Resource Interesting Saints historical photos.

Remove this Banner Ad

My mum just gave me this, it’s a painting of my grandpa Sam Snell who played 93 games for the Saints in 30s & 40s. He was a police officer also, hence the helmet. Not sure who the artist “Morgo” is, nothing came up on Google. Or what the panther on the goal post is about.
Interesting to me, if anyone can shed any light on anything it would be appreciated.
652ad6d5e8125ee440f30b9b08c751b4.jpg

My mum just gave me this, it’s a painting of my grandpa Sam Snell who played 93 games for the Saints in 30s & 40s. He was a police officer also, hence the helmet. Not sure who the artist “Morgo” is, nothing came up on Google. Or what the panther on the goal post is about.
Interesting to me, if anyone can shed any light on anything it would be appreciated.
Fairly certain panthers was a stkilda nickname at one stage

On SM-A526B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi mate, great picture. During the 1940's the Saints were briefly nicknamed the Panthers, that is probably why there's one in the painting.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The 2009 group were that good they should have had number two.
Sorry to bring it up.
Don’t be sorry.
That was the best performed Saints team I have ever had the privilege to watch.
Any other time and they could quite easily gone back to back.
It is what it is though, and that doesn’t detract from how good they were.

Would still love to have a Jason Gram playing in our back half today though….

Remove this Banner Ad

Back