ag6858

All Australian
May 2, 2009
Sydney
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Roosters, Sydney FC, Aus cricket
Since there was a bit of talk about it in the ODI thread, I figured it would be a good idea to make a thread for game.
How's everyone going in their games?
I'm currently destroying India in the home tests, but my ODI team is on and off, getting humilated by Zimbabwe and England in the Tri-series last summer and having frequent middle-order collapses.
In domestic cricket for NSW, I've got a good, solid shield team with Kallis as the star player and a very good one-day team when I'm not playing, but woeful when I am.

I'm playing as Tassie, trying to earn the test captaincy. Steve Cazzulino is killing it (about 1500 runs last shield season) and a young leggie called Marc Simonds has become a real destroyer. I don't use Doherty or Krezja much at all (X-Do sometimes in the Ryobi Cup).

I'm completely useless at the 20/20s in the game though, if I don't bowl the opposition out I hardly ever win.

Anyone interested in an online game? I've never tried one before.

In domestic cricket for NSW, I've got a good, solid shield team with Kallis as the star player and a very good one-day team when I'm not playing, but woeful when I am.

How did you manage to score Kallis?

GCSuns#9

Debutant
Jan 16, 2013
Claremont, Tas
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
LA Clippers, Manchester United
Played this game since ICC III, anyone having trouble with the batting on 2012? Read there is a new game engine or something and would be fair to say I'm struggling a bit with it!

Played this game since ICC III, anyone having trouble with the batting on 2012? Read there is a new game engine or something and would be fair to say I'm struggling a bit with it!

What issues are you having? I can probably give you a few tips, but it is a bit tougher.

GCSuns#9

Debutant
Jan 16, 2013
Claremont, Tas
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
LA Clippers, Manchester United
What issues are you having? I can probably give you a few tips, but it is a bit tougher.

Just all batting in general pretty much! Pretty good with the bowling just seem to always be getting between 180-200 max in ODI and against a decent test team (aka South Africa England) batting just seems impossible! Guess its just going to take a bit of fiddling with the aggression and adjusting.

Just all batting in general pretty much! Pretty good with the bowling just seem to always be getting between 180-200 max in ODI and against a decent test team (aka South Africa England) batting just seems impossible! Guess its just going to take a bit of fiddling with the aggression and adjusting.

ODI's are tough, the par score in this game seems to be around 200-230 rather than up towards 300.

It's all about tailoring aggression though. Wait for the bad bowlers (part-timers, spin early if you're strong against it) and smash them, hang back with the new ball. Don't leave people too unaggressive for too long but don't ever go full aggression unless it's the last few overs of an ODI or a T20. Never worth it in tests, two bars from full aggression seems to be the best.

Oct 5, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Love this game on my ipad. I've turned the WACA into a dustbowl (lol) and play Ashton Agar and Ashton Turner in combine and annihilate most teams with spin, Turner in particular has taken about 120 wickets in 2 seasons @ 23 odd. One problem I find is that unless I'm batting first, with pitch deterioration it is hard to win FC matches... any advice there?

Also finding it difficult to produce a GOOD young quick. I've got NCN, Johnno, Duffield, Hogan and Paris, but Paris especially is not developing.

I also find t20 difficult, can get them 7 or 8 down, but even if they're chasing 50 more and I bowl outside off to a packed offside field, they ALWAYS find a way to make the runs.

Super fun game though.

Coniglio2Patton

Skoda Giants.
Jan 16, 2013
Hobart, Tasmania
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Newcastle United, Hobart Hurricanes
throwing the bat at the top of the order seems to work for me, if you lose early wickets just tone it done, i average scoring around 250 usually!

Their Aussie settings are terrible, so I usually play in England as Durham. My current first XI in FC cricket is:

Michael Di Venuto (K) (LHB)
Phil Jaques (K) (LHB)
Ben Stokes* (LHB)
Ian Blackwell (LHB/SLA)
Sean Ervine (LHB/RM)
Paul Collingwood (RHB)
Phil Mustard (LHB/WK)
Scott Borthwick (LHB/LS)
Liam Plunkett (RHB/RFM)
Dale Steyn (RHB/RF, international)
Graeme Onions (RHB/RFM)

It's a great side. My reserve is Sohail Tanvir and my T20 signing is Chris Gayle.

I generally put it as a quickies deck so Steyn/Onions/Plunkett/Tanvir have something to bowl on, and Borthwick gets wickets on it anyway. I sometimes bowl Collingwood ahead of Ervine, but it's usually Ervine

I've only got the 2010 version. Need to find a free download of the newest version

It's pretty well copy protected iirc. But if you download it you can play the full game for 3 (or maybe 4?) days for free before it cuts out. Can probably use a loophole.

I don't regret buying it tbh, good way to pass the time.

It's pretty well copy protected iirc. But if you download it you can play the full game for 3 (or maybe 4?) days for free before it cuts out. Can probably use a loophole.

I don't regret buying it tbh, good way to pass the time.

I have that version on my computer. Probably need to just buy it haha.

Have Zimbabwe as 4th in the world in tests.

That's pretty amazing. I tried playing as them but they are just awful with a couple of exceptions. I guess you just have to dig deep and train them.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
That's pretty amazing. I tried playing as them but they are just awful with a couple of exceptions. I guess you just have to dig deep and train them.

And just grind your way when batting, never going above 4 bars of aggression.

Newgen players are always too good anyway.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Played quite a bit of this on my Mac. Is there a new version still in the works? There is a fair bit that could be improved - for one the Australian domestic season to have more features like the county one.

I think there is a thread for this game already.

Do you know if there is a trail for mac? Can't find it.

And just grind your way when batting, never going above 4 bars of aggression.

Newgen players are always too good anyway.

Newgen bowlers are killer, I find batsmen aren't great. But you get some crazy spinners, like the one I got for Tassie (he might have been a rookie for them at some stage, but he hadn't played any games and I grabbed him from the seconds). Taking 5-fas at will.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Newgen bowlers are killer, I find batsmen aren't great. But you get some crazy spinners, like the one I got for Tassie (he might have been a rookie for them at some stage, but he hadn't played any games and I grabbed him from the seconds). Taking 5-fas at will.

And yeah bowlers win matches.

Whilst my batsmen just grind out innings. I either draw or win. I don't have a single batsman who goes through a season with a strike rate over 45.

Back