Intermittent fasting

Bazzar

Hall of Famer
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
I was going to buy some of that bulk nutrients vitamin powder but didn’t end up going ahead.

Do you rate it?
Like most supliments it's difficult to gauge how effective they are but my GP was in favor (knowing I have a healthy diet) because if there's anything I am deficient in it will top it up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

jason pm

Premium Gold
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
A couple of questions for those more knowledgeable than me in matters related to fasting.

I have been doing 99% of my running/Hot Yoga classes in the morning in a fasted state, I sweat profusely. I currently have lemon juice, a pinch of salt and a dob of honey mixed with tepid water straight after.

1- Would that drink be enough to break the fast?
2- Is it fine to continue the "fast" for the rest of the day or should I ideally be eating something and if so when ie. straight after or wait a while?

showdownhero

Premiership Player
Oct 6, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
on a journey through time and space
A couple of questions for those more knowledgeable than me in matters related to fasting.

I have been doing 99% of my running/Hot Yoga classes in the morning in a fasted state, I sweat profusely. I currently have lemon juice, a pinch of salt and a dob of honey mixed with tepid water straight after.

1- Would that drink be enough to break the fast?
2- Is it fine to continue the "fast" for the rest of the day or should I ideally be eating something and if so when ie. straight after or wait a while?
1- Enough honey will illicit an insulin response and be considered fast breaking by anyone's standards, there's also a bit of sugar in lemon juice. I would want to make sure there was less than 10 calories (so no more than 2.5g) of carbs in the drink. Although it depends a little bit on what you're trying to get out of fasting (reduce appetite, losing weight, autophagy, increase insulin sensitivity, etc.)
2- It's definitely fine to continue fasting during the day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Milpool

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Beer is definitely one I have to sort out . Not the best time of year to be cutting back though.

I actually used MyFitnessPal for the first time since August or September and it had my weight as 94kg, I'm bang on 88kgs now so 6kg in a few months without really going over the top is pretty good. This week I've started being more mindful of calories, trying to get under 2000 a day but I'm not very good at portions and the app s**t's me.

Going to look at joining the gym after the holidays too hopefully.

Bazzar

Hall of Famer
May 8, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Beer is definitely one I have to sort out . Not the best time of year to be cutting back though.

I actually used MyFitnessPal for the first time since August or September and it had my weight as 94kg, I'm bang on 88kgs now so 6kg in a few months without really going over the top is pretty good. This week I've started being more mindful of calories, trying to get under 2000 a day but I'm not very good at portions and the app s**t's me.

Going to look at joining the gym after the holidays too hopefully.
Sorting beer out, this is the only choice. Zero carb, zero sugar and only 88cals per stubby

Milpool

Team Captain
Oct 23, 2017
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Sorting beer out, this is the only choice. Zero carb, zero sugar and only 88cals per stubby
Yeah I know, I just don't enjoy then though. Taste like bin water. I drink gold predominantly, 109cal, 7g carbs, .4 sugar. If I feel fancy I drink Pure Blonde, not sure on their numbers but claim to be low carb.

JG22

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 12, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Vodka lime soda seems about the best alcoholic drink you can have

Beers aren’t too bad

I’d still try and stay away from sugar filled drinks including Canadian, jd.
Some times will still have them.

Barrysballs

Team Captain
Mar 19, 2018
AFL Club
Fremantle
Went clothes shopping today as not much fits me anymore, currently 83kg. Had a lot of trouble finding shirts that are broad enough across the chest and and that my arms can fit into, but aren't wide across the waist area. Everthing looks like im in a tent from the solar plexus down.
IF problems the struggle is real

Top Bottom