International Summer of Cricket 2021/22

Remove this Banner Ad

The Adelaide game also only had 16000 which is way less than what they usually get.
You're making my point for me now. Even a poor Adelaide crowd (which was well over 17k) is way better than what you can get in Hobart on a good day. It's nothing against Hobart but
they simply don't have the population to justify consistent scheduling of international matches there.

You're making my point for me now. Even a poor Adelaide crowd (which was well over 17k) is way better than what you can get in Hobart on a good day. It's nothing against Hobart but
Hobart used to get 15000 regularly in the past,I'm just saying if Adelaide has dropped a lot on the past then Hobart will be the same thing.

Do people know whether the Australia vs Afghanistan test in Hobart will be going ahead?... I'm hearing reports that it may be cancelled which would be a big shame for Hobart if true.

Afghanistan has already had to postpone their upcoming ODI Super League series against Pakistan scheduled for early September. Not looking good that they'll be able to play any cricket any time soon.

In an ideal world for CA, England would agree to replace Afghanistan and make the Ashes a 6-Test series. That's probably the least likely option though.

Last edited:
Anyone know if the Windies next summer is 2 or 3 tests? If it's two maybe they could come out here instead of Afghanistan. You could extend next years South Africa series to 4 games.

Anyone know if the Windies next summer is 2 or 3 tests? If it's two maybe they could come out here instead of Afghanistan. You could extend next years South Africa series to 4 games.
It's 2. That's not going to happen though. Too much of a turnaround from the T20 WC. We are not playing 7 tests in one summer and CA will want to play more than 4 tests next summer.

Due to COVID it looks like the Sydney and Melbourne Women's Internationals will be rescheduled. This is what I would be doing if I was CA.

First ODI- 19th September (originally for NSO. I would relocate this match to UTAS Stadium in Launceston)
Second ODI- 22nd September (originally for Junction Oval. I would relocate this match to Blundstone Arena in Hobart)
Third ODI- 24th September (originally for Junction Oval. I would also relocate this match to Blundstone Arena)

Test match as scheduled in Perth at the WACA from the 30th of September

T20s- 7th October, 9th October, 11th October (originally for NSO, I would relocate these three matches to Metricon Stadium on the Gold Coast)

Due to COVID it looks like the Sydney and Melbourne Women's Internationals will be rescheduled. This is what I would be doing if I was CA.

First ODI- 19th September (originally for NSO. I would relocate this match to UTAS Stadium in Launceston)
Second ODI- 22nd September (originally for Junction Oval. I would relocate this match to Blundstone Arena in Hobart)
Third ODI- 24th September (originally for Junction Oval. I would also relocate this match to Blundstone Arena)
Yeah we heard you the first time.
Hmm international cricket in Tasmania in September, somehow I think perhaps not.

What is your alternative then?
Adelaide or Perth or behind closed doors in Sydney. Basically the same stuff I mentioned the last time you brought it up.

Maybe the Gold Coast, which you didn't mention last time, but I'm not sure if that falls into the same category of undesirability for broadcasters like Tas and Nth Qld.

Adelaide or Perth or behind closed doors in Sydney. Basically the same stuff I mentioned the last time you brought it up.

Maybe the Gold Coast, which you didn't mention last time, but I'm not sure if that falls into the same category of undesirability for broadcasters like Tas and Nth Qld.
Sydney has covid. There is no chance games are played there. Adelaide to WA at the moment you need to quarantine so that is why I left them out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Derrr Tokyo has covid. There is no chance the Olympics could be held there.

I guess it's easier to just mash thumbs down than taking a second to think. Plans that are made today could be off the table tomorrow, not very hard to imagine a scenario where new developments occur and CA has to turn to the NSW govt to save tours again, like last summer.

Do people know whether the Australia vs Afghanistan test in Hobart will be going ahead?... I'm hearing reports that it may be cancelled which would be a big shame for Hobart if true.
I'm pretty sure it's going ahead. CA had factored it into its selection for the WT20, as it somewhat clashes schedule wise. Haven't heard anything about it being cancelled just yet.

Afghanistan has already had to postpone their upcoming ODI Super League series against Pakistan scheduled for early September. Not looking good that they'll be able to play any cricket any time soon.

In an ideal world for CA, England would agree to replace Afghanistan and make the Ashes a 6-Test series. That's probably the least likely option though.
There's some serious work to be done to get England to come here at the scheduled time as it is. They won't be coming and playing a Test almost overlapping with the T20 world titles.

Updates for India women's tour, pending government approval

3 ODIs starting Sep 21 - Mackay
D/N Test & 3 T20Is - Carrara

Quite a steal for Harrup Park if it gets up. My understanding is the broadcast facilities there are thoroughly inadequate (I know squillions are being spent on an upgrade, but don't think it's happened yet).

Slight worry that Test cricket at Metricon Stadium could lead to another bat-a-thon, but even so I can think of worse places to spend four days in early spring.

Updates for India women's tour, pending government approval

3 ODIs starting Sep 21 - Mackay
D/N Test & 3 T20Is - Carrara

Quite a steal for Harrup Park if it gets up. My understanding is the broadcast facilities there are thoroughly inadequate (I know squillions are being spent on an upgrade, but don't think it's happened yet).

Slight worry that Test cricket at Metricon Stadium could lead to another bat-a-thon, but even so I can think of worse places to spend four days in early spring.
Great news for Queensland. Really pleased with this outcome!

Taliban green lights historic Australia vs Afghanistan Test match

Looks like this will be a big headache for Cricket Australia and the Australian Government. Interesting to see what happens.
The short term way out for the government is to stop the tour citing COVID concerns until formulating some sort of semi-consistent approach. If that doesn't happen, CA have an issue.
If it does CA can then wait and see what happens with womens cricket, which is presumably dead in the water despite the rhetoric of "respecting womens rights".

This is pretty damning. Not just for India, but as much for the fact that only Afghanistan has played less test matches than us in almost two years.

5 tests in 2 years it's a ******* joke, symbolic of our country though, 12 months behind most of the world regarding covid with certain states still chasing covid zero.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back