Interstate hatred

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by macca23
I'll take a bow then noddy as I qualify for the above - and survived.

It was bloody awful at Vic Park!! Absolutely scary!! Huge obese specimens wearing navy tanktops, drinking their beer and smoking, covered in tatts, and spitting out swearwords, threats, venom and abuse around the one tooth in their unwashed heads.

The men were even more frightening.
ROFL!!!!!! :D

This is one of many macca23 classics.:D

Im not sure what is with the South Ozz people, from the friends i have over there they seem to be 20cents short of a dollar. I dont like the SA clubs simply because of the run ins we have had over the years with there supporters and plus Its all about state pride :D

cheers

Originally posted by AngelEyes
I dont really care about the states, its the teams I dont like.

Actually when it comes to Collingwood, its the supporters I dont like!

Ummm Eddie McGuire, Mick Malthouse, Nathan Buckley & feral supporters - there is nothing to like when it comes to Collingwood :mad:

k
xx

Hmmmm...now what have I stumbled into here? Oh I see...Sth Oz....the sicko and serial killers capital of the world! get a life you pigs

Originally posted by anduril
Hmmmm...now what have I stumbled into here? Oh I see...Sth Oz....the sicko and serial killers capital of the world! get a life you pigs

hahahaha just crawl back under your rock.

k
xx

Hahaha :D :D gold!!!! :D :D

Originally posted by tige19

Im not sure what is with the South Ozz people, from the friends i have over there they seem to be 20cents short of a dollar.

Nice to see that you're mixing with intellectually superior friends!!! ;)

Anduril.

Obviously an example of the intelligent elite of Melbourne. :rolleyes:

God help them!! :rolleyes:

Melbourne isn't much better than Liverpool, mate.

See how many get that one ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Originally posted by macca23
I'll take a bow then noddy as I qualify for the above - and survived.

It was bloody awful at Vic Park!! Absolutely scary!! Huge obese specimens wearing navy tanktops, drinking their beer and smoking, covered in tatts, and spitting out swearwords, threats, venom and abuse around the one tooth in their unwashed heads.

The men were even more frightening.

As has already been pointed out.

A bloody Classic worthy of a far larger audience, :D :D :D

Originally posted by jmorg1
I've noticed the hatred towards Adelaide from Victorians have subsided just a little over the years. In fact some of them have chosen to direct their contempt towards Port (and understandably so). I've also found it interesting that WA'ians seem to hate SA'ians with equal passion. Anyone know why this is so? SA'ians don't really care too much about WA'ians. In fact I would say that most SA'ians were barracking for West Coast in their grand finals. For some reason, a lot of WA'ians on the other hand seem to find great satisfaction in ridiculing and rubbishing our teams. Why is this?

It's an interesting one, isn't it. Western Australian's have always hated Victoria, mainly for poaching many of the WAFL's better players since 1970 or so. Resultantly, it was Western Australia who initiated the State of Origin concept by demanding to play an origin game against the Vics in 1977 instead of an interleague game, in which we thrashed the Vics by 94 points. :D South Australia only embraced the State of Origin concept in 1982, when they lost to the Vics by 12 points in Adelaide.

Western Australian's have never really had a reason to hate South Australians, although I guess they have disliked them more than the rest of the states (other than Victoria), simply for being one of the three football powerhouses and due to some of the great clashes between the two states since the introduction of interleague football.

Tige19 and anduril, football is a club sport, not an interstate sport, (I thought it was Western Australians and South Australians who were accused of being parochial and treating it as a state sport, strange :rolleyes: ) and whilst I would fully embrace the State of Origin concept it were to return, I don't particularly dislike Adelaide or Port Adelaide merely for being South Australian. Furthermore, the rivalry and hostility being Fremantle and WC has reached ridiculous proportions recently, as is evidenced by recent threads on the main board such as http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92767 and http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=92721, just to name a couple, which I do think is good for the game and for the state of club football in Western Australia.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back