Interesting Science videos

Remove this Banner Ad

You have to watch the start in slow motion. Torres Strait becomes a land bridge with the sea level being just 20m lower. Another 10m lower and Tasmania is connected to Australia. Britain is connected to Europe at 40m lower. The Atlantic Ocean vanishes with the sea level 6km lower!

I only have a yr12 psychics level of understanding for this stuff, but I've been fascinated by the double slit experiment for years. This video ramps it up to 11. What are the opinions in here on the Observer Effect and what counts as an observer?

As much as I want to believe that it is consciousness that causes the waveform collapse (as I'm not an atheist and would love to see some potential evidence of metaphysical "spirituality"), that just raises too many questions for me. Ie at what point in our evolutionary cycle did we become amply "conscious" to cause this effect?

Holy crap, that is awesome.
The same guys, this time firing WW2 cannons. You see the shells pitching up and down soon after leaving the muzzle, before they stabilise :thumbsu:

I can't believe near the end, when the 6" shell ricochets off a few watermelons o_O

I was just waiting for him to load her up and punch a fat cone through that contraption.

It would be the last time he ever did it. Do you know how toxic H2S is? I'd rather work with hydrogen cyanide.

The contraption is a "Kipps Apparatus" which was used to generate gasses back in ye olde chemistry times before you could pick up the phone and have a gas cylinder delivered.

It would be the last time he ever did it. Do you know how toxic H2S is? I'd rather work with hydrogen cyanide.

The contraption is a "Kipps Apparatus" which was used to generate gasses back in ye olde chemistry times before you could pick up the phone and have a gas cylinder delivered.
Was the original prototype made with a Gatorade bottle and lengths of garden hose? 😂

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back