Review Internal Trial Game thread

davesnothere

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 29, 2012
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

CD spoke about it during the game. Said it’s been ok for the past month but still managing the load level. They were looking at “making a decision“ up until a month ago. Sounds like they are just conditioning the foot not too much too soon.
Watching today he’s fine. If any doubt at all he’s playing a half only.

robbo1981

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 16, 2011
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I thought Amon and Bonner were very good today obviously great to see Rozee moving so well .
Allir and Orazio add something to the team very nice recruitment considering no 1st rounders were involved.
Sammy Mayes and Lienert are great depth both can play at the level.
The X man looks like he has gone to another level the drop mark might of burnt over the summer.
Our forward line will be unstoppable or should be choc full of X factor and good mix.
Big Hayes is our best tap ruckman was good to see him doing well.
Also Ollie lord may end up being a shewd pick .
Last thing Jones was abit off the pace but not a concern doesn't need to play rnd 1.

davo999

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2009
Aldinga Beach
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Lucky us getting the game live streamed , wasn’t the greatest game ver but was still very entertaining.
Fantasia looked classy and speedy and with the ability to work up and back .
Loved the look of Georgiades again , an X factor in the air and with the ability to get involved in running plays .
Marshall was good as well and I think we can play both .
Bonner was actually excellent , probably did notice a little more short kicking especially in defence rather than going down the line.
Thought Ladhams was good , genuine 2nd ruck where he is a presence up forward as well as a decent ruckman .
Houston was good, Rozee of course even though at least 3 of his goals were Joe the Goose while he was resting in the forward pocket .
Butters looked good again .
Pisani looked quite good and almost ready if needed .
Some of the players like Hartlett and Burton , Boak , Rockliff , Jonas , Lycett , Wines and Gray were probably cruising .
Powell Pepper worked quite hard but still needed the big arc to turn around and his kicking still needs work.
Farrell looked quite good and if Duursma graduates to the midfield I think he’d be first choice on the wing
Hayes was competitive without standing out , didn’t notice much from Williams , Lord did a couple of nice things , Burgoyne kicked a nice goal but didn’t do much else , Drew was a little disappointing I thought he might do a bit more . Woodcock looked pretty good in the first half .
Duursma was quite good , Leinert typically solid game . Amon was good as we’ve come to expect .
Bergman was solid , almost exciting , Jones was solid after his reality check getting caught holding the ball because he wasn’t at top pace . .
Schofield did a couple of nice little things .
Garner was solid without over impressing .
Clurey was pretty good and Mayes was quite good in the middle in the first half , still looks a little bland to me though .
ofthe Maggie’s, Edwards was a bit impressive , would’ve liked to seen Surman but not to be , Corcoran always shows a bit .
Pretty good hit out without reaching any great heights but hey looking good

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
Lucky us getting the game live streamed , wasn’t the greatest game ver but was still very entertaining.
Fantasia looked classy and speedy and with the ability to work up and back .
Loved the look of Georgiades again , an X factor in the air and with the ability to get involved in running plays .
Marshall was good as well and I think we can play both .
Bonner was actually excellent , probably did notice a little more short kicking especially in defence rather than going down the line.
Thought Ladhams was good , genuine 2nd ruck where he is a presence up forward as well as a decent ruckman .
Houston was good, Rozee of course even though at least 3 of his goals were Joe the Goose while he was resting in the forward pocket .
Butters looked good again .
Pisani looked quite good and almost ready if needed .
Some of the players like Hartlett and Burton , Boak , Rockliff , Jonas , Lycett , Wines and Gray were probably cruising .
Powell Pepper worked quite hard but still needed the big arc to turn around and his kicking still needs work.
Farrell looked quite good and if Duursma graduates to the midfield I think he’d be first choice on the wing
Hayes was competitive without standing out , didn’t notice much from Williams , Lord did a couple of nice things , Burgoyne kicked a nice goal but didn’t do much else , Drew was a little disappointing I thought he might do a bit more . Woodcock looked pretty good in the first half .
Duursma was quite good , Leinert typically solid game . Amon was good as we’ve come to expect .
Bergman was solid , almost exciting , Jones was solid after his reality check getting caught holding the ball because he wasn’t at top pace . .
Schofield did a couple of nice little things .
Garner was solid without over impressing .
Clurey was pretty good and Mayes was quite good in the middle in the first half , still looks a little bland to me though .
ofthe Maggie’s, Edwards was a bit impressive , would’ve liked to seen Surman but not to be , Corcoran always shows a bit .
Pretty good hit out without reaching any great heights but hey looking good
Good rundown with a notable omission which I'll take the liberty to write on your behalf.

Aliir Aliir was quite good :D

Last edited:

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Only got to watch the highlights, but I liked how Lord and Dixon looked together. Looked as if the big forwards had been giving each other space.

but how does Rozee get 3 from the goal square in the last? I think some games were being played.

Well we've gotten Joe the goosed hard over the years, could be a strategy for us to achieve this?

Connor the Goose

Byrons Firen

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 4, 2013
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
the maggies
A 197cm late draft selection tall forward playing his first game in a year getting some positive wraps is a pleasant surprise. There was always going to be some bargains in last years draft, let’s hope we found one.
I reckon Geelong were planing on picking him up for peanuts like WCE or Freo had in mind with Georgi boy.

Back