Internet in Australia is a Joke

Remove this Banner Ad

I am getting Really Disgusted on how Bad our Internet Service we are getting. IF you call it Internet service. Its Down/Crashed internet more then it Works.

3rd World Countries would have better bloody internet as it would Actually Bloody Work.

We should not pay for the Internet as we pretty much don't get any bloody internet.

Rang out ISP(Exceed Connect) and Telstra and they been pretty much Bloody Useless.

It really is.

The internet I have over here in the Netherlands:

5623208806.png

vs back home in Sydney:

5431884581.png

Not to mention I haven't dropped out once due to a connection issue whereas back home Telstra's network would constantly drop for a few hours every few months.

It really is.

5623208806.png

vs back home in Sydney:

5431884581.png

Not to mention I haven't dropped out once due to a connection issue whereas back home Telstra's network would constantly drop for a few hours every few months.
Crikey.

It really is.

5623208806.png

vs back home in Sydney:

5431884581.png

Thank you. I was worried about my own speeds, your Sydney speeds make me at least break out into a grin.

5626454472.png

I just watched a LTT video about internet bonding.

Literally buying a 2nd connection and a bonding router to organise the data packets to to split & run parallel. Effectively doubling your speed (& costs).

FWIW

Work ADSL through Commander.
5645801646.png

Home Telstra Cable.
Approx 20 down, 1.0 up, 15ms ping.

Faster than 98%...

Sums up how crappy we have it in general if comparing to other countries. Congrats to you for having the luck though.

thats a joke , great for you getting those speeds in rural wa, but im stuck on 5mb at night due to optus congestion. its been two yrs now that they say they are fixing it, but ive noted the nbn was going to use the optus cable for nbn conections. this has now been abandoned i live in west footscray.

my advice threaten the isps with cancellation and ask what they can do for you to stay, im now paying 30 bucks for a 90 dollar bundle.

thats a joke , great for you getting those speeds in rural wa, but im stuck on 5mb at night due to optus congestion. its been two yrs now that they say they are fixing it, but ive noted the nbn was going to use the optus cable for nbn conections. this has now been abandoned i live in west footscray.

my advice threaten the isps with cancellation and ask what they can do for you to stay, im now paying 30 bucks for a 90 dollar bundle.
I hope you don't mean me personally. I'd be lucky to get 4mb consistently in SE Vic with Telstra. :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thank you. I was worried about my own speeds, your Sydney speeds make me at least break out into a grin.

5626454472.png
I wish I could get that reliably. Rarely is 4 reached. Usually 3.7 or so is the max download. Can almost hit 0.8 upload.

Right now is pretty good, low ping (even though it had to go Sydney - when it picks a Canberra server its closer 30ms), slightly above normal download.

5697589553.png

I hope you don't mean me personally. I'd be lucky to get 4mb consistently in SE Vic with Telstra. :p

no personal attacks only against the nbn, im on optus cable and have had two years of congestion with piss poor speeds im promised upto 100mb, i am lucky to get 4 at night. the nbn surrounds my area but thats just the new apartments. i had the same issue waiting for adsl2+
+

no personal attacks only against the nbn, im on optus cable and have had two years of congestion with piss poor speeds im promised upto 100mb, i am lucky to get 4 at night. the nbn surrounds my area but thats just the new apartments. i had the same issue waiting for adsl2+
+

Yep. The Best NBN is given to the Brand New Houses/Buidlings as they have nothing there to start with

Australians have been sold a pup with the current NBN. I have just spent the last 36 hours off line with a fault that no one could diagnose. Finally fixed it myself by powering the NBN off for a few minutes.

This was the second attempt at this fix as the first attempt, under the guidance of a Testra support guy did not work. When the fault was passed onto the Telstra NBN Tech he wanted to do a compatibility test on my NBN box. What the *? Compatibility? when the thing had been running fine for eighteen months.

As I see it the NBN has introduced more factors that can go wrong and for little gain. My service is marginally faster than my old ADSL 2+ system and a lot less reliable. Of course I can get faster speed if I am prepared to pay.

When i go back to my my beach house in Thailand (in one of the poorer regions) my internet speeds is about 10 times faster. I suppose that just confirms that my 2.19 download mbs is pretty much third world

Australians have been sold a pup with the current NBN.
Yep, it's s**t. Australia has populations concentrated in the major cities, with very low density elsewhere by any countries standard. What needed to be done is admitting this and therefore rolling out FTTH in the cities where the population density justifies it and accepting a second best reality elsewhere to not blow it out of the water. Instead it's a choice between unaffordable FTTH almost everywhere or a half-arsed FTTN so everyone ends up around the same speeds (and still overpriced).

Again both sides also letting politics dictate it by rolling out in rural or lots of outer suburban areas first. It should have been rolled out in CBD's and spreading from their in every state, getting 'easy wins' and early profitability to get it going, not cost sinks to appease cross bench members (under the ALP) or Nationals / country Libs (the Coalition).

Dear iinet/tpg

you guys are ******* useless
youre saying on twitter etc that there is no prob in our area abd we should trouble shoot our modem
you dopey *s....aussieoutages.com is showing major probs around the whole country you idiots
so the 85min wait thats advertized on your own website is for what? Pizaa order backlog

******* useless
just lost a 15plus year customer as I was with Adam b4 you dicks took over and ****ed it in the ass

Remove this Banner Ad

Back