International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 23, 2008
Headed for Kirribilli House
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Norwood, Everton, Detroit Red Wings
Takes a bit of time and planning on paper to avoid clashes, but I've found a fixture editor that works for 2016. Time to end two-match series, and make 3 Test-5 ODI-3 T20I series the minimum norm.

If you can get sides like Sri Lanka, the West Indies, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe playing 12+ Tests a year, it helps their players improve quicker, and makes for a more interesting and competitive environment in world cricket. Also brings a bit more balance logical flow to the scheduling, using what I proposed in real life earlier in the summer as a base to work from.

Jun 23, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Seeing as you sim all games Damon_3388, you must be up to 2100 in some saves? How far have you actually gotten?

I usually get about 6-7 years in at most. Tend to lose a bit of interest by that point, once current players start retiring.

I have probably 30 saves I've started, with different scenarios set up and different players I'm trying to see what happens with. That's moreso what it's about for me, seeing what happens with players, rather than actually winning games. It's basically a statistical simulation for me. Sounds like a weird way to play it, and possibly not enjoyable for some, but that's how I do it. If I happen to win games with the lineups I use, it's a bonus, but I like to experiment and see how different players do when given the opportunity.

Jun 23, 2008
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Also, I'm the master of the 9 wicket draw (ie fail to get the last wicket when going for a win). Shits me too.

When the pitch is a minefield, and they're 9 down with like 15 overs to go, and somehow their tail manages to cling on for the draw.

Jan 26, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Takes a bit of time and planning on paper to avoid clashes, but I've found a fixture editor that works for 2016. Time to end two-match series, and make 3 Test-5 ODI-3 T20I series the minimum norm.

If you can get sides like Sri Lanka, the West Indies, Bangladesh and Zimbabwe playing 12+ Tests a year, it helps their players improve quicker, and makes for a more interesting and competitive environment in world cricket. Also brings a bit more balance logical flow to the scheduling, using what I proposed in real life earlier in the summer as a base to work from.

If possible could you give me a link?

I want to try just simming a proper home and away test championship.

Is it possible to fixture Ireland and Afghanistan home tests?

Jak!x

Club Legend
May 7, 2013
The Border Of Sanity
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Toronto Raptors
Does anybody have much luck with the West Indies? Tried a couple of times but they just don't seem to produce any decent players or play enough FC games to judge upon

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
Very realistic in the T20 comp, the Stars getting absolutely raped by international selection, coupled with a couple of injuries I had 12 players to pick from in the last game...

Game before that we needed about 7 an over with 7 wickets in hand, got up to 15 an over and lost by 9 runs in the end...Both batsmen maxed out but they just struggled along, one ended up 115 s/r, other got up to 150 in the end but too little, too late

Even had a run out off a free hit, luckily won that game

So yeah, this happened:

#47.png

As an aside, Theunis de Bruin is an absolute star in this. Opens in all three formats for me.

Everyone who plays international cricket is not experiencing the game to the maximum.

There is no doubt in my mind that playing with an English county side for years and years on end so that you build your own players from the ground up is the far superior way to play.
I like both.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
Travis Head has become a bloody good player for me. He was my number 6 for 8 tests, did nothing, went back and killed the shield and has been my best bastman since. Averaging 61 since I brought him back. Only negative is he gets out in the 90's a shitload.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Everyone who plays international cricket is not experiencing the game to the maximum.

There is no doubt in my mind that playing with an English county side for years and years on end so that you build your own players from the ground up is the far superior way to play.

This was my whole life when the game first came out. Nowadays I don't have the time, and maybe the patience, to get that far into the game. It's just nice to have a few brainless international saves to turn to for a series or so every now and then.

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies

I think the fact the game engine has turned to s**t since they started adding all these extra leagues is the real issue.

Super Hans

marcus proudson
10k Posts Pokemon is Life SuperCoach Club Board Championship League Member
Apr 27, 2009
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
TrailBlazers, Juventus, Raiders
The batting performance couldn't have been any different the next test. The Paki's are useless.

7gbPpLe.png

oZgAnSW.jpg

How long ago was CC2016 released? Is it still worth buying this version or is it better to wait for 2017?

Is the game actually any good? Played Cricket Coach 2014 back when that was a thing and it looked like it was the superior game compared to ICC but then the developer just stopped making it.

FullBack30

Debutant
Jul 27, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
How long ago was CC2016 released? Is it still worth buying this version or is it better to wait for 2017?

Is the game actually any good? Played Cricket Coach 2014 back when that was a thing and it looked like it was the superior game compared to ICC but then the developer just stopped making it.
Usually gets released every June/July

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies

Cricket captain 2014 was good.. 16 is trash

Hahahaha icc16 is the craziest the engines been in years..

When I had steve okeefe snare 8/70... I knew this years edition was a lil wonky

Odis still impossible to win

No the engine is perfect, it just predicted the future. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back