International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes! I just won the county championship in my Derbyshire save. It only took me 14 seasons but I took those bunch of scrubs from absolute trash to the best team in the country!

Unbelievable come back as well. After 8 games I was 2-2-4 sitting 3rd last, then suddenly all my batsmen went on a tear (bowlers were already doing well). Won the next 8 games in a row to storm home to first place.

I'm wondering now whether I should try for the triple crown in one season or start a new save (don't really like playing t20 or OD anyway). The game crashes fairly often now so I'm thinking my save file might be getting too big/corrupted so I'm tending towards a new save. Or maybe trying out ICC15 as it seems there's some good features added in that version.

Wow that's epic. Which county team did you do?
I've done it with several. The most successful triple crown was with Yorkshire, went 13-1-2 and 290-ish points, while only losing 1 T20 game and 2 OD games. Best one (in terms of taking a s**t team and getting the treble) was with Gloucestershire, went 10-3-3 and lost 3 OD and T20 games.

I've done it with several. The most successful triple crown was with Yorkshire, went 13-1-2 and 290-ish points, while only losing 1 T20 game and 2 OD games. Best one (in terms of taking a s**t team and getting the treble) was with Gloucestershire, went 10-3-3 and lost 3 OD and T20 games.
Nice.

I remember back in ICC2004 or whatever I managed the triple crown with Derby but in that version, limited over comps were super easy to win. In 2014 I find them much harder to win (and play successfully) so I've mostly been simming them. Now my squad is a fair bit better maybe I try to actually play them.

Little off topic but anyone got the new Don Bradman game?

I've played it in the last week and all I can say it's like the developers took everything that made 14 good and removed it. The mechanics have gone backwards, the animation is arcade-y and most irritatingly so many bugs.

Going back to 14. Just when cricket looked like it was breaking ground into the console market.........:thumbsdown:

Everyone who plays international cricket is not experiencing the game to the maximum.

There is no doubt in my mind that playing with an English county side for years and years on end so that you build your own players from the ground up is the far superior way to play.

I haven't done this yet, any reason why it's better than playing Sheffield Shield with your state side?

Jake Lehmann is really good in this game. Takes a while to find his place but when he hits that 27 year old or so mark..

Just had an OD game where we made 425. Aaron Finch made 187* and his opening partnership with Luke Wright was 295.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hopefully it has Afghanistan and Ireland as test nations.

If the do, I hope they also include some kind of built-in schedule editor, so that we can give some of the lesser nations more frequent and longer series than they get in real life.

There's a fan-made one I've used in the past, but it's super-tedious to adjust it all and avoid clashes and overlaps between series.

From Facebook on 24/06/2017:
Coming 6th July to Steam, iOS*, Mac* and Android.

With the most significant expansion of domestic teams in its history, Cricket Captain returns for 2017 with 130 playable domestic teams across 8 countries. It’s time for cricket fans to put their tactical expertise to the test in the number one cricket management game.

Developed in association with Jimmy Anderson, Cricket Captain 2017 features new twenty-over leagues in West Indies, South Africa, Pakistan, and Bangladesh. This year’s edition also includes full West Indies and Pakistan domestic leagues.

Cricket Captain is unrivalled in cricket management simulation, and Cricket Captain 2017 improves the series once again with more statistics (including ground records and international versus records), updated interface, refined match engine, improved player generation and all the attention to detail that is the trademark of the series.

Key features for 2017 include:
• 3 new domestic systems, all major global 20 over leagues: Play in 20 over leagues from; India, England, Australia, West Indies, Pakistan, South Africa, Bangladesh, and New Zealand.
• Ground Records: Individual, Team, and Partnership Records for over 130 grounds for First Class, One Day and 20 over.
• International Versus Records: Individual, Team, and Partnership Records for all 10 Test playing nations in Test Match, ODI and International 20 Over.
• New Grounds: Four new modelled grounds: Cardiff, Taunton, Bristol and Hobart. Updated ground models for existing grounds.
• Historical Scenarios: England vs South Africa 2003, 1998 and England vs West Indies 1995, 1984 and 1957.
• New database: With improved player ability and player type accuracy.
• Pakistan Domestic: Play as one of 16 domestic teams and 6 franchise 20-over sides in the debut for Pakistan domestic in Cricket Captain.
• West Indies Domestic: 12 playable teams over domestic and franchise systems.
• Bangladesh 20 Over: 8 playable 20 over teams.
• South African 20 Over: New 20 over league in South Africa.
• Updated English Domestic season: With 8 teams in Division 1 and Durham’s points deductions across all competitions.
• Updated interface: With an updated look for 2017.
• Updated Tournament Modes: including the 2017 Champions Trophy.
• New Achievements

* pending Apple approval
I like the expanded domestic options a lot :thumbsu:

Hopefully it has Afghanistan and Ireland as test nations.

I would imagine it would be too close to release for them to add it in this year. Shame, I'd definitely sink hours into trying to get one of those two up the rankings.

From Facebook on 27/06/2017:
There were some queries about Ireland and Afghanistan being playable as Test teams in Career mode, this was only announced five days ago, so not enough time for us to add them in to Cricket Captain 2017 and debug all aspects of International teams. There haven't been any announced Test fixtures for them yet and it's unlikely they'll play a Test match until 2018. Maybe a one-off for Ireland against England next year?

Love cricket captain, just a great game. Currently playing a career with England. Dawid Malan is an absolute gun on the game averages 65 in test cricket from 15 matches. In my other NSW domestic career Stephen O Keefe is a freak. Takes wickets consistently. Any players you guys have found to be good on the game?

The engine is the same for mine, haven't noticed any real upgrades. Trying a Hampshire save and they are god awful.
Keen to try the new leagues, but the game looks like an roster upgrade rather than a new game tbh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back