International Development

Remove this Banner Ad

The heart pumps blood. The brain understands emotion.
I admire the thousands of people who have taken Australian Football into their life
outside of Australia.

Yes, of course. The world is full of open-minded people with love in their hearts willing to try new things.

Last edited:
Yes, of course. The world is full of open-minded people with love in their hearts willing to try new things.

No, but people are people everywhere and there is no reason why the people of the world cannot come to love Australian Football as Australians do.
Even though we make a statement like "Australians love Australian Football", the reality is not all Australians love Australian Football or do follow another sport.
Where people are free to make a choice w.r.t. sports then often they will choose Australian Football.
The problem is, that for various reasons, people around the world (and even in parts of Australia) people do not a free choice.
There are many reasons for that - historic, economic, spatial etc.
When people do discover Australian Football (overseas) it is often with a passion that surpasses that of Australians.

jarrod_island_doggies mate, just a bit long for mine, and being broken up into a couple of parts would've been good. Again, though, good stuff.

Fair enough Aucklander - it was a bit of a saga! I think because I left plenty on the cutting room floor and it took a while to collate I just wanted to get it out into the world and shared! I try not to put out pieces over 2,000 words unless necessary; probably should have done the same this time!

Thanks for the support and glad you enjoyed it :thumbsu:

Fair enough Aucklander - it was a bit of a saga! I think because I left plenty on the cutting room floor and it took a while to collate I just wanted to get it out into the world and shared! I try not to put out pieces over 2,000 words unless necessary; probably should have done the same this time!

Thanks for the support and glad you enjoyed it :thumbsu:
Well its about time we had a look at footy in Europe so despite all the problems of 2020/2021 it continues to tick over per AFL Europe.
AFL Europe is conducting Championships soon.
Here is some promotion material of the event
With an exciting new location for the 2023 Champions League, final preparations are underway amongst all teams fighting to become champions of Europe in Paris, France. 15 men’s teams and 9 women’s teams will battle it out in their respective competition formats across five pitches at Parc du Tremblay on Saturday April 1st, which is this weekend.
In what is set to be a massive day for all teams across Europe, UK and Ireland.
It appears that the game has stabilised somewhat after the Covid virus swept through the continent.

Speaking of the AFL I wonder what the new CEO`s attitude will be to overseas footy. Will more money go into the International Footy pot.
There are several International Leagues that appear to be quite well established for the future so that is a huge positive.

Bumping this after the huge results from the South Pacific boys recently against both the Gold Coast and Brisbane Academy sides. This was the second time a Talent Camp has been held featuring selected U17 male and female players from PNG, Nauru, Vanuatu, Fiji and pleasingly this time Tonga. The girls tried hard but were ultimately up against far more skilled and drilled teams...however, the lads bested the Suns by a couple of goals before steamrolling the highly fancied Lions by 32 points! This time last year they put in a valiant but unsuccessful effort against GC and were smashed by Brisbane. Exciting times for the region!

:thumbsu: lets home some islanders make it into the AFL
There apears to be no shortage of talent, just a shortage of pathways
Fiji has always been seen as big on potential and I don't doubt that may yet be the case, but keep an eye on Tonga. Well run, broad (relatively speaking) local societal engagement and motivated admin with a growing talent pool

Remove this Banner Ad

Back