Review Internal Trial Game thread

I watched the tennis last night and today I thought of Kyrgios each time SPP took possession.
I think its that emotionless expression on their face whilst internally they are both thinking, * that.

Have to wonder what the white team was doing when they had only Pasini and Burgoyne in the back 50 against 7 attacking black team players.

If you are getting slapped by 100+, surely clog that backline and stop the bleeding.

Oct 11, 2006
Sydney
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Didn't watch this, wondering:

Who won the ruck battle (and is Ladhams still hopeless with his ruckwork)?

Sounds like all the key talls got a bath as Dixon, Marshall and Georgiadis had big games. Not sure if that's a good thing.

If Fantasia has a year as good as Polec's 2014, I'll be severely disappointed, because a) Orazio is a better player than Polec and b) we have a better team than 2014.

Didn't watch this, wondering:

Who won the ruck battle (and is Ladhams still hopeless with his ruckwork)?

Sounds like all the key talls got a bath as Dixon, Marshall and Georgiadis had big games. Not sure if that's a good thing.

Lycett was best in the first half playing for Black. Then he moved to white in the second half where he was rucking to cardboard cutouts so had no influence. Ladhams took over for Black and did a decent job.

Allir was the only KPD to have an influence and that was only in the first half. Jonas was down, Mckenzie didnt play, Pasini was poor

Chizza12

All Australian
Jul 29, 2016
Wynn Vale
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My takeaways from the game:
. AA and Fanta obvious best 22
. Burton, DBJ and Houston are our best rebounding backs, clean hands with precise foot skills
. Georgiadis is a lead out forward, times his leads beautifully
. Duursma is the next Trav Boak, his workmate is incredible, can definitely play as a genuine mid
. Ladhams is a fwd/ruck, Hayes and Lycett fighting for ruck spot
. I liked the different forward line mix we can throw at the oppo, we can go tall but looking extremely dangerous when we go small
. Amon is getting better and better
. Dylan Williams needs to be a mid/fwd, I see clean hands, vision and evasiveness, wasted just left as a half forward
. Bergman looks really good in that half back intercept/attacking role
. Lachie had a poor game, I think he'll need to understand his role better, expect he'll blossom quickly
. Rozee is so damaging forward we might be better served if he's a fwd/mid
. Boak and Gray just keep doing what they do

Overall, really impressed with our depth across all positions now. We absolutely should be top 4 and in the mix for the flag, going to be an exciting year...

Jonts

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 7, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Flagstaff Hill FC, Tottenham
Internal trials are weird ones because for half the squad it's the highest standard they will play with/against and for the other half it's the lowest

Glad the club did a stream

Coobk001

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 26, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
SA Spurs, Anaheim Ducks, White Sox
If Fantasia has a year as good as Polec's 2014, I'll be severely disappointed, because a) Orazio is a better player than Polec and b) we have a better team than 2014.
Lol, Polec is a way better player. One was traded for a 1st rounder over here despite his injuries, the other we whinged about giving up a 2nd for.

Harlott

Premiership Player
Jul 5, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I reckon I’d get a little bit more from an internal trial than if I watched a training session. I might might be tempted to sneak the odd look at a stream once we play external opposition.
Bagging or lavishing praise on players after an internal trial? Don’t know about that.

Lol, Polec is a way better player. One was traded for a 1st rounder over here despite his injuries, the other we whinged about giving up a 2nd for.

Fantasia has the speed to unlock defences and works hard, which is something Polec has never done. He also loves to work both sides of the ball and will get back into defence when needed.

People complain about the forward line being dysfunctional - getting players who can get the ball inside 50 more quickly is how you fix it, and Fantasia will do that.

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
My takeaway is Lord looks like he is good at football at first glance. Some talls look at sea needing years to get up to speed but he looks someone who’s going to go well at sanfl level this year.

Hayes gets games and by the end of the year is our best ruck.

Buget

Premiership Player
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only got to watch the highlights, but I liked how Lord and Dixon looked together. Looked as if the big forwards had been giving each other space.

but how does Rozee get 3 from the goal square in the last? I think some games were being played.

Feb 7, 2014
reynella
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chelsea FC , Boston Red Sox/celtics
Screenshot_20210213-184415.jpg

Not a good sign at all

Back