International Cricket Captain

Here are some young player records in my save which started after the update.

0dfb0b0c3a0e292af39e3ad49fb390c7.jpg

fbc67ca81909db060ce6266b1e29de53.jpg

ab9b513499737699a33c38924887718a.jpg

b6cdd337a12ae838a0378a179795d229.jpg

681f6a33de1510f0d57a56770e516b9f.jpg

bc37164064be9d51f294789d9500bce1.jpg

05585e12c4f8f5653a1a8e2abeb49bf5.jpg

4d7f1d01c707dc00d78751d564bc6626.jpg

d03f13219db0369965ce6587595c36fc.jpg

Bancroft and Heazlett are the gems for me. Cartwright goes alright in ODIs too. Handy late order hitter, or can hold an innings together if it's all going to s**t.

At the moment I'm trying to impove Cartwright's bowling to the point where he could be a handy 6th ODI bowler, or 5th test bowler if I'm playing on a green top.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
I can't win a one day or T20 game to save myself, especially chasing. Even with a bloke like Maxwell I can't get more than 270 runs. The only person I seem to score runs at a decent rate with is Smith, no one else can get a strike rate over 80.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
I'm going to start a new save with first class matches only, any recommendations on what line up I should run? Thinking something like:

1. Warner
2. Renshaw
3. Uzzie
4. Smith
5. Handscomb
6. Burns (he's always a gun for me, same with anyone else?)
7. ?
8. Starc
9. ?
10. Hazelwood
11. Cummins

Lyon is always putrid for me. Would also like some more overs in the top 6 but can never seem to find a gun allrounder.

Exambolor

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm going to start a new save with first class matches only, any recommendations on what line up I should run? Thinking something like:

1. Warner
2. Renshaw
3. Uzzie
4. Smith
5. Handscomb
7. ?
8. Starc
9. ?
10. Hazelwood
11. Cummins

Lyon is always putrid for me. Would also like some more overs in the top 6 but can never seem to find a gun allrounder.

For your spinner pick O'Keefe, he's been a pretty solid bowler in some of my past saves.

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Test team if you're just starting in 2016

Warner
S Marsh
Khawaja
Smith
Maxwell
Cartwright
Wade
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Bird

Shaun Marsh plays like a beast for about 3 years. Gets his average up just below 50.

Burns
Warner
S. Marsh
Smith
Voges
Khawaja
Nevill
Starc
O'Keefe/Siddle
Hazelwood
Lyon

Always a winning combo to start with for me.

Push one of the batsmen out for ODIs/T20Is (usually Burns or Khawaja), and you're set there too.

Again, it's important not to let real-life results and biases colour your judgement on players too much.

ODIs and T20Is can be a mixed bag, but Lyon is always a prolific wicket-taker for me in Tests. I tend to sim/skip most of the games though (rather than playing ball-by-ball or over-by-over), which could be the difference.

Burns
Warner
S. Marsh
Smith
Voges
Khawaja
Nevill
Starc
O'Keefe/Siddle
Hazelwood
Lyon

Push one of the batsmen out for ODIs/T20Is (usually Burns or Khawaja), and you're set there too.

Again, it's important not to let real-life results and biases colour your judgement on players too much.

ODIs and T20Is can be a mixed bag, but Lyon is always a prolific wicket-taker for me in Tests. I tend to sim/skip most of the games though (rather than playing ball-by-ball or over-by-over), which could be the difference.
My latest T20I side is as follows:

Warner
S Marsh
Lynn
Maxwell
M Marsh
Cutting
Faulkner
Whiteman
Starc
Cummins
Boyce

Always works a treat

1. Warner
2. Renshaw
3. Uzzie
4. Smith
5. Handscomb
7. ?
8. Starc
9. ?
10. Hazelwood
11. Cummins

Warner
Renshaw
Khawaja
Smith
Heazlett
Cartwright
Bancroft
Starc
Cummins
Hazlewood
Lyon

Super Hans

marcus proudson
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Managed to get a 2-2 result in India. Smith averaging 116 for the series and Haz/Bird/Lyon dominating with the ball.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Playing for the Redbacks in the late 2020s I had 14 players selected in the test squad. Crippled my team.

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
Burns
Warner
S. Marsh
Smith
Voges
Khawaja
Nevill
Starc
O'Keefe/Siddle
Hazelwood
Lyon

Yeah, forgot about Voges. He's a gun for about 2 years. I wonder if they edited him a couple weeks ago.

And I wonder if Renshaw and Handscomb have been boosted?

Anyone find batsman who are defensive, absolutely useless? No point striking at 30 runs per 100 balls in today's day n age.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
So my last series of season one is a tour of India... then the first series of season two is a tour of India. Never seen that before.

Its bullshit.

If you give them 400-450 to chase with 3 or 4 sessions in a test.. They'll get there 8 times outta 10
It was with 1 bar green on each too. I make a policy of only declaring 500 ahead or 350 with 2 sessions which is no longer safe

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Playing 15, I struggle to win a test when bowling first. Lost the first 2 tests of the Ashes by 100 runs, won the next 2 comfortably when I won the toss and batted. Final test lost the toss, they made 320 or so, then my batsmen finally fired, declared at 9/770, have England 6/261 and the ******* game froze!!! But thankfully have recovered it! Won by an innings and 87 runs!!!

Warner made 267 and White 157 putting on 336 for the 3rd wicket after Finch set the platform with 94 (69)

Last edited:
ICC, yes!

Used to play this back in the day as it was one of the few games my computer could actually run... Think it must have been ICC 2001.

Anyway over the Christmas/NY break, I saw that it's available on mobile! I thought, awesome this will be such a good time filler for the holidays!

I ended up buying 2014 cos I'm cheap and figured they're all pretty much the same anyway. I had about 7 weeks of annual leave over Summer with a lot of travel so I had heaps of time to play it. Now I'm now into season 2028, playing with Derbyshire as I used to play with them back in the day. They're probably the shittest side but it's fun to try to get them up the ranks. It's been more of a struggle in this version though... Seems OD and T20 games are really hard to to win whereas they used to be quite easy even if your FC team was rubbish. You used to be able to win the pyjama stuff easily to get more money to get better players and eventually win in FC. 2014 seems the other way around which is making it a lot harder to progress. I've been yo-yoing between Div 1 and 2. There's not many real life players left anymore, think I saw Ben Stokes in one of the teams. Maybe Ballance as well, but it's pretty much all generated players now. Early on I managed to draft 3 gun bats through the youth system that have been rocks in my middle order for about 10 seasons now. Between them they have about 35,000 FC runs. The pick of them is coming up to 50 FC tons. I tried playing with Victoria initially but the Aussie system is hugely lacking compared to the County game. So much depth playing the English domestic career with the youth development, salary management, etc.

Anyway, good times.

ICC, yes!

Used to play this back in the day as it was one of the few games my computer could actually run... Think it must have been ICC 2001.

Anyway over the Christmas/NY break, I saw that it's available on mobile! I thought, awesome this will be such a good time filler for the holidays!

I ended up buying 2014 cos I'm cheap and figured they're all pretty much the same anyway. I had about 7 weeks of annual leave over Summer with a lot of travel so I had heaps of time to play it. Now I'm now into season 2028, playing with Derbyshire as I used to play with them back in the day. They're probably the shittest side but it's fun to try to get them up the ranks. It's been more of a struggle in this version though... Seems OD and T20 games are really hard to to win whereas they used to be quite easy even if your FC team was rubbish. You used to be able to win the pyjama stuff easily to get more money to get better players and eventually win in FC. 2014 seems the other way around which is making it a lot harder to progress. I've been yo-yoing between Div 1 and 2. There's not many real life players left anymore, think I saw Ben Stokes in one of the teams. Maybe Ballance as well, but it's pretty much all generated players now. Early on I managed to draft 3 gun bats through the youth system that have been rocks in my middle order for about 10 seasons now. Between them they have about 35,000 FC runs. The pick of them is coming up to 50 FC tons. I tried playing with Victoria initially but the Aussie system is hugely lacking compared to the County game. So much depth playing the English domestic career with the youth development, salary management, etc.

Anyway, good times.
Aus system has all of the youth development, salary management, etc as of the 2015 version. 2016 version has NZ & SA domestic as well, not sure about depth though as don't personally have 16.

I still prefer 14 to 15 regardless, so you made the right choice imo.

Back