International Cricket Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Been hard to justify spending any money on this game since the start of the decade really. It'd be worth considering if they just offered a cheaper DLC every year rather than a "new game" for the same price if not more than the year prior. There hasn't been enough changes year-to-year to justify buying the game each year. In saying that, people still do, so all power to the developers, I guess.

Been hard to justify spending any money on this game since the start of the decade really. It'd be worth considering if they just offered a cheaper DLC every year rather than a "new game" for the same price if not more than the year prior. There hasn't been enough changes year-to-year to justify buying the game each year. In saying that, people still do, so all power to the developers, I guess.

It's like $25 for the new version each year. It's not really an expensive full priced game. Even if it is essentially just a roster update/ratings tweak, I always end up getting my money's worth I feel.

It's like $25 for the new version each year. It's not really an expensive full priced game. Even if it is essentially just a roster update/ratings tweak, I always end up getting my money's worth I feel.
Fair enough. Could have sworn it was more expensive. Maybe I thought that because the mobile app is like $16. I personally don't think it's worth it for the same game with different ratings, but get why you do.

Just guess I've got bored of it seeing as there's been no major changes for years.

Tom Triffitt lol. I had nearly forgotten about him

He played a game of seconds in my concrete cricket league down here last season for sheets 😳

Alright, it’s offical. I ******* hate this game. How can you go for 5-6 an over every ******* test? Blokes who had 1 century in 20 tests making 200 ball 200s. Piece of s**t game, used to be a really good one.

Picked up the latest ICC yesterday, on a whim noticed a kid called Kerr was making his real life FC debut for NSW and on the game he's an Opening bat/fast medium all rounder. Decided to pick him in the opening series, a 5 x t20 series, I never pick my first squad for t20s for fear of ruining their form. Anyway he made 230 runs across the 5 games with 3 x 50s, HS 79, and took 11 poles. In the One day series he scored 145 runs in 3 digs and took 8 poles. Maybe one to look out for in the game.

Picked up the latest ICC yesterday, on a whim noticed a kid called Kerr was making his real life FC debut for NSW and on the game he's an Opening bat/fast medium all rounder. Decided to pick him in the opening series, a 5 x t20 series, I never pick my first squad for t20s for fear of ruining their form. Anyway he made 230 runs across the 5 games with 3 x 50s, HS 79, and took 11 poles. In the One day series he scored 145 runs in 3 digs and took 8 poles. Maybe one to look out for in the game.

Worth picking up or is it just a reskin?

Anyone double cricketing? I just downloaded last night out of curiosity. Seems they have improved the game a little

Haha, well done to the game developers, they were right, Kerr CAN play in real life. Has been good for me in the game too. After 20 or so ODIs is averaging 37 with the stick and 28 with the ball. One of the first picked in my ODI side so I no longer play him in the t20s for fear of him losing form.

Annoyingly never plays FC in the game so I can’t get a gauge on him as a test prospect. I’d just wing it and pick him, but I’ve got Green in there averaging 41 and 30 so would be hard to fit him in...although I did manage to fit another all rounder in last test I played...

The all rounder I mentioned in my previous post was...Beau Webster! All the quick bowlers in the country seemed to be out of form horribly or injured and my batsmen horribly out of touch so I decided to prepare a spinning wicket and back Lyon in against South Africa. I happened to notice Webster was in 5 star form with the ball and coming off a shield ton, so picked him as second tweaker. Have a look at these pictures...just when you thought you’ve seen it all in this game Beau Webster ends up doing this on test debut!

Attachments

• 3DCCEF8A-5D15-4F5D-89BD-EED327385384.jpeg
    3DCCEF8A-5D15-4F5D-89BD-EED327385384.jpeg
    862.5 KB · Views: 72
  • D6F54D7A-5F38-432F-BE19-FF5A1A77BC0E.jpeg
    D6F54D7A-5F38-432F-BE19-FF5A1A77BC0E.jpeg
    946.4 KB · Views: 72
  • F8E7D720-9838-46E3-BE52-23D05D85CD79.jpeg
    F8E7D720-9838-46E3-BE52-23D05D85CD79.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 72

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone double cricketing? I just downloaded last night out of curiosity. Seems they have improved the game a little
Whats improved i have basically every version from 2006 to 2018 but haven't worried about since.

I actually like Cricket Coach 2014 you can set your own schedule and create your own FTP for a 4 year cycle. And during the game can organise a test, ODI, T20 series if another country is available and agrees to it.

Also save your scorecards are a lot better and have an alamanack at end of each season if you want to download it.

I reckon if cricket captain had that ability where you could amend and create extra series in your career when viable would be awesome. Obivously the World Cups cant be moved.

But that was one of my frustation when switching back to cricket captain you are stuck in a set schedule and sometimes dont play teams for 6 years and for example never play South Africa in ODIs at home from 2015-2017 version i think.

Gotta love this game. Somehow chase down 435 on a minefield, bloke gets 205* opening and...

Screenshot_20230329-110755.png

No MOTM

Gotta love this game. Somehow chase down 435 on a minefield, bloke gets 205* opening and...

View attachment 1643212

No MOTM
this game really hasn't helped itself with graphics/user interface over time. was there a follow on there? who knows.

still sure the best version of the game was 2011 - everything was much nicer
0224.jpg

this game really hasn't helped itself with graphics/user interface over time. was there a follow on there? who knows.

still sure the best version of the game was 2011 - everything was much nicer
0224.jpg
Agreed. Still play this one from time to time (but have to limit myself; its like crack).

Whats improved i have basically every version from 2006 to 2018 but haven't worried about since.

I actually like Cricket Coach 2014 you can set your own schedule and create your own FTP for a 4 year cycle. And during the game can organise a test, ODI, T20 series if another country is available and agrees to it.

Also save your scorecards are a lot better and have an alamanack at end of each season if you want to download it.

I reckon if cricket captain had that ability where you could amend and create extra series in your career when viable would be awesome. Obivously the World Cups cant be moved.

But that was one of my frustation when switching back to cricket captain you are stuck in a set schedule and sometimes dont play teams for 6 years and for example never play South Africa in ODIs at home from 2015-2017 version i think.

The bloke who made it has been making a new version for ages now, but no release date in sight.

I have the 2021 mobile game which I play on and off. It's good fun to pass the time. I do wish there was a more immersive cricket game being made. Don Bradman 14 was a big step in the right direction with the career mode option which I enjoyed a lot. It changed cricket games being way too easy to hit a boundary off every ball in generic matches where you control the whole team. But that was almost a decade ago. I think there's huge potential for this sport in the gaming world but it's still years behind in how the game engine works, the animations of bowlers especially and storyline narratives.

I gave up on this game a while back. Still have one of the versions on my iPad but I feel like it’s so geared towards fast and high scoring. Did my head in going for 450 in a day against India or England.

I gave up on this game a while back. Still have one of the versions on my iPad but I feel like it’s so geared towards fast and high scoring. Did my head in going for 450 in a day against India or England.
I was going to ask if anyone else had this experience. Not sure if the PC versions are the same, but aggressive, and especially very aggressive batters, seem to be way, way too overpowered in the newer editions of the game. That, and spin bowlers are useless for the most part. I found you pretty much have to play a capable bowling all-rounder.

On the point of it being too geared towards aggressive play, I hate setting the opposition (particularly at international level) 500-odd on a day 4 pitch and then having them come out and chase it down at about 5 runs per over and having only lost about 6 wickets.

Still waste quite a bit of time on the game, but wish the developer would fix those issues.

I have the 2021 mobile game which I play on and off. It's good fun to pass the time. I do wish there was a more immersive cricket game being made. Don Bradman 14 was a big step in the right direction with the career mode option which I enjoyed a lot. It changed cricket games being way too easy to hit a boundary off every ball in generic matches where you control the whole team. But that was almost a decade ago. I think there's huge potential for this sport in the gaming world but it's still years behind in how the game engine works, the animations of bowlers especially and storyline narratives.
I haven't had time to play Cricket 22 too much, but I've put a lot of hours into Cricket 19, and I thought that was excellent as far as cricket games go.

Big Ant have done such a good job with it, I'm going to be making sure I buy the upcoming footy game for a few younger relatives to support them (only have a Nintendo Switch myself).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back