International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't remember if I have ever played an edition of this where 4 games didn't come down to one side declaring 220 ahead at tea on the last day hoping to fluke bowling the oppo out
I generally chase it too... And fail

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
Can't remember if I have ever played an edition of this where 4 games didn't come down to one side declaring 220 ahead at tea on the last day hoping to fluke bowling the oppo out
I find no matter how big a target you set them to chase on day 5... they will chase it down 90% of the time.

s**t once i set them like 450 to win, declared with a session left on day 4.. they chased it down, losing like 4 wickets along the way smh

I find no matter how big a target you set them to chase on day 5... they will chase it down 90% of the time.

s**t once i set them like 450 to win, declared with a session left on day 4.. they chased it down, losing like 4 wickets along the way smh

:thumbsu:

I reckon 90% of games are

Me - bat first 3/190 - all out 260 early Day 2
Them - 6/120 - all out 350-400 lunch Day 3
Me - 4/280 halfway through Day 4 working out the risk/return ratio of declaring

Then - if i leave it to late I'll have them like 5/60, but if I go too early they'll win losing 1 wicket

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
:thumbsu:

I reckon 90% of games are

Me - bat first 3/190 - all out 260 early Day 2
Them - 6/120 - all out 350-400 lunch Day 3
Me - 4/280 halfway through Day 4 working out the risk/return ratio of declaring

Then - if i leave it to late I'll have them like 5/60, but if I go too early they'll win losing 1 wicket
LMAOOOO spot on really...

it's a shame... the match engine was probably at its peak for ICC06. when they started introducing t20s and different leagues the match engine just started getting so predictable imo

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
So I just had a weird bug in the game. Playing in the West Indies domestic league. 2021 season and I have the minimum 18 players on my list. I had 13 of the 18 selected into a test squAd and couldn't advance the game. Only 4 of the players were contracted by the national team so it made it impossible to sign any new players as they were all worth around 90k each. I've quit the game and it takes me back into the menu before selecting the team, the same amount of guys are always picked. It's a shame as it's been the best WI domestic I've done

Apr 1, 2007
Vic
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
West Indies
So I just had a weird bug in the game. Playing in the West Indies domestic league. 2021 season and I have the minimum 18 players on my list. I had 13 of the 18 selected into a test squAd and couldn't advance the game. Only 4 of the players were contracted by the national team so it made it impossible to sign any new players as they were all worth around 90k each. I've quit the game and it takes me back into the menu before selecting the team, the same amount of guys are always picked. It's a shame as it's been the best WI domestic I've done
well played

I'm playing the new game (purely to play as Ireland, but still do several domestic comps) and they still pull off those unbelievably impossible chases. My most recent ODD I made 395 and they chased it down with 5 overs left. And I had a ******* awesome and in form attack.

Stan8888

Team Captain
Nov 27, 2004
AFL Club
West Coast
Has anyone here played the 2018 version? Keen to hear some thoughts on it. It has been a while since I have played any cricket management games but I have been looking for one lately.

Has anyone here played the 2018 version? Keen to hear some thoughts on it. It has been a while since I have played any cricket management games but I have been looking for one lately.
Decent gameplay, costs in the respective leagues are still way too high, still have unrealistic chases.

Back to back ODIs in the 2018 game (2020 season). Yeah against Zims, but still....
0bf53b2026191e99605b781e82eff01b.jpg

bd8cdca98e3c6d294fdd401f67b7f635.jpg
Stoinis also took 4/10 in the 2nd game and is currently on top of the world ODI bowling rankings with a score of 1007 (put in perspective, Bradman’s highest ever batting rank score was 961)

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
anyone else still playing this? Need some tips on how not to go for 5+ and over in a test match. It’s ridiculous. Pant from India in a 4 game series just scored 900+ runs with a strike rate of 88. Im nearly over it.

anyone else still playing this? Need some tips on how not to go for 5+ and over in a test match. It’s ridiculous. Pant from India in a 4 game series just scored 900+ runs with a strike rate of 88. Im nearly over it.
This update is terrible. Aggressive players for the opposition get 100 off 130 and ones for the user get 30 off 20. And defensive players are useless.

SS3840

Debutant
Mar 9, 2018
Morwell
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Calgary Flames, Toronto Raptors
I'm cheap and haven't bought a version since 2013 (plus my computer is a PoS), which I still play from time to time (usually when I'm bored, or remember I actually have the game). Anyways, as Australia, I've gone with Tom Triffitt as my wicket keeper, and in 11 matches (admittedly, only 12 innings, 4 of which have been not outs), he's averaging 56 with the bat. But the bigger shock is Jon Holland having 202 test wickets at an average of just under 17.

EDIT: As I was typing this, my PC crashed (Like I said, it's a PoS).. and got an unrecognised format upon trying to resume the game..

Snake Charmer

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 11, 2011
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Minnesota Timberwolves
I'm cheap and haven't bought a version since 2013 (plus my computer is a PoS), which I still play from time to time (usually when I'm bored, or remember I actually have the game). Anyways, as Australia, I've gone with Tom Triffitt as my wicket keeper, and in 11 matches (admittedly, only 12 innings, 4 of which have been not outs), he's averaging 56 with the bat. But the bigger shock is Jon Holland having 202 test wickets at an average of just under 17.

EDIT: As I was typing this, my PC crashed (Like I said, it's a PoS).. and got an unrecognised format upon trying to resume the game..
Tom Triffitt lol. I had nearly forgotten about him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back