International Cricket Captain

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carl Hooper

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
just found a free version of icc17 for me Samsung..

beauty

...and nah i don't feel bad, ive paid $12 for 3 years in a row, so Childish Things can kiss my ass

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
Can't remember if I have ever played an edition of this where 4 games didn't come down to one side declaring 220 ahead at tea on the last day hoping to fluke bowling the oppo out

Carl Hooper

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
Can't remember if I have ever played an edition of this where 4 games didn't come down to one side declaring 220 ahead at tea on the last day hoping to fluke bowling the oppo out
I find no matter how big a target you set them to chase on day 5... they will chase it down 90% of the time.

shit once i set them like 450 to win, declared with a session left on day 4.. they chased it down, losing like 4 wickets along the way smh

iluvparis

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Man Utd
I find no matter how big a target you set them to chase on day 5... they will chase it down 90% of the time.

shit once i set them like 450 to win, declared with a session left on day 4.. they chased it down, losing like 4 wickets along the way smh
:thumbsu:

I reckon 90% of games are

Me - bat first 3/190 - all out 260 early Day 2
Them - 6/120 - all out 350-400 lunch Day 3
Me - 4/280 halfway through Day 4 working out the risk/return ratio of declaring

Then - if i leave it to late I'll have them like 5/60, but if I go too early they'll win losing 1 wicket

Carl Hooper

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
:thumbsu:

I reckon 90% of games are

Me - bat first 3/190 - all out 260 early Day 2
Them - 6/120 - all out 350-400 lunch Day 3
Me - 4/280 halfway through Day 4 working out the risk/return ratio of declaring

Then - if i leave it to late I'll have them like 5/60, but if I go too early they'll win losing 1 wicket
LMAOOOO spot on really...

it's a shame... the match engine was probably at its peak for ICC06. when they started introducing t20s and different leagues the match engine just started getting so predictable imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
So I just had a weird bug in the game. Playing in the West Indies domestic league. 2021 season and I have the minimum 18 players on my list. I had 13 of the 18 selected into a test squAd and couldn't advance the game. Only 4 of the players were contracted by the national team so it made it impossible to sign any new players as they were all worth around 90k each. I've quit the game and it takes me back into the menu before selecting the team, the same amount of guys are always picked. It's a shame as it's been the best WI domestic I've done

Carl Hooper

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
So I just had a weird bug in the game. Playing in the West Indies domestic league. 2021 season and I have the minimum 18 players on my list. I had 13 of the 18 selected into a test squAd and couldn't advance the game. Only 4 of the players were contracted by the national team so it made it impossible to sign any new players as they were all worth around 90k each. I've quit the game and it takes me back into the menu before selecting the team, the same amount of guys are always picked. It's a shame as it's been the best WI domestic I've done
well played

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
I'm playing the new game (purely to play as Ireland, but still do several domestic comps) and they still pull off those unbelievably impossible chases. My most recent ODD I made 395 and they chased it down with 5 overs left. And I had a ******* awesome and in form attack.

Stan8888

Team Captain
AFL Club
West Coast
Has anyone here played the 2018 version? Keen to hear some thoughts on it. It has been a while since I have played any cricket management games but I have been looking for one lately.

eth-dog

Premium Platinum
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Coburg Lions, All Boston sides
Has anyone here played the 2018 version? Keen to hear some thoughts on it. It has been a while since I have played any cricket management games but I have been looking for one lately.
Decent gameplay, costs in the respective leagues are still way too high, still have unrealistic chases.

Top Bottom