Travel International Flight

Remove this Banner Ad

Someone has to be last. They can;t open up the side of the plane and magically march everyone on board side-by-side.

The people that take on board more than 1 carry-on luggage should check that s**t in to be stowed below or suffer by putting it at their feet. Why should the ones near the end have to suffer cause some clowns are trying to hog all the overhead compartments?
I just try and get on early so u don't have the problem, and will stow my bag, laptop case and duty free in the overhead. Economy class is every man for himself as far as I'm concerned

Then there are the pricks who, upon boarding, put their bags in one of the overhead lockers at the front, then walk down to the back to their seat, and when disembarking, they just push past everyone to get their bag down the front and out the door ...

I cant believe what some people get away with bringing on board. Some bags were almost as big as my check in luggage and struggled to fit in the overhead.

This. Airports and air travel are shithouse.

Literally have no idea how someone could enjoy being herded like cattle through an airport then sit in a shitty seat for 22 hours.

I love travelling, but flying is awful.
Might I suggest Googling Louis CK's comments regarding people who complain about air travel. :)

Actually if yiu have paid for your flight by a major credit card you may not need this. I use my citibank Visa nd it includes free travel insurance - i have not bouight travel insurance for about 10 years and saved thousands - check with your card company
The question is, have you made any claims and did the supplied insurance cover your needs adequately? I've often heard that the coverage you get via 'credit card travel insurance' is pretty poor compared to what you get by buying direct from an insurance company.

I just try and get on early so u don't have the problem, and will stow my bag, laptop case and duty free in the overhead. Economy class is every man for himself as far as I'm concerned

That's not the proper etiquitte for traveling on board a plane, lets not kid ourselves here. Actually it's a wonder how people manage to get on board a plane with so many things that seems to go over the restrictions. Isn't it normally one bit of hand luggage per person?

That's not the proper etiquitte for traveling on board a plane, lets not kid ourselves here. Actually it's a wonder how people manage to get on board a plane with so many things that seems to go over the restrictions. Isn't it normally one bit of hand luggage per person?
Surely that's up to the flighties to police. They sell duty free on the other side of customs, what are you supposed to do with it?

Not sure if I've mentioned it in this thread, but this annoys me so much. On my flight home from Nairobi, I sat in the lounge and waited for mg section to be called. I arrived on board to find a majority of people around me had already boarded and there was no more room in the overheads (of course, there would be plenty of room if everyone stuck to the size and item limit). When I asked an attendant, she replied "well sir, that is a big bag, you may have to stow it under your seat". Granted it was big for a backpack (had all my camera gear), but there was no way I was having it under my seat. I ended up putting it in a cupboard near the toilets. I just can't believe the size of some people's carry on. It is almost as big as my actual luggage. Then they carry a laptop bag, and if it is a female (no offense, just doesn't really apply to males) they have their handbag too!

Put at least one of those bags underneath the seat in front of you.

Sorry matt, but this is it. And for the reason donsman pointed out as well, when they call people seated in rows 1-20 for example to start boarding, 75% of the people get up and start to que anyway. Or, they're queuing already before they're called upon. I only ever have a standard backpack on me and never buy duty free (it's overpriced IMO), but there has been plenty of times i've had to look around for a spot to put my bag and been lucky to find a spot for it. Once i couldn't find a spot for my backpack and was told by the attendant to put it under my seat because apparently i was holding people up, was quite lucky the seat next to me was empty so i could put my backpack under that chair, otherwise i would have mentioned how i felt about people carrying on too much s**t.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, on those hour long flights it's even more ridiculous. I think people reckon they're sitting in their armchair at home. On one flight, people hadn't even finished boarding and this woman in front of me dropped her seat back. :mad:

I scared the crap out of some little Malaysian lady on my flight from KL to Frankfurt. And I didn't even really mean to. The meal service came around and she hadn't put her seat back upright when I was trying to eat. So I reached around and tapped her on the shoulder and politely but firmly said "Could you put your seat up please. I'm trying to eat." Her eyes got real big and she whipped that seat up and then it never came back down for the next ten hours of the flight.:D

Looking at booking return flights MELB-NY for Aug/Sep this year. Have seen Delta/Virgin/Qantas flights between $1,300-$1,600ish. Can anybody give me a bit of feedback on the airlines & their services?

Looking at booking return flights MELB-NY for Aug/Sep this year. Have seen Delta/Virgin/Qantas flights between $1,300-$1,600ish. Can anybody give me a bit of feedback on the airlines & their services?

I reckon VAus and Delta the best. Qantas would be a long way down, I flew on the A380 and had the worst flight possible, now Im only 6'1, about average and the leg room was shocking, I measured it with my hand span and had my thumb touching my seat and my little finger could touch the seat in front when they put it back, no s**t.

If anyone wanted to get out of their seat during the flight, the whole row had to literally get out of their seat to let them out. And the plane was so messy, walking up and down the aisles during the night, your feet barely touch the ground, between orange juice cups, pretzel packets and muffins it was just a disgrace, while all the staff were below doing what they do in their bunker. Ive never had another international flight so bad that I had to write in a complaint (which of course got the usual response).

And if that wasn't bad enough, about half way through I was getting stomach cramps, which at the time I didn't know as never had it before from being crouched over in the seat for so long. The pain was up there with the worst Ive ever experienced, like a sharp knife going in your stomach every few minutes, and didnt go away until about 24 hours later. Was excruciating.

So yeh, I wouldnt go Qantas.

I've only flown Qantas to the States (5 return trips) and I can't say I've had an experience that's left a bad taste in my mouth.

Just came back from the Philippines, airports over there are a special kind of chaos - though not as chaotic as road traffic in Manila. Plus their reginal airports are fairly dodge. Just so you know.

I had a nine hour delay in Manila airport once. Longest nine hours of my life.

I had a nine hour delay in Manila airport once. Longest nine hours of my life.

Couldnt be any worse than LAX- THE WORLDS WORST AIRPORT*, and what makes it worse is you think oh yeh, LA airport for a few hours, have a look around, after all it's one of the busiest airports in America. I dont think so! I feel sorry for anyone having to spend more than an hour in that dump, and even sorrier for anyone checking in early!

*Havent been to every airport in the world by the way

Couldnt be any worse than LAX- THE WORLDS WORST AIRPORT*, and what makes it worse is you think oh yeh, LA airport for a few hours, have a look around, after all it's one of the busiest airports in America. I dont think so! I feel sorry for anyone having to spend more than an hour in that dump, and even sorrier for anyone checking in early!

*Havent been to every airport in the world by the way
Try a 5 hour delay in Nairobi then get back to me.

Qantas have pretty good entertainment, but I'd assume most airlines are the same

You won't run out of movies on qantas

a380 has easily been the best plane I've been on. I'm 6ft and was fairly comfortable, more than any other planes

I hate seat reclining ediquette, it's just something you have to put up with. I'll sometimes half recline on a longhaul but never on a domestic

Remove this Banner Ad

Back