International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

So how does this game work?

Do you just simulate games, and train players? Or do you actually train, bat and bowl manually?

Do you select your own sides? Can you decide how a pitch is made? Sounds pretty interesting.

You select the side and do the field settings and who is bowling (like a captain does).

It's the cricket version of football manager.

I am in 2035 with my Australian side and we're 10th in the world in T20 and 9th in Tests and ODIs. :(

I made the mistake of skipping games for a while, not realising how badly you get punished for that. It's rather annoying, actually - why force the player to play a tedious series of ODI games?

It also seems to be really hard to find decent pace bowlers - don't think I've had one with a Test bowling average under 30 in all that time. Thank goodness spinners are overpowered; Nathan Lyon wound up taking 500 wickets at 24, and my next spinner wasn't far behind.

Still a solid game, though, especially since I have it on iPad. It's great for a few quick games on the train or at work.

So how does this game work?

Do you just simulate games, and train players? Or do you actually train, bat and bowl manually?

Do you select your own sides? Can you decide how a pitch is made? Sounds pretty interesting.

You don't directly control batting and bowling (as you would in an EA-style game) but you can control quite a few strategies for bowlers like line, length, aggression and field. For batting, you control the aggression and can tell a player to keep the strike. You can play games over-by-over or just simulate the result.

If you're managing a state side, you control who is in your squad and can bring in grade cricketers at the end of each season, and also have a T20 franchise where you sign players to contracts.

You can train players both to improve their form and overall ability in various areas.

You can select what sort of pitch you want at your home ground when you have a domestic side. The pitch and conditions have a big impact on games; they can be checked before you select your side.

Yeah. I've played it a little bit.

149142_4086341282193_1937785180_n.jpg

You don't directly control batting and bowling (as you would in an EA-style game) but you can control quite a few strategies for bowlers like line, length, aggression and field. For batting, you control the aggression and can tell a player to keep the strike. You can play games over-by-over or just simulate the result.

If you're managing a state side, you control who is in your squad and can bring in grade cricketers at the end of each season, and also have a T20 franchise where you sign players to contracts.

You can train players both to improve their form and overall ability in various areas.

You can select what sort of pitch you want at your home ground when you have a domestic side. The pitch and conditions have a big impact on games; they can be checked before you select your side.
Sounds pretty fun, will download when back home. How much is it to get the full version once the trial ends (for the latest one)? It's just a download off the net right?

Sounds pretty fun, will download when back home. How much is it to get the full version once the trial ends (for the latest one)? It's just a download off the net right?

Hope you enjoy it. :)

It's just a download, and $24.99 to unlock it. The iPad version is only $7.50 and is effectively the same.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've had Huss score 403* once

My highest was Tim Paine scoring 351* in a Shield game.

Of course then, while he was in the form of his life, the Aussies called him up and I was left with Doolan behind the stumps.

My highest was Tim Paine scoring 351* in a Shield game.

Of course then, while he was in the form of his life, the Aussies called him up and I was left with Doolan behind the stumps.
lol @ not playing Dunk behind the sticks

I scored a 450* with Hodgey in CC once

I have tried this game and cricket coach and even though I like the way cricket coach does its stats and news and what not this game is far superior still even with the lack of changes in the last couple of years, I kinda actually like the older versions of this game more say icc3 and 2009 and the love I had with Phil Hughes in that game! I'm with 2010 right now and doing preety well steve smith really seems to dominate this one and I still get the old James Harris and unknown indian spinner or Sri Lanka to rip me apart. Daniel Doran was incredible in icc3 shows how much the game likes the Spinners

Best game. Playing as Australia and Middlesex. Middlesex dominating everything. As Rogers was already my international, I signed Amla as a reserve. So it is Rogers with Amla behind him. :eek:

ive found the new ones a little too invlolved, particularly with the training and off field stuff.

2003 was very simple, in game controls were simple and it was so bloody hard

Have given all versions since Australian Cricket Captain came out. Brilliantly addictive game.

Had Steve Waugh score 484* once before retiring hurt

Was always near impossible to have players hit sixes until recent releases

Hey guys, im thinking of buying the ipad version of this game, would anyone be albe to tell me there thoughts on it and is it worth the money?

Hey guys, im thinking of buying the ipad version of this game, would anyone be albe to tell me there thoughts on it and is it worth the money?

I think it’s definitely worth the money! Can play it for hours on end and it’s safe to say it’s addicting. I’ve played it since about 2003 :thumbsu:

I've been playing since Australian Cricket Captain which was released about 15 years ago. I only play county. It can be frustrating sometimes but I enjoy it. The shorter forms can be frustrating as I struggle to make runs quick enough but I like playing the County matches.

i had 09 on PC and i liked it and now i'm getting back into it on my iphone. only thing that annoys me is after the test portion of a tour, when you go to select the ODI squad, the test squad's in there and i can't seem to find a way to choose your last test squad without remembering who was in it and selecting them manually. oh, and joe burns just flat out disappeared from my game hahaha. but it's bloody addictive

Remove this Banner Ad

Back