Interesting schedule season 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I far prefer the ANZAC Eve game to the overhyped, underwhelming Essendon-Collingwood game.

Far prefer it.

Good for you, I look at the ANZAC Eve match this year as a s**t match which was underwhelming, boring and the crowd was a big drop off. Doubt it will be remembered in 5 years time, much like when some club started an ANZAC Day night match, lasted about 2 years and was written off

Good for you, I look at the ANZAC Eve match this year as a s**t match which was underwhelming, boring and the crowd was a big drop off. Doubt it will be remembered in 5 years time, much like when some club started an ANZAC Day night match, lasted about 2 years and was written off
starts with a bang, ends with a whimper.. but that is the way with all games big or small. they are just games.. we all try hard to make it
bigger than they are but we are deceiving ourselves.. but let's keep the lie going.. it will pay in the end..

2011 saw ANZAC Day and Easter fall on the same weekend with Geelong v Hawthorn played on a Tuesday afternoon and a Monday night game in Perth between Fremantle and Western Bulldogs.

No Good Friday game was played in 2011 though

its one of those years where Anzac falls in Easter week (but as it’s thursday probably in the next round)

So what would it be (with all the preset fixtures)

18 April Thu Melbourne/Essendon or Collingwood/Richmond
19 April Good Friday north/bulldogs/saints
20 April Sat as 18 April plus 2 games
21 April Sun 3 games
22 April Easter Monday Hawthorn/Geelong
23 April. (Day off?)
24 April Anzac Eve Wed Richmond/Melbourne
25 April Anzac Thu Essendon/Collingwood
26 April Fri one game probably not vic
27 April Sat 3 games
28 April Sun 3 games probably involving Geelong and hawthorn

Would collingwood Richmond Essendon Melbourne make a grab for the Good Friday?

You’ll probably be able to watch the best part of two rounds of footy live
is your life that f*****g boring?
who gives a F***

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah but Queensland....
What's with Collingwood supporters getting upset others might prefer another game.

its one of those years where Anzac falls in Easter week (but as it’s thursday probably in the next round)

So what would it be (with all the preset fixtures)

18 April Thu Melbourne/Essendon or Collingwood/Richmond
19 April Good Friday north/bulldogs/saints
20 April Sat as 18 April plus 2 games
21 April Sun 3 games
22 April Easter Monday Hawthorn/Geelong
23 April. (Day off?)
24 April Anzac Eve Wed Richmond/Melbourne
25 April Anzac Thu Essendon/Collingwood
26 April Fri one game probably not vic
27 April Sat 3 games
28 April Sun 3 games probably involving Geelong and hawthorn

Would collingwood Richmond Essendon Melbourne make a grab for the Good Friday?

You’ll probably be able to watch the best part of two rounds of footy live

yeah cos those teams need even more standalone games.....

Not sure it is possible for Good Friday to fall on Anzac Day.

Computations
Main article: Computus
In 725, Bede succinctly wrote, "The Sunday following the full Moon which falls on or after the equinox will give the lawful Easter."[52] However, this does not precisely reflect the ecclesiastical rules. The full moon referred to (called the Paschal full moon) is not an astronomical full moon, but the 14th day of a lunar month. Another difference is that the astronomical equinox is a natural astronomical phenomenon, which can fall on 19, 20 or 21 March, while the ecclesiastical date is fixed by convention on 21 March.[53]

Easter is the third Sunday in the paschal lunar month, or, in other words, the Sunday after the paschal lunar month's 14th day. The 14th of the paschal lunar month is designated by convention as the Paschal full moon, although the 14th of the lunar month may differ from the date of the astronomical full moon by up to two days.[54] Since the ecclesiastical new moon falls on a date from 8 March to 5 April inclusive, the paschal full moon (the 14th of that lunar month) must fall on a date from 21 March to 18 April inclusive.

So no it can't be the 25th.

Good question. I've always wondered. Now I know.

Gee it must suck for the Richmond administration trying to shoulder this one. Not our fault the demons didn’t turn up to their home game. Reality is we got a pretty decent crowd considering Melbourne’s form and their crowd numbers in general.

Both were not exactly spectacles this year, though. There is a huge market for the ANZAC eve game though, I reckon it has a place. These days any public holiday eve has events and nightlife in droves. The streets were absolutely packed and plenty of people around and about. Good to keep that economic wheel spinning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back