in Melbourne. There is enough to have absolute vision of the main CBD streets.

Given they’re all residential or commercial buildings with thousands of people coming and going all day and night, would think this would be more widely known if true.

Given they’re all residential or commercial buildings with thousands of people coming and going all day and night, would think this would be more widely known if true.
Strongly disagree. In a twenty storey office building that is leased to nineteen tenants that all occupy the whole floor, one floor (let’s say the 20th) could be owned by the government but disguised as a business. How would any of those tenants have any idea what happens on the 20th floor especially when you consider the security in modern developments? And given there is no lease in place, there would be no need for anyone else to access the 20th floor apart from the owners. All they do is pay the body corporate fees and they’re completely anonymous.

Do you really not think police are hidden all around the CBD? They’re in buildings and in unmarked vehicles. I’m sure if you look hard enough you’ll notice black vans with heavily tinted windows sitting on the sides of the road for long periods. I can also guarantee you that a large number of high rises have “that” floor which belongs to a business that no one knows anything about.

Strongly disagree. In a twenty storey office building that is leased to nineteen tenants that all occupy the whole floor, one floor (let’s say the 20th) could be owned by the government but disguised as a business. How would any of those tenants have any idea what happens on the 20th floor especially when you consider the security in modern developments? And given there is no lease in place, there would be no need for anyone else to access the 20th floor apart from the owners. All they do is pay the body corporate fees and they’re completely anonymous.

Do you really not think police are hidden all around the CBD? They’re in buildings and in unmarked vehicles. I’m sure if you look hard enough you’ll notice black vans with heavily tinted windows sitting on the sides of the road for long periods. I can also guarantee you that a large number of high rises have “that” floor which belongs to a business that no one knows anything about.
And there are HUNDREDS of these snipers up in these buildings!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back