International Summer of Cricket 2021/22

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
CA puts its money where its mouth is, so fu** off with this sh*t.

since when have CA done anything unless it supported their bottom line?

- avoiding any tests/ODI/t20 with "low tier" teams whenever possible
- pushing for flat pitches during key series so they can reap maximum profit
- instituting a ridiculous BBL season with far too many games

since when have CA done anything unless it supported their bottom line?
Since being a global leader for the development of women's cricket, i.e. circa 2001 at the very latest.

- avoiding any tests/ODI/t20 with "low tier" teams whenever possible
- pushing for flat pitches during key series so they can reap maximum profit
- instituting a ridiculous BBL season with far too many games
- just toured Bangladesh, didn't have to
- the pitches for the big series typically have more life in them, not less
- where do you think the extra money generated from that, along with the ODI/T20I rights, goes?

Don't they get government money for that, though?
No, cricket doesn't get millions in govt funding for its elite programs every year, unlike Australia's favourite past times equestrian and sailing.

See for yourself:

A couple of the country's smaller sports absent from the last year altogether, let it be noted.

The Victorian

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 23, 2018
Victoria
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Storm, Western Utd
I am hoping that maybe Zimbabwe comes in to play Australia in Hobart. It is a possibility seeing they aren't playing in the T20WC.

In other news, there is talk that the New Years test and the Perth test will be swapped.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Since being a global leader for the development of women's cricket, i.e. circa 2001 at the very latest.

- just toured Bangladesh, didn't have to
- the pitches for the big series typically have more life in them, not less
- where do you think the extra money generated from that, along with the ODI/T20I rights, goes?

- we were forced to tour Bangladesh, we had pulled out of the previous series and cancelled their tour of Australia in 2019.
- that's incorrect. We had the gabba which was an absolute road for the Indian series.
- it goes into the bloated and overpaid CA management team's pockets by in large it would seem.

- we were forced to tour Bangladesh, we had pulled out of the previous series and cancelled their tour of Australia in 2019.
- that's incorrect. We had the gabba which was an absolute road for the Indian series.
- it goes into the bloated and overpaid CA management team's pockets by in large it would seem.
- no we weren't

- neither team cracked 400 last summer... and if the Gabba Test had been a day-nighter like CA wanted, it would've been over in 3.5 days

- it would only seem that way to somebody totally out of touch with reality, the money "by in large" goes to national and domestic players (about 120 of which are women)

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
It's all over folks. No Afghan Test this summer.

I agree with CA on this one, even if they do have a track record of avoiding playing teams outside of the big three. Can't support a cricketing body which suppresses women's rights.

Belnakor

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 10, 2005
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
- no we weren't

- neither team cracked 400 last summer... and if the Gabba Test had been a day-nighter like CA wanted, it would've been over in 3.5 days

- it would only seem that way to somebody totally out of touch with reality, the money "by in large" goes to national and domestic players (about 120 of which are women)

are you saying we didn't cancel bangladesh tour multiple times?

Seedsfan

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood

I agree with CA on this one, even if they do have a track record of avoiding playing teams outside of the big three. Can't support a cricketing body which suppresses women's rights.
The cricketing board has 25 contracted women’s players…. So tell me more about how they are suppressing women’s rights

big_e

Existential crisis management consultant
Apr 28, 2008
Back Pocket
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Wycombe Wanderers

It was a bad look to be playing Afghanistan so soon after the Taliban came back and this was just the excuse. Afghanistan has never had a women's team, it didn't bother anyone until now.

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
The cricketing board has 25 contracted women’s players…. So tell me more about how they are suppressing women’s rights
No need to get shirty. Obviously they were contracted prior to the takeover.

Not with lower tier test nations they don’t. Money obsessed.
CA to top Test nations: We won't play you if your government threatens female cricketers.
CA to low Test nations: We won't play you if your government threatens female cricketers.

CA to top Test nations: We won't play you if your government threatens female cricketers.
CA to low Test nations: We won't play you if your government threatens female cricketers.
i certainly think it’s possible to simultaneously support the game against Afghanistan not going ahead, while also being incredibly critical about CA cancelling tours against small countries which they’ve got a history of doing

i certainly think it’s possible to simultaneously support the game against Afghanistan not going ahead, while also being incredibly critical about CA cancelling tours against small countries which they’ve got a history of doing
Evidently, considering how so few posters on here have taken exception to the idiotic comment about CA supposedly being happy about the Taliban seizing power in Afghanistan.

t_94

Premiership Player
May 6, 2014
AFL Club
St Kilda
Evidently, considering how so few posters on here have taken exception to the idiotic comment about CA supposedly being happy about the Taliban seizing power in Afghanistan.

The test quite clearly should not go ahead.

That does not change the fact that Cricket Australia’s actions and attitude towards lower tier test nations is very poor.

jle101

Club Legend
Sep 3, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Williamstown Seagulls
The government on the cricket board are two separate entities. Just because the taliban is anti women’s sport doesn’t mean the cricket board doesn’t support it
I know. Poorly worded by me then. Though if events in Zimbabwe & Sri Lanka are anything to go by political interference is set to be rife.

Park cricketer

Club Legend
Nov 29, 2018
AFL Club
Adelaide
The government on the cricket board are two separate entities. Just because the taliban is anti women’s sport doesn’t mean the cricket board doesn’t support it

ACB CEO Hamid Shinwari to CA yesterday:

E-7X3ycXsAQigpw.png

Santana

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 28, 2008
Has New Zealand announced their 2021/22 summer fixtures yet? I can't find anything anywhere!
Their summer won't start until February because they are touring India & us before that but it doesn't look like any set-in-stone fixtures for them yet. Can't even buy tickets on their site yet by the looks of things. Bangladesh & South Africa are going there for tests

Back