Intermittent fasting

Remove this Banner Ad

What happened to the theory that the body goes into starvation mode if you don't eat and stops burning fat?

So he's going into the comp having not eaten for 4 days?

I'm assuming he's going to eat something before he actually competes, here's the post where he refers to the fast. Perhaps he's doing it to try and drop weight for the comp.

The AMRAP in 60 seconds event is 5 exercises calculated as a percentage of your body weight. Squat, deadlift, bench press, military press and barbell row.

Fasting is not easy, how a fast feels is generally marked by the starting health of the individual. Fasts can hit u for a massive six! Fasts are very beneficial imo, especially these days.

I got whacked during a 10 day water fast!
geez, 10 days that is a hell of a fast. the longest i have done is 3 days and i regularly do 24 hours. i have to psych myself up over a period of a week or so to do the longer than 1 day fasts, i am psyched to do a 60 hour one this monday tuesday (last meal sunday night) coming.

i do my exercise routine early in the morning unfed but have never done a fully fasted routine, going to try it tuesday (48 hours fasted) morning and see how it goes, if i feel OK i will try it again wednesday morning before i break the fast at breakfast.

geez, 10 days that is a hell of a fast. the longest i have done is 3 days and i regularly do 24 hours.

3 days that's prefect.
Science shows 10 day fasts are a complete waste of time, in a physiological sense nothing much changes after 4 days.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've been doing regular 4 day fasts now for three years and are Never hungry on the 5th day when I break it. I could easy keep going but theirs no point.
then you are the exception.

that said the more often you do it the easier it becomes.

After some increased reading on insulin and looking back at previous eating plans I think my body undergoes a significant shift in insulin sensitivity when I'm completing 2 24 hour fasts per week (with a lunch time BP coffee) as my body composition takes on a unrivalled "shredded" look when that is my eating plan (compared to other eating plans I've followed).

So with that in mind and as I make the switch to maintenance calories in the next few days I've devised a new eating/workout routine.

4 lifting days
2 cardio days
1 rest day

per week (not in that order :))

150g of carbs on lifting days. Ideally consumed post workout. Because I lift in the early morning, this does pose a slight fasting issue as I normally have a BP coffee post workout and don't eat a fast breaking (insulinogenic) meal until lunch time thus sticking to a 16/8 fast/feed window. However I'm determined to experiment with insulin spiking meals post workout to see if it creates any anabolic benefits for me.

Morning cardio combined with a 24 hour fast on cardio days.

16/8 fast/feed window on rest days

Ketogenic/LCHF eating plan on all rest and cardio days

We'll see how I go.

18/6 every day, and 4 days the 1st Monday of every second month (start Feb)
what does the research say Bazzar re the merits of the 24 hour fast once a fortnight (which i follow) v your 18/6 every day method? my diet is a moderate LCHF style.

i also do a 60 hour fast once every 10-12 weeks, i occasionally break them early, the one i started earlier this week i lasted 41 hours as my wife was selfishly making a home grown egg salad for herself which i couldn't resist.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back