Roast Internet in Australia is a Joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Libs turned something that would set us Forward that is NOW Sending us Backwards.

God they are Idiots running the Country
Split fiber in the FTTP model meant it started ~15 years behind and was not fixable without re-running the entire network so drop the s**t about Labor did this, Libs did that, they both offered up steaming piles of s**t for billions of dollars and both roll-outs have been awful.

It's like a couple of bogans arguing over which of their cars is the future, the EA or the VN.

Since Optus put our NBN order in.

We have had no home phone line and lost the Internet and won't get it back to we get the NBN on the 10th

We won't get NBN until next year, hopefully something will be resolved by then.
Have cable and no problems streaming with Optus, so happy to wait after reading about all the problems.

Lucky You. What I seen that ADSL is as good or Better then the Bloody NBN(FraudBand)

Just Connected to Optus NBN today and when I download Torrents it goes not Faster then 300kbps and when I was on ADSL I could get up to 1mbps.

So is there a way to FIx This Problem or is another thing that make the NBN Crap?

Just Connected to Optus NBN today and when I download Torrents it goes not Faster then 300kbps and when I was on ADSL I could get up to 1mbps.

So is there a way to FIx This Problem or is another thing that make the NBN Crap?

Have you done a speed test? What did Optus say you should get?

Have you done a speed test? What did Optus say you should get?

Got a 25mbps plan and I get Speeds between 7-20MBPS depends what else is been used on the Network

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dave my guess is Optus are throttling speeds when downloading torrents. VPN should fix it

Dave my guess is Optus are throttling speeds when downloading torrents. VPN should fix it

I actually found out that my Sisters Twins where Watching The Wiggles and when they turned that Off the Downloads when up over 1mbps. Did happen for a While this Evening and the VPN fixed that one

I actually found out that my Sisters Twins where Watching The Wiggles and when they turned that Off the Downloads when up over 1mbps. Did happen for a While this Evening and the VPN fixed that one
You should be downloading at over 2mbps easily with a 25/10 connection.

Mine is only 10/1 & I download at over 1mbps.

You should be downloading at over 2mbps easily with a 25/10 connection.

Mine is only 10/1 & I download at over 1mbps.

I only saw that Once with Direct Downloading but only once.

What you should get and what you get seems to be 2 Different Things with the NBN:mad::thumbsdown:

I converted over to an NBN plan a few months ago. Had no choice. Apart from a problem with dropouts in the beginning, it is exactly the same as far as I can tell... Absolutely no noticeable improvement in speeds. $54bn well spent:thumbsu: Straya!!

I converted over to an NBN plan a few months ago. Had no choice. Apart from a problem with dropouts in the beginning, it is exactly the same as far as I can tell... Absolutely no noticeable improvement in speeds. $54bn well spent:thumbsu: Straya!!

I feel the Same. There is only Tiny Speed Improvements and Has Dropped once in the 1st 24 Hours.

Being Little Bit Cheaper is the only real big change

I feel the Same. There is only Tiny Speed Improvements and Has Dropped once in the 1st 24 Hours.

Being Little Bit Cheaper is the only real big change
Gee, I consistently get between 2-3 Mb on cable, will not be happy if it goes down.
Fortunately we don't get connected until next year.

Gee, I consistently get between 2-3 Mb on cable, will not be happy if it goes down.
Fortunately we don't get connected until next year.

I hear that Cable is Probaby the Best way to Connect to the Internet.

The NBN has just made Australia's Internet Worse then Before. Not Super Fast and not very Reliable

NBN is a Joke. Since we got it Drops out every night between 10 minutes up to 5 hours and at moment it been down since 7 last night and still not back on.

NBN is a Joke

NBN is finally in my area and I have been inundated with the various company plans, driving me crazy trying to work out the various plans offered.
I have been with Optus cable for 22 years and haven't had any problems so started with them.
They offer:
Plan 1. $60 per month - so called ideal for browsing.
Plan 2. $80 per month - so called ideal for streaming and includes Fetch and subscription to Soccer- yuk and Cricket.
Plan 3. $100 per month - their Rolls Royce.
or I can stay on my current plan similar to $80 but no Fetch. ($70 plan but get $10 discount)

What to do? What are other companies like? Plan, Speed, Price?

Any help would be appreciated.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back