Coach NMFC Senior Coach Rhyce Shaw - Ben Buckley announces NMFC & Shaw will part ways immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

TAO was advocating what he would like to happen. I merely pointed out that would be very poor leadership and man-management. Nothing bizarre about what I said at all.
That would be your opinion of poor leadership and man management. Different strokes for different folks , some players respond to a dressing down & some don’t I’m pretty sure Rhyce would pick his mark with these types of situations.

TAO was advocating what he would like to happen. I merely pointed out that would be very poor leadership and man-management. Nothing bizarre about what I said at all.
I agree it wasn't 'bizarre' and I get where you're coming from, but I think you've probably taken the fu** ups comments and put them together with the slumped shoulders and him (simply?) asking,"Who told you you could do that"? to conclude it was 'rough' in its delivery. May have been calm, measured and direct. Yeah, he might have worded it differently, but as long as he's authentic and care-ful in his intent, that's what I want to see at this point.

Yes, the edict 'Praise in public, criticise in private' is a useful principle, but there are times when groups need to acknowledge and discuss performance issues together. In this case, a new leader (S1 in Situational Leadership) telling them what is expected as a group which can't be done specifically without focusing on individual actions.

...you have to pick your delivery

Every single player is different so some need a lift, some need more assertiveness, some need to feel like they are running the shop or need more responsibility, some players just need support and positive reinforcement. So many variables and you just don’t know until you establish close and trusting relationships

Managing a sports team is something I haven’t done before, so I am just ranting a bit but the fundamentals of leadership, mentoring and management are still there
Yeah, it's an art, not a science. Different people, different stages, different circumstances etc.

Lol. If this reaction and counter-reaction keeps up, I’m guessing TAO won’t be getting any inside info anymore - or, at least, he won’t be posting it here. Another example of: - “Well, I didn’t expect the Spanish Inquisition”.
I know, right? He was only told to come and tell us that there were trouble at mill.

Heard from a "relative" sauce the paper is just waiting for a little more ink and has been for less that 48 hours.
I'm not smart enough to understand this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

While I’ve had some experience in managing a team up to 30+ staff, I can say that you have to pick your delivery

Every single player is different so some need a lift, some need more assertiveness, some need to feel like they are running the shop or need more responsibility, some players just need support and positive reinforcement. So many variables and you just don’t know until you establish close and trusting relationships

But I disagree that’s it’s humiliation. It’s the standard that once it’s set across the entire team, that message needs to be consistent. Footy is tough physically and mentally. We want Shaw to call out the “fu** ups”, what do you want him to do? sit on his hands and just expect everyone to learn? (easy fix lol). North shouldn’t strive to be mediocre anymore if we need change, we need a strong core of leaders

You can’t just spray a certain player and then the next week cuddle him because again the expected standard is not consistent across the board. I feel like the way Shaw is having regular meetings etc he is finding out what players individually need from him and wether that’s tough love or not that’s up to the player himself while keeping the standard intact. He’s doing a fantastic job at this imo and I reckon he seen how Brad never spoke to the youth and quickly rectified that, which is why there was a sudden impact

Managing a sports team is something I haven’t done before, so I am just ranting a bit but the fundamentals of leadership, mentoring and management are still there

Exactly !!

abcd.JPG

If Im honest when Scotts pulled the pin I was a little surprised to hear Shaws name as the interim.......considering his relatively short tenure at the club and the other assistants with more experience and arguably greater reputations......the decision makers obviously saw something in him to appoint him ahead of the others..........or they saw less in the others.......interesting.

Heard from a "relative" sauce the paper is just waiting for a little more ink and has been for less that 48 hours.

Yeah, same one that said Gaffy was done deal?

Welcome Crazy Vossy!

If Im honest when Scotts pulled the pin I was a little surprised to hear Shaws name as the interim.......considering his relatively short tenure at the club and the other assistants with more experience and arguably greater reputations......the decision makers obviously saw something in him to appoint him ahead of the others..........or they saw less in the others.......interesting.

It has been mentioned before but our other assistants names don't get raised very often when coaching roles open up at other clubs. Maybe this is why Rhys was preferred as interim, just considered a more likely senior coach in the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back