Interstate Shitfight thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah but just remember he isn’t Victorian that’s why he got so many chances supposedly according to smash face.

Conveniently forgets the calibre of competition Hodge was competing with to get a test spot at that stage of his career compared to the competition for Shaun Marsh’s position in the test side over the last few years just to suit his made up everyone against Victoria political propaganda.

I’d assume the side coming dead last in the Shield is I don’t know, maybe, not worthy of having a current test representative for obvious reasons because their players are gash, with the exception of Maxwell who I have admitted several times was hard done by. What I have noticed with Victorian players over the years is that the few that do stand out at state level, most of the time get found out at test level and can’t make the next step. Doesn’t help that their team is currently full of or recently had contracted the biggest flogs in the cricket community (Matt Wade, Aaron Finch, Marcus Stoinis, Scott Boland, Dan Christian) oh and Glenn Maxwell going by Steve Smith and CA’s current perception of him depending who you believe there.

If you want the definition of a player hard done by, look no further than Chris Hartley. Was the best wicketkeeper in the country when Nevill and Wade were considered over him to replace Haddin due to their supposed better batting record but Hartley was no slouch with the bat either. Think he would have done as good as Tim Paine is currently going now.
Paine is miles better than Hartley with the willow!

Weak against the short ball and rubbish outside off stump.

You could pick a "Low Light or Two" out for any number if not ALL Test players. Fact is we will never know if he could have been a long term bat for Australia because he did not get the opportunities. Ave 55 from 6 Tests with a double ton sais he MAY have had something. Mind you take the 203 No away and he ave 33....so the sample is just two small. NSW have seemed mostly to get a pretty good crack at the baggy green and it is well known that Sydney is the epicentre of Australian cricket.

You could pick a "Low Light or Two" out for any number if not ALL Test players. Fact is we will never know if he could have been a long term bat for Australia because he did not get the opportunities. Ave 55 from 6 Tests with a double ton sais he MAY have had something. Mind you take the 203 No away and he ave 33....so the sample is just two small. NSW have seemed mostly to get a pretty good crack at the baggy green and it is well known that Sydney is the epicentre of Australian cricket.

Vics have slipped in cricket with Afl dominance . Its natural that NSW has better cricketers as anyone without thick necknplays cricket.

Stoinis is better then Maxwell and younger ...but neither can match Mitch Marsh .

Selectors got it right whether it was luck or good judgement they done good .

Agree Tim Zoehrer was better than Healy but was a bit of a thief apparently.
Zoehrer-_Tim-book-cover.jpg

David Boon made his debut not long before Steve Waugh and iirc hadn’t done a whole heap at Shield level.

The Tasmanian who would have played for Australia if he were from elsewhere (even allowing for the quality of his contemporaries) is Jamie Cox
I think the fact that Cox didn't play for Australia is more a reflection of the batting depth around at the time- Stuart Law and Martin Love both had great FC records and they barely got a go as well. On the other hand, Greg Blewett almost played 50 tests so there will always be winners and losers.

Law would probably have the strongest case for feeling hard done by though- 27,000 FC runs and only one test.

He isnt actually, at least not at first class level.

Paine 95 first class matches 4231 runs at 29.38 and just 1 hundred.

Hartley 131 first class matches 6138 runs at 34.48 and 10 hundreds.
That’s surprising. On talent by itself with the willow, it’s a no contest!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Victoria had any decent cricketers they'd be in the Australian side.

Thankfully they don't ... I'm not sure I could've coped with another Ashes loss.

Im as Victorian as they come and even the most sensible can see that we lack any sort of decent development. The Big Bash proves it. Yes our first choice (Bushrangers XI) are all playing consistent big bash, but the depth players are no where near consistent selection where as guys from other states are front and centre. Tom Cooper and Jack Wildermuth are perfect examples imho.

Surely I've comfortably won the Shaun Marsh being a far, far better Test cricketer than Brad Hodge now.

Shaun Marsh has to contend with the might of Joe Burns, Adam Voges and Glenn Maxwell.

Brad Hodge had to contend with the mediocre Damian Martyn, Martin Love and Mark Waugh to contend with. If they werent in, Darren Lehman, Michael Clarke were about at that time.

Shaun Marsh has to contend with the might of Joe Burns, Adam Voges and Glenn Maxwell.

Brad Hodge had to contend with the mediocre Damian Martyn, Martin Love and Mark Waugh to contend with. If they werent in, Darren Lehman, Michael Clarke were about at that time.
Kram is trolling dude

I never got the interstate fight. Wouldn't you want the best players playing for Australia? It was hilarious (or sad?) when Wade went to Tassie and the hardcore Wade defenders dropped him on the spot.

I never got the interstate fight. Wouldn't you want the best players playing for Australia? It was hilarious (or sad?) when Wade went to Tassie and the hardcore Wade defenders dropped him on the spot.
Which ones? Doctor Gero certainly didn't. Who else?

Ryan Harris knew he had to move to QLD because you just don't get Test caps playing for SA
More likely the Adelaide oval is death for quicks while the GABBA is awesome.

Still a better Test cricketer, I've won the argument. There is no disputing this.

Hodge may have had more competition, but when he was given a decent run in the Test he was garbage. Had one decent innings and was clueless the rest of the time. Maybe he might have come good with another go (unlucky not to) but it's not a 'sure thing' that he would have been some gun player like the Vic fanboys carry on. It's actually quite likely he would have continued to have been s**t when he had issues with the short ball and outside offstump.

Good state player, failure at Test level.

Which ones? Doctor Gero certainly didn't. Who else?
That was a quick response, why so defensive? Something to hide? Do you want me to name names?

I mean there was a Pom on here who was basically dryhumping Wade's leg and as soon as he went to Tassie he ran off real quick.

As a Queenslander, I think Maxwell has been hard done by and Holland is better than Agar.

I want the best players in the Aussie team.

That was a quick response, why so defensive? Something to hide? Do you want me to name names?

I mean there was a Pom on here who was basically dryhumping Wade's leg and as soon as he went to Tassie he ran off real quick.
I mean I got an alert, read your post and asked a question. Why is that a problem?

You're talking about eddiesmith. He hasn't gone cold on Wade AFAIK.

I'm not actually, and I've been proven correct.
Yeah you are. Look, it's fine, I really don't care if you do but don't pretend that you're not.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back