F: Georgiades - Dixon - Gray
HF: Butters - Marshall - Rozee
C: Amon - Boak - Duursma
HB: Byrne-Jones - Aliir - Bergman
B: Jonas (C) - Clurey - Houston

R: Lycett - Wines - Powell-Pepper

INT: Fantasia - Burton - Motlop - Jones

EMERG: Hayes - McKenzie - Rockliff - Hartlett

A few scribes took a look at the scores and said it was 'best vs the rest' in the second half, so let's have a look at the teams in the 3rd and 4th quarters and see who's been written off already ;)

Back in the dim darks the Maggie internal trials used to be `best v the rest ' and they sometimes got a bit willing.

I can recall a dust up between Bruce Light and a magoo's player named Chris Hunter in the early 70's where some big punches were thrown, and Hunter probably won the fight on points.
Another time, ( I think it was a very young Danny Pritchard, who was built like a brick shizenhaus ) shirt fronted Jack Cahill and made a real mess of him to the tune of badly bruised ribs.
Cahill left the field and from memory missed the first 1 or 2 games of that season.

The biggest stitch I have seen though was when a very young Mark Williams crossed from Westies, and his opponent in the centre in the internal trial was Russell Ebert.
Russell absolutely destroyed him and must have had 40 plus touches to Chocos less than 10.

Cheers. That's a very big forward line. We'd probably have to throw Corr on to one of them.

Sounds like north should of picked McDonald 🤷

Nah mate, we picked the right one. Grainger-Barrass was the only other one I would have considered at pick 2/3.

i dunno theres been a few....

Wines was always an inside bull afaic, and you picked up a beauty in Jones. He's a born half back.

Do you guys reckon we've given Aliir Aliir some type of assurance that he won't ruck unless we are desperate?

Surely we have 2 of Lycett, Ladhams and Hayes in the side, I think 1 of Marshall and Georgiades could miss out, unless we do some quad of doom.

Not sure Jones and Bergman are pushing Hartlett out just yet, maybe in time but doubt it's round 1.

Throw Ladhams into the mix also, which means Motlop is probably in trouble if we want to play the 4 talls up forward but with Marshall and MG's mobility we can definitely play all 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not sure Jones and Bergman are pushing Hartlett out just yet, maybe in time but doubt it's round 1.
I know Hammer is being managed this pre-season, but it's interesting that he was on team white.

Someone in the media made a comment about Jones having both wrists taped up and wondered if it had anything to do with his weights program.

They should have had a good look at his right hand as the video above shows his thumb was taped up which meant taping up the wrist as well. Don't know why his left wrist was taped up as no strapping extended to his hand or fingers.

Do you guys reckon we've given Allir Allir some type of assurance that he won't ruck unless we are desperate?

Surely we have 2 of Lycett, Ladhams and Hayes in the side, I think 1 of Marshall and Georgiades could miss out, unless we do some quad of doom.

Would he be looking for that sort of assurance? Does he prefer not to ruck?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

A Swans poster posted an opinion a while back that Aliir prefers to be settled in defence (helps his confidence) rather than having to plug holes in the ruck and up forward.
I really hope we settle him down back and not a floating role all over the place but I fear Kenny will get carried away because of his athleticism.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back