International Club Rugby Internationals overseas

Remove this Banner Ad

May 3, 2003
Warriorville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
NZ Warriors, Wallan FNC
Pretty stock standard first AB performance. France deserved to be closer.

30 wins in a row at Eden Pk.

Link

Any illusions about the legitimacy of France's challenge or the gap left by the All Blacks most senior players ended at Eden Park.

The first test of the season was not a classic, but it was a classic contest as France tore into a series that is now poised for a cracking rematch in Christchurch.

Well France should have levelled it up at 20 all in the 2nd half when one of their players dropped a ball with the line open in front of him. If that pass had been a little better it could have been a very interesting finish to the game. I thought the All Blacks were pretty unconvincing.

Two near upsets in test rugby this weekend. Wales (minus their Lions) scraped past Japan 22-18 despite Japan scoring 2 tries to 1. Craig Wing was playing at 12 for Japan.

And Ireland just beat USA 15-12 in one of the worst games of rugby I've ever seen. Pity as there looked to be a pretty good crowd.

Sure Wales and Ireland were essentially B teams but seems like the 2nd tier sides are continuing to get more competitive. Samoa also beat Scotland, though that's not exactly an upset.

Two great tries in the All Blacks very good 30-0 win over France.

Link

With a 30-0 win over the French and the Dave Gallaher trophy secured, the All Blacks thumped the table and delivered an emphatic message tonight.

Question marks were hanging over the men in black after their error-ridden 23-13 win in the first test in Auckland but at AMI Stadium they shouted to the rugby world that even without Dan Carter and Richie McCaw they are a mighty force.

That last try by the AB's will go down as one of the all time greats I reckon. Just saw highlights.

Japan beat Wales earlier in the day! Smashed 'em 23-8.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back