International Football General Talk Thread

What are you most looking forward to from the first international break of the season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The first international break of the season is here. Salvation at last! I wasn't sure how much more club football I could put up with but thankfully the long wait is over and the real stuff is here.

Ever since the Euros finished, this is what we've all been waiting for. There's something special about the first international fixtures of a new season because anything is still possible, no dreams are dead.
Can San Marino qualify for the World Cup? Will Scotland win a game? You try telling their fans they can't.

By golly it's good to be back.

Fryer Tuck said:
Have at it!

The first international break of the season is here. Salvation at last! I wasn't sure how much more club football I could put up with but thankfully the long wait is over and the real stuff is here.

Ever since the Euros finished, this is what we've all been waiting for. There's something special about the first international fixtures of a new season because anything is still possible, no dreams are dead.
Can San Marino qualify for the World Cup? Will Scotland win a game? You try telling their fans they can't.

By golly it's good to be back.
YES! This is what I'm talking about, the real stuff begins for real! None of this stupid domestic club football bullcrap. I mean Barcalona and Madrid with money? They should be using it to fix the Spanish economy, not to use it to buy players at ludicrous prices... what the hell is that crap?! Players should represent the region they have a birthright or citizenship in. Bilabo's got the right idea, everyone else should be binned. What you end up getting is billionaires playing the so called 'best' against the 'best,' moving clubs because someone offered a 1% increase in wages. That is bull crap right there. I want to see Castillians take on Catalonians, I don't want to see Argentine, Brazilians, and Uruguayans represent Catalonia in a disgraceful display of money. This is not what Catalonians want, they want pure Catalonians for Catalonia!

Same in the Premier League, for a country so against immigrants, they got some Bosnik-Croat dock worker coming over there to represent Greater Manchester... I thought Greater Mancunians were prouder than that? Disgraceful! Kids should be proud to represent Yorkshire, not to represent an area of London they have no hope of ever being a part of unless they get a very high position in the business world.

I demand that people should give club football a right old clubbing, and demand that they return to its proper roots! To represent their region of origin. That way, us Victorians can show our superior sporting pedigree over those barmy Baverians. See what it feels like to actually get challenged!

So #giveclubfootballaclubbing , for the good of the game!

Tis the start of the hunt for World Cup Glory! 54 Euro nations (the 55th is hosting it) means we get 9 even groups of 6 teams. And as noted, anything can happen! I look forward to seeing some quality international football and excitment for all! (Please let Jamaica get through and knock Canada and the US out of North American Qualifying, please please please.)

Also, Estonia v Malta? That's just a lame friendly, the true marquee match is Andorra v Latvia, ya donk.

That was a 1-1 finish. Zenjov got the wannabe Nordics up before Effiong equalised in less than 2 mins later after a shocking clearance from Baranov led to a rather fancy finish for the Maltese goal.

Here are the highlights in watching these two heavy weights in action:

Also, it feels just a bit weird for just the one qualifying match to be played this break... sigh.

Saw a bit of Germanys game. Ozil had a shot that may have ended up as an own goal.

Also Bastian played his last game and was applauded off. Some random fan ran on the pitch and took a selfie with him and security did f all about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

England lineup gets leaked days before the game again. This s**t has got to stop..
I thought Woy was doing this to make sure media went easy on him ,but now it happens under Big Sam.

Back