Internal Improvement in 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

A TOM BOYD BREAKOUT SEASON IS UPON US.

Just watching the Swans game from last year on fox - cant see a break out season from Boydy Im afraid.

Had a long look at out list and we really do need a few to break out. Our list is so so even that in the absense of bob boydy and stringer we need a half a dozen to elevate their game.

I like the early signs of lipinski. If we are to be serious about another flag tilt in next few years he and others has to be keeping dickson and picken out of the side by years end.

Move the assistant coaches back to the assignment that suits them best.

Didn’t change coaches so no idea how we improve internally.

The list is has improvement but I’d we have the same coaching assignments as 2017 we are not making top 8.

How Gia continues as a coach baffles me beyond beloved.

Coaches the forwards in 2016 and it was our weakest line and turned The mids into spuds in 2017.

The list is has improvement but I’d we have the same coaching assignments as 2017 we are not making top 8.

Coaches the forwards in 2016 and it was our weakest line and turned The mids into spuds in 2017.
Almost fully agree. Can’t see a top 8 spot for us next year and I’m disappointed at the lack of coaching movement.

In 2018, I just want to see our mids back in some decent form and Boyd and Schache taking steps forward in their careers and hopefully a full season from Adams. Would be really happy if Kieran Collins produces a great year too.

But i think we can improve next year regardless of coaching. Some players pulling their fingers out will help. Given what Stringer, Boyd and Murphy actually produced last year and Schache, Trengove, Crozier and two first round picks coming in i think they’ll easily surpass what the former trio gave us.

You mean you beleive we will not make the 8 :)

The fact that up till 2 rounds to go we were still a chance with the disharmony amongst the playing group primarily caused by 1 protagenist suggests coaching in itself may have not been as big a factor as some are making out.

However I still do not understand the wholesale change in assignments 1 or 2 maybe after winning a flag.

Most important change required other than obviously attitude of the playing group is being brave with both team selection and gamestyle.

Though I was often perplexed with both of these in 2015 and 2016 they worked out as the bravery of both fed in to the players attitude.

Last year we werr hesitant to give big roles to young players, Young towards the end of season an exception, and we were to conservative in our approach to games.

Am fairly confident of a top 8 finish not sure about top 4 though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back